Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

6 hours ago, K1FOX said:

So much negativity it's unbelievable. You forget we won our group very easily and won the premier league last year. 

I know sevilla are a quality side and are flying high at the moment but people are speaking as though they are a footballing giant with the best players in the world playing for them. They have good players but ask yourself how many of their players would get into top premier league sides. We dismantled the premier league last year and have clearly been a lot better in the champions league than in the league this year partly because the players are fully focused on it rightly or wrongly. It's a knockout tie and i think our team deserves a lot more respect than it is getting on here. 

lol

6 hours ago, K1FOX said:

So much negativity it's unbelievable. You forget we won our group very easily and won the premier league last year. 

I know sevilla are a quality side and are flying high at the moment but people are speaking as though they are a footballing giant with the best players in the world playing for them. They have good players but ask yourself how many of their players would get into top premier league sides. We dismantled the premier league last year and have clearly been a lot better in the champions league than in the league this year partly because the players are fully focused on it rightly or wrongly. It's a knockout tie and i think our team deserves a lot more respect than it is getting on here. 

:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

lol

15 hours ago, K1FOX said:

lol

Too many little bitches in this thread if everyone had this 'ohhhh we are going to lose 10-0 attitude no one would ever achieve anything in sport or life for that matter. 

I personally think it will be a close tie and after everything I have seen from this team and this manager I certainly won't be betting against them.

I just hope we get some momentum going into this, i watched them play Real on the weekend. Real controlled the game for 80 minutes then Sevilla and their fans really bossed them last 15. Hopefully their tall CDM that played for stoke (forget his name, N'zonzi i think) will be injured because he was putting in work. 

If we can get into some sort of consistency i think we will have a great chance, however the game is less than a month away and Mahrez and Slimani will not have long to integrate themselves into the team when they get back. Would be upsetting if the only place we get to go is Sevilla in our first showing in the champions league.

18 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Too many little bitches in this thread if everyone had this 'ohhhh we are going to lose 10-0 attitude no one would ever achieve anything in sport or life for that matter. 

I personally think it will be a close tie and after everything I have seen from this team and this manager I certainly won't be betting against them.

I will! Bookies have lost their heads making Sevilla 8/13.

Unless we've sorted out our defence or their whole team falls ill we're going to be comfortably beaten. Just look how we've been comfortably beaten by every decent team we've played this season.

Aside from Man City, which was our easiest game of the season.

I'm glad we've strengthened the midfield, but it's ridiculous that we're 18 days into the window and don't look like signing a RB or CB. 

Come kick off, my bias and hope will kick in and I'll be thinking/hoping we can beat them. The logical side of anybody should expect a comfortable Sevilla victory over the 2 legs though.

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Unless we've sorted out our defence or their whole team falls ill we're going to be comfortably beaten. Just look how we've been comfortably beaten by every decent team we've played this season.

I'm glad we've strengthened the midfield, but it's ridiculous that we're 18 days into the window and don't look like signing a RB or CB

Come kick off, my bias and hope will kick in and I'll be thinking/hoping we can beat them. The logical side of anybody should expect a comfortable Sevilla victory over the 2 legs though.

I think it will be hard to sign any quality/confirmed CB or RB at the Moment. January window is expensive and the team lost a lot of appeal.

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm glad we've strengthened the midfield, but it's ridiculous that we're 18 days into the window and don't look like signing a RB or CB. 

Are Spurs and arsenal not decent teams? So actually we have got results  from 3 of the 6 decent sides in the leauge.

And how can you write man city off as the easiest game of the season? Our tactics and effort made it look easy. 

Nevermind though you carry on writing statements that aren't true against your team and betting against them and I'll carry on dreaming and supporting them.

18 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Well, they're beating footballing giants with the best players in the world playing for them, they've stuck one over Real and Atletico, gone away to Turin and got a draw out of Juventus, and their above Barcelona in La Liga......that's probably why.

Depends what you mean by that but quite a few.

