Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 4 - 2

Superb first half.

I understand Pep's style of play, especially being brought up that way and learning under a genius in Cruyff, but he hasn't got the players he had at Barca and Bayern. Sagna, Stones, Kolorov aren't good enough to play like that and today it was against the wrong team - We pressed totally like we used too and even Slimani was helping Vardy out which we've rarely seen so far this season.

Second half was ok. Let them back in it with two poor goals to concede. Zieler should have had the free kick regardless of the fact it was a stupid foul to concede.

Fantastic performance - given nothing really changed besides the work rate and effort, you've got to wonder where that side has been this year. Overly simplistic to blame the ICC preseason, but you've got to wonder if the poor focus on fitness is why we've only just ignited like last season. Hard to justify taking anyone out for drinkwater for Tuesday after that, but it has to be the same strategy and the same work ethic whoever goes out there on Tuesday.

nice boost for James to get back on the pitch as well, if he can get the same sort of level as the last two seasons we've played things should get a whole lot better.

****in brilliant. what a win. great performance, like watching us play as we were last season. clap banner got destroyed in 7 minutes haha. buzzin. said to my old man vardy would score a couple today, didn't predict he'd bag a hatrick... great to see us show some passion, hunger and fight.

It was a shame to concede 2 when we were 4-0 up (4-2 doesn't sound quite so impressive) but I've always said I don't care how many they score as long as we try to score more.

From the start it looked like our intent was to score goals and that made a huge impact on our game.

One of those special games which was so unexpected. Really pleased for Claudio.

I just hope we show the same commitment on a cold Tuesday night in Bournemouth!

Absolutely fantastic win. Everything that had been missing in recent weeks was back. The desire was back, the imagination was back, the intensity was back, the effort was back. If all of those are there, I'll not complain.

It doesn't render the recent complaining invalid at all, but it gives me a lot more hope going forward.

Bloody hell, where did that come from?

Where have they been all season?!

That was brilliant, played really well, it was like watching a game from last season.

Gotta kick on from that now and follow it up on Tuesday v Bournemouth and Saturday v Stoke, otherwise it counts for nothing!

Saw somewhere on this forum that Ranieri asked players whether if they want to change 4-4-2 and got told no by players.  I know we got three points today and I am still in celebratory mode but I do find it a touch concerning that there is still reluctance to develop Plan B.  Other teams won't give us that much space as Man City did today and we need to learn how to break stubborn sides down.  

Guest CityFan 06

Outstanding win and team performance. Back to our best which is very pleasing, that was Leicester 2015/16 - pace, tempo and counter attacks. Exactly what Vardy needed, what a top performance from him today, and his first hattrick for the club.

King & Amartey superb. Mahrez sensational, that touch was an act of brilliance. Fuchs was magnificent throughout, and he started the move for that stunning passage of play with Mahrez's touch for Vardy's 3rd. The ball from Fuchs to Mahrez was excellent. Nice to see James back and playing. Really hope this result spur's us on now, this is what we're capable of. If we contiune with this sort of game, we will be in or around the top ten, which is what the club should be aiming for in my opinion.

29 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

It was a shame to concede 2 when we were 4-0 up (4-2 doesn't sound quite so impressive) but I've always said I don't care how many they score as long as we try to score more.

From the start it looked like our intent was to score goals and that made a huge impact on our game.

One of those special games which was so unexpected. Really pleased for Claudio.

I just hope we show the same commitment on a cold Tuesday night in Bournemouth!

Me too, I am there and it's a long trip from Blackpool! Great effort by the boys today!

Great performance for the lads but we have to take into account how bad Man city were and the horrendous tactics they had.

So many sloppy passes throughout the game and I count 7 players playing out of position. They played right into our hands with the shockingly high line they played and the truly horrific passing out from the back.

Stones and Bravo lol. Wouldnt buy them for 6mil let alone 60mil

rating guardiola less and less by each passing week

Archived