Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City Post Match Thread 4 - 2

Best thing about that was the attitude, early goals helped but the desire and energy was back. 

Classic last season, get in front and protect the box excellently until the last few minutes. 

That said, city were atrocious in defence and allowed us to do what we enjoy which no one else has done yet. 

Big confidence boost. 

We played great, as I said earlier. I'm taking nothing away from us

That said....Man City, defensively were all over the place. 

Bizarrely, that was probably one of the easiest matches we'll get all season. I've always thought John Stones was an England regular in the making, but was raw and needed to be developed. Watching that tonight.... I'm not sure he's just not shite actually. Vardy tore him a new one all game.

The passion,commitment and endeavour is back. Splendid goals,even Kolarov's. We just needed to keep the concentration going until the end of the game.

Thought Slimani worked well, pity he didn't get the goal he deserved at the end of the first half. As for JV,a hatrick is some way to end the drought.

Next, keep it going for a first away win on Tuesday.

V Good .Anyone else feel the ref was fairly kind today .Have they had a rethink on the wrestling in the box cos it was happening both ends today.

You have to wish we could play them every week with that set up at the back .Perfect for Vardy and they didn't have the sense to change.

We played Man City at a good time, suspensions and a lack of consistency from them, with the embarrassment of Porto to rectify, and it gladly came good.

Given the extremely low percentage of possession and Man City's inability to shoot on target or pass today and a bit of hunger we deserved this win, but let's not assume we are back to greatness. I do hope it gives us the confidence and lift that we needed, and the display today, including and importantly goals for Vardy, I hope doesn't go to their heads, as we go into the Xmas period we need our backups to pick up their game too, as Mahrez and Slims will be gone in Jan.

Great performance for the lads but we have to take into account how bad Man city were and the horrendous tactics they had.

So many sloppy passes throughout the game and I count 7 players playing out of position. They played right into our hands with the shockingly high line they played and the truly horrific passing out from the back.

Stones and Bravo lol. Wouldnt buy them for 6mil let alone 60mil

rating guardiola less and less by each passing week

3 minutes ago, dynamark said:

V Good .Anyone else feel the ref was fairly kind today .Have they had a rethink on the wrestling in the box cos it was happening both ends today.

You have to wish we could play them every week with that set up at the back .Perfect for Vardy and they didn't have the sense to change.

I thought we definitely got the benefit of the doubt on most 50-50s, however I also think they (esp Fernando) could have picked up a few yellows for tactical fouls.

As for the grappling i've seen this mentioned elsewhere but I didn't really see where a penalty could be awarded. Morgan on Ihenacho maybe but Ihenacho starts it. I think unless the ref is 100% how it started and who's actually doing the fouling then they can't give it

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Bizarrely, that was probably one of the easiest matches we'll get all season. I've always thought John Stones was an England regular in the making, but was raw and needed to be developed. Watching that tonight.... I'm not sure he's just not shite actually. Vardy tore him a new one all game.

Agree entirely. Man City have no shape or discipline without Kompany and no fight without Fernadinho. We probably won't be afforded that space to play into again all season. Although this win was thoroughly deserved and the pressing and commitment was back, Man City allowed Leicester to do what they do best tonight where most others have not - and will continue to make life hard. 

Just got in and watched the post match interviews. Interesting to hear Claudio discussing the possibility of a three man midfield and inviting the players thoughts on this. The consensus being that the squad favours a 4-4-2. Significantly Claudio spoke pre-match as he has done many times in the past of the need to remain compact and tight but this depends upon a solid midfield pairing and tonight, King and Amartey were precisely that. 

Great performance. 

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That's basically how he plays every game I've ever seen him in, absolutely stunning waste of money.

man city may have been incredibly poor at the back the leicester of a few weeks back wouldnt have capitalised on that.

for the first time this season i feel as proud as last season.

only one game i know but the players and manager have shown me the fire is still burning!

That was a bit good wasn't it :D

The real Leicester are back...for the time being. We did everything right tonight, took our chances, were deadly on the counter, worked extremely hard and defended superbly.

Vardy, Mahrez & Fuchs were incredible tonight, King & Amartey deserve a lot of plaudits too after the stick they've received.

Just one little negative and that was their second goal, a lack of concentration from everyone.

Great evening, hopefully we've turned a corner.

Archived