Our Champions League group was shockingly bad lets be honest, couldn't of been much better if we picked it ourselves, we were impressive in Brugge, we ground out the three home wins and put in displays that were a far cry from last season, Coppenhagen away was one of the worst games of football I've seen this season and we wont go into the pointless game at the Drago. 

I am not saying we cannot win anything can happen in Knockout football (although the two leg format does favor the better side ) and there is a long time between now and late Feb but at the moment it aint looking good is it. You've got to say they are odds on to win at the minute.

EDIT: lol  

45 minutes ago, Mezeker said:

They sucked vs real for 80 minutes, was a strange game. 

Precisely my point. They didn't really have any chances against Real and if Madrid had taken their chances they'd have been more than a goal up. They're a good side but people are really giving them too much credit. We're in the last 16 of the champions league ffs, we can play football. You'd think we were a sunday league team judging by the comments on here.

45 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Precisely my point. They didn't really have any chances against Real and if Madrid had taken their chances they'd have been more than a goal up. They're a good side but people are really giving them too much credit. We're in the last 16 of the champions league ffs, we can play football. You'd think we were a sunday league team judging by the comments on here.

i still think that if we don't string a couple of performances together we are dead in the water.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:32, K1FOX said:

Not see us this season?

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Not see us this season?

I have actually. Compared to last season nowhere near as good but what were people expecting. We over achieved last year. It was a miracle. 

This season, we are a couple of points off mid table which taking last season out of the mind is perfectly acceptable. We have qualified for the champions league last 16 topping our group. All i'm saying is last season has majorly over inflated peoples expectations but realistically we are playing at our level and anybody who rules us out of the sevilla match has learnt nothing from last season.

Hi all,

First of all I am a Sevilla FC fan who has been reading through this thread for a few weeks now. Coming here to check what are the feelings on the other side now that the first tie is close to happen ;-) 

Can't say nothing bad about what I am reading here. You look a fantastic fan crowd so far. In fact I am very pleased about how much respect our team seems to have earnt (probably deserved too) in the past decade because we are being named as favourite in many places. We don't feel it that way though.

About our side... well in Spain in general most people were really happy to see you guys winning the Premier last year, demonstrating how courage and fighting can get you anywhere. I loved the Vardy is having a party thing.  Amazing achivement what you did last year. We are now running also for the title and know how hard it is to fight against colosus of football like Barca and Real Madrid. Back to the knockout phase between our teams, when the draw picked your team I was not happy. You were one of the teams I did not want because our team suffers against counter attacks and last year you were very impressive. True this year you're not performing the same but any night that can come back, I hope is not against us.

We are a very strong team at home and any team suffers to get points out of here and that's been true in the past years as the fans get mental and are passionat, putting a lot of pressure in the oponent team, referees and supporting our team. Those who come here will see is a fantastic ambient  and whatever the result of the game is I think you will get an amazing experience from here. Away our performance in the past years has been terrible but this year thanks to our great coach mentality we are taking it back and that's why we are second in La Liga. Something I don't like is we are now at the peek of our performance and Leicester seems to be on the bottom and that's normally dangerous. Anyways the general feeling is we need to try getting a great result on the first tie as we do want do something great in Champions League this season. Last two times in CL we did a poor performance due to lack of intensity in the game. I don't think this will happen again and will face the tie with full respect against the champion of the Premier.

About the city, amazing food, great tapas and driking very is quite cheap. Normally the stadium sorroundings are full of people (including myself) drinking and having fan prior the match. I recommend a tour for the city centre to get a feeling about what it can offer, especially if you are staying a few days.

How to get to the city. I guess a lot of people have figure it out already but hope this helps somebody. If you can't get a direct flight to Seville I strongly recommend Malaga. For British should not be an issue as plenty of airports have flights to Malaga. From there probably the best is hiring a car directly in the airport as it is just about 2 hours driving on a highway. There is also a direct connection from the airport to the main train station in Malaga where you could pick a train to Sevilla, but that depends a lot on the time tables so I still would go with the car hiring. Other options could be Jerez and Faro, which are really close too but from Portugal (Faro) you need to pay tolls on the highway.

