Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

The team probably only got worse as they weren't comfortable or happy a player was about to come who has had little effect as many initially in the season would've hoped.

If either Amartey or King came on instead, they would be been more content and at ease playing alongside then.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

The team probably only got worse as they weren't comfortable or happy a player was about to come who has had little effect as many initially in the season would've hoped.

If either Amartey or King came on instead, they would be been more content and at ease playing alongside then.

That's one of the most ridiculous tights I've ever read. 

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Spot on Wymes.  That Shakey is a complete tool ...     Sack the fooker ! ...   Now !

Just now, Babylon said:

Why is it?

Shakespeare should've known by now Musa has been poor for the majority of the season (apart from the FA Cup game at Everton). And this type of game situation then wasn't right to put an under-performing player on.

At least with either Amartey or King on instead, they could retain the ball and pass it to another blue shirt to avoid any potential mishap that could've benefitted West Ham.

• Like 1

The guy was not great today but to be fair, he was chucked on in a difficult time in which we had created little or nothing going forwards in the chunk of the game leading up to his substitution - same goes for slim.

The disconnect from the defence and midfield to the forward line was obvious for the whole second half, and whilst you might expect more from a player with his transfer fee - that's hardly his fault.

That being said, a little more intelligent play was not beyond the realms of expectation or possibility and he can be legitimately criticised for that, but in a rather poor season from all our players, he's hardly featured since our rejuvenation.

• Like 1

He is obviously a decent footballer else our scouting department wouldn't have been willing to spend 20m plus on him last Jan. 

I think he was bought in in case anything happened to Vardy. Unfortunately he doesn't seem strong enough, nor does he close down like Vards, but let's be honest, on his day in terms of sheer determination and driving the team forward, there is nobody like Vardy. 

Every player needs time, the only thing I have a question mark over is whether he is a 'Leicester' type player. I.e. Is his work rate high enough? 

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Why is it?

Shakespeare should've known by now Musa has been poor for the majority of the season (apart from the FA Cup game at Everton). And this type of game situation then wasn't right to put an under-performing player on.

At least with either Amartey or King on instead, they could retain the ball and pass it to another blue shirt to avoid any potential mishap that could've benefitted West Ham.

Fair enough Wymes but then assuming Shakey does know what he's doing why did he put him on ???   

26 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Why is it?

Why? Because you're suggesting the team got worse because of their faith or lack of it in ONE player. Despite there being a fairly large number of other more obvious reasons in our continued decline throughout the game. Especially because we were going backwards without having him even on the pitch.

Was he good, no. But once again he's played when the team is struggling and going backwards. It was as clear as day that we were struggling physically fairly eary on and the whole team tired drastically.

I will call what I see... he was crap, but so was everyone else for the majority post the goals.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What on earth did people expect when the 9 players behind the strikers couldn't even pass the all straight. Before he came on with slim we were laughable going forward and it carried on. 

Musa did not even press. Not once. We were all screaming for him to press at the very least but he didn't even do that.

He just looks so lost. As I said on the previous page, when he just passed the ball straight out of play it was laughable.

Shite. Get him sold.

47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's not. He has a point.

There was a part of the game where Musa was in front of us in the channel, lost the ball so easy and Drinkwater had to come across and chuck his body in the way to win the ball back.

I don't understand why Gray wasn't on instead but we also needed to retain the ball better so King would've been ideal. The subs were strange.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's not. He has a point.

There was a part of the game where Musa was in front of us in the channel, lost the ball so easy and Drinkwater had to come across and chuck his body in the way to win the ball back.

I don't understand why Gray wasn't on instead but we also needed to retain the ball better so King would've been ideal. The subs were strange.

The same thing happened almost all game long, I was ripping my hair out before him and slim got on the pitch because we kept surrendering the ball without a good reason. So another pointless surrendering is just a pattern.

As for the subs, I'd have thought the reasoning was obvious. The strikers were fooked and we wanted an out like vards (Musa) and a presser like Okazak (Slim)i... problem is neither are as good at that. Especially in a fooked team.

