Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 4 - 2

Just now, Barky said:

Great result made by some world class goals. Even if everyone wants to blame Man City's defence the truth is that Vardy was absolutely ruthless in front of goal tonight and King's finish was pretty great too. Well deserved three points and hopefully that will kick start our premier league campaign.

Our defending and finishing was far better than it has been this season 

19 minutes ago, midland_red said:

So what on earth has changed? something obviously did..??

I stayed away from the match thread for the first time this season - and it worked! You're all welcome :thumbup:

In the boardroom 3 months ago: "So, Craudio, you fink we stay in Plemier Reague and do OK in Champion Reague because the Champion Reague is more money for us. Ret's see how far we go in Champion Reague as rong ae we ONLY JUST stay in Plemier Reague, maybe salifice Plemier Reague for Champion Reague money"

Claudio: "Yesa I do my best, Mr Thai businessman, you da boss. I give you my word cos I'm an honesta man

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

In the boardroom 3 months ago: "So, Craudio, you fink we stay in Plemier Reague and do OK in Champion Reague because the Champion Reague is more money for us. Ret's see how far we go in Champion Reague as rong ae we ONLY JUST stay in Plemier Reague, maybe salifice Plemier Reague for Champion Reague money"

Claudio: "Yesa I do my best, Mr Thai businessman, you da boss. I give you my word cos I'm an honesta man

What the **** is this

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

[winces]

Mind Your Language was about 38 years ago and Allo Allo was about 28 years ago.

Have we learned nothing?

3 minutes ago, Barky said:

What the **** is this

Dunno really. I'm a bit pissed after watching in the pub and trying to make sense of what's going on. If it's a bad post I apologise. I'm normally rational. However, take out the stupid tone and the point could be valid.

Just now, Parafox said:

Dunno really. I'm a bit pissed after watching in the pub and trying to make sense of what's going on. If it's a bad post I apologise. I'm normally rational

Sailing a bit close to the wind mate. You'll be forgiven though I'm sure because today is a good day!

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

oookkkkkk

So, when I said in the 'Unusual Meat' thread you were racist it was a joke, but, er....

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

... oh dear... maybe lay off the booze now :)

This was the most incredible return to the best of our form last season - as if the whole thing was distilled into the first 20 minutes.  I was all for putting Vardy on the bench and would even have thought about dropping Huth.  I feared that King would be overrun.  I know absolutely nothing, evidently.  I was also so pleased to see Amartey put in such a great performance.  Looking back, that early goal from Vardy just gave the lads an injection of self-belief.  It also looked to me as if Slimani now has fully bought in to what made us great last year.  Man City away last season was pivotal and let's hope this home match proves to be pivotal this time round.  Go on you blue boys!

On the train back up to Leeds, it has to be said slightly gobsmacked at where that came from. Sensational performance from everyone of the lads tonight. So pleased for Vardy too. I'm a massive fan of Vardy and I hope he gets a confidence boost from his hat trick. 

Really hope we can use this to reignite our domestic season, starting at Bournemouth on Tuesday. 

Also, great atmosphere tonight from the start (obviously helped by the two goals) but I think the fans were great. 

To be fair, City were very poor, and without Stones there's no way we would have scored as many.

But, not only did the first-half sparks result in something now Vardy turned up, he seemed to spur the rest of the team on too.

We need to keep up that momentum throughout the season though. Not all teams have such a poor left back and don't bothered changing for us. 24 more points.

15 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Comfortably the most cringeworthy thing i've read on here.

Archived