I thank that's all I wanted to say. What a brick I wrote :P

Anyways, good luck and I hope the one who deserves wins!

5 minutes ago, azazel_iii said:

Hi all,

First of all I am a Sevilla FC fan who has been reading through this thread for a few weeks now. Coming here to check what are the feelings on the other side now that the first tie is close to happen ;-) 

Can't say nothing bad about what I am reading here. You look a fantastic fan crowd so far. In fact I am very pleased about how much respect our team seems to have earnt (probably deserved too) in the past decade because we are being named as favourite in many places. We don't feel it that way though.

About our side... well in Spain in general most people were really happy to see you guys winning the Premier last year, demonstrating how courage and fighting can get you anywhere. I loved the Vardy is having a party thing.  Amazing achivement what you did last year. We are now running also for the title and know how hard it is to fight against colosus of football like Barca and Real Madrid. Back to the knockout phase between our teams, when the draw picked your team I was not happy. You were one of the teams I did not want because our team suffers against counter attacks and last year you were very impressive. True this year you're not performing the same but any night that can come back, I hope is not against us.

We are a very strong team at home and any team suffers to get points out of here and that's been true in the past years as the fans get mental and are passionat, putting a lot of pressure in the oponent team, referees and supporting our team. Those who come here will see is a fantastic ambient  and whatever the result of the game is I think you will get an amazing experience from here. Away our performance in the past years has been terrible but this year thanks to our great coach mentality we are taking it back and that's why we are second in La Liga. Something I don't like is we are now at the peek of our performance and Leicester seems to be on the bottom and that's normally dangerous. Anyways the general feeling is we need to try getting a great result on the first tie as we do want do something great in Champions League this season. Last two times in CL we did a poor performance due to lack of intensity in the game. I don't think this will happen again and will face the tie with full respect against the champion of the Premier.

About the city, amazing food, great tapas and driking very is quite cheap. Normally the stadium sorroundings are full of people (including myself) drinking and having fan prior the match. I recommend a tour for the city centre to get a feeling about what it can offer, especially if you are staying a few days.

How to get to the city. I guess a lot of people have figure it out already but hope this helps somebody. If you can't get a direct flight to Seville I strongly recommend Malaga. For British should not be an issue as plenty of airports have flights to Malaga. From there probably the best is hiring a car directly in the airport as it is just about 2 hours driving on a highway. There is also a direct connection from the airport to the main train station in Malaga where you could pick a train to Sevilla, but that depends a lot on the time tables so I still would go with the car hiring. Other options could be Jerez and Faro, which are really close too but from Portugal (Faro) you need to pay tolls on the highway.

Thanks for the info- really looking forward to visiting your city! 

As for the football, you are excellent at home and we are dreadful away. It should be a routine win for you guys. I'm just hoping we can find some of the form we showed last season and keep it close so it isn't already over by the second leg! 

i'm reliably told by a good friend who worked there, that Sevilla is one of the most intimidating grounds in Spain for visiting teams.

It's also supposed to be the warmest city in Spain so even in February the game could be quite demanding if we're under the pressure I expect. These lads can play and their fans make an art form of pressurising referees.

We'll need the sort of performance that saw us beat Spurs away in the Premiership last season. Quick, keen defending, fast counter-attacking, ruthless finishing of the half chance and no silly mistakes.     

I know that's like asking for all the presents round a Christmas tree but much less and we'll get a walloping. 

Still the time shouldn't be wasted.

The fish and paella are to die for, so I'm told,  and the cafe atmosphere just perfect for soaking up such splendid surroundings! :)

On 23/01/2017 at 10:51, azazel_iii said:

Hi all,

We have sold out our tickets so what are the chances of buying tickets in the Seville end ?

Archived