Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think the tie will be over by then, Seville will likely batter us. Very strong team, second only to Real. I would have fancied us more against Real I must say

BOOOOOOO! Toss the non-believer  in the fire!

5-4 aggregate to us. :)

Sevilla are an awesome side, they are 2nd in the table for a reason! Sampoli has done an incredible job and it genuinely looks like they have jumped another level from last year, which was a tough ask given that Unai Emery had worked wonders with them.

On paper they are the overwhelming favourites, but we have a chance. They play a heavy possession based game, second only to Barcelona and Las Palmas in La Liga, but that plays into our hands. Unlike Arsenal (as an example), we don't need to have the lion's share of possession to win. In fact as we showed twice against Man City in 2016, the opponents can have 70% possession and still get thumped. Our trump card is that so far this season, Sevilla are unlikely to have played a team that is so geared for the counter attack. We are literally more dangerous when the opposition has the ball, and they will see a lot of it!

If we start badly and go behind 2-0 or similar in the first 15 then the tie is done and will be a procession like games this season against Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool. However, the longer we keep the game scoreless the more likely it is we could win, as those spaces at the back will open up which Vardy can exploit.

Should be a great match, and I just hope that we are still in it for the second leg. Even if we were 2-0 down we would have a chance, even though it would be tough to progress. 

They have lots of European experience, it's a reflection of the standard of the Champions League when these are seen as one of the "easier" opponents, id imagine from their part they were elated when they were paired with us.

It'll be interesting how we set up for the first leg the importance of scoring an away goal can't be underestimated, even a 2-1 defeat wouldn't be too bad.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sevilla are an awesome side, they are 2nd in the table for a reason! Sampoli has done an incredible job and it genuinely looks like they have jumped another level from last year, which was a tough ask given that Unai Emery had worked wonders with them.

On paper they are the overwhelming favourites, but we have a chance. They play a heavy possession based game, second only to Barcelona and Las Palmas in La Liga, but that plays into our hands. Unlike Arsenal (as an example), we don't need to have the lion's share of possession to win. In fact as we showed twice against Man City in 2016, the opponents can have 70% possession and still get thumped. Our trump card is that so far this season, Sevilla are unlikely to have played a team that is so geared for the counter attack. We are literally more dangerous when the opposition has the ball, and they will see a lot of it!

If we start badly and go behind 2-0 or similar in the first 15 then the tie is done and will be a procession like games this season against Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool. However, the longer we keep the game scoreless the more likely it is we could win, as those spaces at the back will open up which Vardy can exploit.

Should be a great match, and I just hope that we are still in it for the second leg. Even if we were 2-0 down we would have a chance, even though it would be tough to progress. 

I would love nothing more than us get a result away. A draw would be amazing and leaves everything open for the home leg, even a loss by one goal (as long as we score).

I would take a 3-2 loss. The problem I have is that the first leg we will likely be extremely careful not to concede so scoring a goal away from home may be difficult but this is so important.

At the KP (sorry, LC Stadium as per CL) anything can happen and I would back us to win at home against anyone.

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

They have lots of European experience, it's a reflection of the standard of the Champions League when these are seen as one of the "easier" opponents, id imagine from their part they were elated when they were paired with us.

It'll be interesting how we set up for the first leg the importance of scoring an away goal can't be underestimated, even a 2-1 defeat wouldn't be too bad.

I wonder how they view the draw with us. Are they cocky/confident? Do they see us as a bye?

So there is a lot of rumors about them losing a couple of key players in January.. Notably N'Zonzi especially as hes rejected new contract and hes not shy on moving to other clubs either.

How much does this benefit us as he is their Key anchor in the middle of the park..

11 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Happy to be proven wrong but a lot of people are underestimating Seville. A lot said it was a great draw, not so sure. Won Europa League for 3 seasons for a reason.

I really hope we have something to play for second leg.

I don't see too many people saying we'll beat them easily. We only stand a half-decent chance if the players out there fighting for their lives over both legs, pushed on by a frenetic support at home (and to a lesser and less effective extent, away at Sevilla).

The majority of the things I'm hearing about Sevilla are the exact same things I heard about man city earlier in the season. They're awesome, they play such good possession based football with world class players yada yada. 

If they underestimate us and we show up we can take them, no it won't be easy, be we definitely have at least a small chance. 

Rather be playing Sevilla than either of the Madrids, Bayern, Barca, JUve etc. Sevilla have european experience we don't but at least we have a chance of progressing and makingit competitive, unlike a game against the aforementioned where we would most definitely be out after 1 leg.

22 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Rather be playing Sevilla than either of the Madrids, Bayern, Barca, JUve etc. Sevilla have european experience we don't but at least we have a chance of progressing and makingit competitive, unlike a game against the aforementioned where we would most definitely be out after 1 leg.

Have you seen the record of Sevilla in knockout European football matches?

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Have you seen the record of Sevilla in knockout European football matches?

Leverkusen was the best we could have had, Benfica potentially too even if slightly more difficult on paper.

I would probably have put Seville as third "best" choice even though Bayern have not been as dominant and would not like our style of football.

It would be a major upset if we knock Seville out but we won the league last year which showed nothing is impossible. I tell to the fans, continue dreaming.

Don't mind getting knocked out if we win the FA Cup instead! Either or, not gonna be greedy and ask for both.

Hey foxes!!

New to forums. Thought I'd give it a go!

Booked my flight tickets to Sevilla but I dont have a match ticket yet :( ... What's the itinerary for you foxes whilst in spain? Amd does anyone have a spare match ticket (our end) that you'd be willing to sell?

Cheerios

Loughborough Fox #LufbraWalkOnWater 

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We'll see but a lot of people are being very cocky about this game/draw. It's a hard fall when you jump so high.

I don't care if we get hammered as we have met more than expectation already and I hope people can see that.

If you believe you can OR if you believe you can't....YOU'RE RIGHT !

If the team and the fans bought into your logic last season we would not be Premier league champions now.

2 hours ago, Lafbra Fox said:

Hey foxes!!

New to forums. Thought I'd give it a go!

Booked my flight tickets to Sevilla but I dont have a match ticket yet :( ... What's the itinerary for you foxes whilst in spain? Amd does anyone have a spare match ticket (our end) that you'd be willing to sell?

Cheerios

Loughborough Fox #LufbraWalkOnWater 

You can tell you are new to the forum buddy as  the topic of buying our away end tickets from another fan been done to death here.

In summary, season ticket holders are sent a voucher with their name on them and they exchange it for a match ticket in Seville from Leicester City representatives there. LCFC will only pass over the ticket if the name on your passport matches the name on the voucher.

The only other way is buying of somebody who travels over there, gets his/her ticket and then sells it on to you. Why would they do that though? 

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Watching them play real (on sky) and they look a very good outfit. 

They press the ball well and have made real look look very jumpy. 

Yep, came here to post just that. We've got a very hard task on our hands

edit: just conceded a penalty as I post that

Archived