Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 4 - 2

The American commentators thought Claudio was about to bring on Ben Chilwell in the second half, and he presumably was, but he changed his mind. I wonder if Shakey had a word with him, something like 'Are you mad?'. Claudio had a big think, and replied 'Yes, I am. Please prevent me from ever thinking that again'.

:unsure: 

Don't know if this has already been said but there's something about us playing any team in the rain and winning by cracking scorelines and there's something about us playing Man City full stop (but usually in the rain) and winning by cracking scorelines! Hopefully it rains on Tuesday night.

Watched the match, glad we won, but second half our defence was shaky, I hope Huth and Morgan and the team can take confidence from this, last season we may have kept it to just one goal.  Good to see Mahrez-Vardy combo.

We played Man City at the right time, but doesnt take away from a good win

IT would be nice to play peps defence every week but obviously other teams will be more solid.asking his defenders to play out from the back and dawdle on the ball is football suicide and his goalkeeper is laughable,talk about sweeper keeper he sweeps up nothing. While John stones is abysmal

For Fuchs sake! I miss a game and this happens lol Sounds like an amazing game, so happy for Vards to finally unstuck and grab a hattrick. Great news, only 24 points to safety now:)

Also on our way back home with family we luckily avoided running over a young moose. Which undoubtedly means: next game CR plays The Moose, he scores.

11 hours ago, lee7 said:

Before today's game on BT sport they showed a few examples of how Mahrez this season was delaying passes to Vardy and taking extra needless touches even though Vardy was still making the exact same runs as he was last season. 

So it was good to see Mahrez playing Vardy in first time and looking to offload the ball quickly. 

This is right,no end of times i've said to the lads next to me,Mahrez isn't releasing the ball quick enough in certain situations,he even did it a couple of times yesterday when people had started a run into space and he didn't make the pass,He was definitely more like last seasons Mahrez,long may it continue.

1 hour ago, thursday_next said:

The American commentators thought Claudio was about to bring on Ben Chilwell in the second half, and he presumably was, but he changed his mind. I wonder if Shakey had a word with him, something like 'Are you mad?'. Claudio had a big think, and replied 'Yes, I am. Please prevent me from ever thinking that again'.

:unsure: 

He was definitely just about to come on, Mahrez seemed to signal 'give it 5 minutes' to the bench and then Chilwell went to warm up again. 

I did wonder what on earth the change was going to be. 

1 hour ago, Lionheart10 said:

This is right,no end of times i've said to the lads next to me,Mahrez isn't releasing the ball quick enough in certain situations,he even did it a couple of times yesterday when people had started a run into space and he didn't make the pass,He was definitely more like last seasons Mahrez,long may it continue.

Most of times, Mahrez simply has no real option to release the ball. Team needs a quality attacking player in midfield to link-up with him.

Just now, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Yeah odd quote wasn't it? WTAF?

I imagine its a reference to the "stats" obsessed people, but imagine the meltdown on here if CR had lost 4-2 and said he doesnt care about tackling. lol

Archived