Could you have brought on Gray, yes.... but he's less of a like for like than those two. Will he trust them again, unlikely... but he's learning a lot about each player and what they can and can't deal with.... he's not exactly shown much faith in Gray so far either. 

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Yup let's beat a dead horse although we actually had our first win away since april 2016.

Saved by the keeper. Multiple times.

If it hadn't been for Schmeichel, it would've turned into an absolute embarrassment.

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

If it hadn't been for Schmeichel, it would've turned into an absolute embarrassment.

On that I fully agree. Kasper was the man and we owe him. That said, the guy Musa (while being shite) isn't responsible for being brought on. The Champions League took its toll at some point and the team was burnt out. Mahrez was dead and should've been subbed off. amartey should've come for him and give abit of fresh air in the middle.Shakey got it wrong. Shit happens, we were lucky enough to get away with it

Edited by ZeGuy

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

We were saved by Kasper and West Hams shocking finishing. Yes that save at the end was great however the shot should never have been anywhere near him. Poor finishing = good save.

Good result but the last 30 minutes we were clinging on for dear life.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

On that I fully agree. Kasper was the man and we owe him. That said, the guy Musa (while being shite) isn't responsible for being brought on. The Champions League took its toll at some point and the team was burnt out. Mahrez was dead and should've been subbed off. amartey should've come for him and give abit of fresh air in the middle.Shakey got it wrong. Shit happens, we were lucky enough to get away with it

The point is that Musa as a substitute was supposed to take the pressure off. In that, he failed (miserably).

He was one of the few with relatively fresh legs after the Sevilla triumph.

Instead, he made it even worse today with his very odd decision-making, allowing West Ham to regain possession with ease and piling more pressure on our box.

Him and Slimani up front today were my only two real sources of frustration.

• Like 1

Just now, MC Prussian said:

The point is that Musa as a substitute was supposed to take the pressure off. In that, he failed (miserably).

He was one of the few with relatively fresh legs after the Sevilla triumph.

Instead, he made it even worse today with his very odd decision-making, allowing West Ham to regain possession with ease and piling more pressure on our box.

Him and Slimani up front today were my only two real sources of frustration.

I'm aware of that. He was shit today. Slim was shit as well (but not as bad as Musa). But I ain't even mad. The guy(s) is(are) gone in the summer and unless Shakey is on LSD, we won't see Musa in a blue shirt, he just torpedoed his last chance. 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The same thing happened almost all game long, I was ripping my hair out before him and slim got on the pitch because we kept surrendering the ball without a good reason. So another pointless surrendering is just a pattern.

As for the subs, I'd have thought the reasoning was obvious. The strikers were fooked and we wanted an out like vards (Musa) and a presser like Okazak (Slim)i... problem is neither are as good at that. Especially in a fooked team.

Could you have brought on Gray, yes.... but he's less of a like for like than those two. Will he trust them again, unlikely... but he's learning a lot about each player and what they can and can't deal with.... he's not exactly shown much faith in Gray so far either. 

While its undoubtedly relevant I think the blaming of the other ten players for musa not turning up to 90% of the games he's played this season can only go so far.

Today, as a substitute, he was brought on to change the fact we were under the cosh, struggling physically etc not compound it. Other players have made marked improvements stood up and been counted, he's the one that has to make the impression, him and slimani were suppose to be the fresh legs that give the team a lift and turned the tide, you'd like to think that's the sole reason  why Shakespeare made the changes, but if anything it got worse once they were on.

i don't want to hang him out to dry and let's face it us as fans of this team know any player can kick on and dramatically improve but with him I just feel he's shown pretty much next to nothing and the players around him can only be blamed so much, there have been several occasions he's looked like the worst player on the pitch.

• Like 2

Give the guy a break 

he was heard to make some funny noises breathing today 

the West Ham team confirmed to the sun newspaper that musa was making some strange noises 

one unnamed source said 

"the noise was very pronounced and was surely effecting his performance" 

when probed further on the sound of the noise the unnamed sources said 

"well it's was a hee haw hee haw sound"

"like a donkey ?" The reporter asked 

"yes indeed , a donkey" said the unnamed source

when contacted Leicester City refused to confirm or deny they had paid nearly £20m for a donkey !