Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

13 minutes ago, DaveSFC said:

I slept so well last night.. you can't imagine how fulfilling it is to beat Madrid and Barcelona, and how frustrating it is to play against them.. 

Answering some of your questions, I think we will not be complacent at all, Sevilla fans in general are weary of the tie against you, we remember how Fenerbace and CSKA Moskow beat us at this same stage some years ago albeit being "easy" opponents compared to other teams. Yes a lot of Sevilla fans were happy to draw you but only because we avoided teams that seemed stronger on paper. I followed your entire PL run last season and personally I would have preferred Monaco or Napoli! 

Yeah....if we were in the same form as last season you might have a reason to worry. 

We have managed at times to play ok in the Champions League and we've certainly got some great results but even in that competition the performances have been nowhere near as good as a lot last season especially at home. 

13 minutes ago, DaveSFC said:

I slept so well last night.. you can't imagine how fulfilling it is to beat Madrid and Barcelona, and how frustrating it is to play against them.. 

Answering some of your questions, I think we will not be complacent at all, Sevilla fans in general are weary of the tie against you, we remember how Fenerbace and CSKA Moskow beat us at this same stage some years ago albeit being "easy" opponents compared to other teams. Yes a lot of Sevilla fans were happy to draw you but only because we avoided teams that seemed stronger on paper. I followed your entire PL run last season and personally I would have preferred Monaco or Napoli! 

We are terrible. Our only saving grace is we've only lost 3 home games in 18 months so maybe our home form might carry us a little bit. 

You will 100% go through.  I just hope we exit the CL without embarrassment. 

14 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Well at least as fans we can thoroughly accept our status as massive underdogs.

Historically, that is when we are at our best as fans.

Atmosphere for Seville was odd last night. At times it sounded simply immense but at other almost the same corporate day out we have at a big club in the PL.

One thing that has bugged me a little during our bad run, both home and away, is the fact that we haven't at any point played for a draw (perhaps boro but i really don't think that was intentional!!)

Why not just stick 6 in defence like Pulis has done for WBA in a few games against top opponents this season... try and somehow get a 0-0 and go for them at Home. 

Same goes for when we play current top 6 Prem Sides... we're clearly in a fight so why don't we start playing for points rather than just wins. There seems like no in between for me currently, which is surprising given we have an italian in charge! 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

We are terrible. Our only saving grace is we've only lost 3 home games in 18 months so maybe our home form might carry us a little bit. 

You will 100% go through.  I just hope we exit the CL without embarrassment. 

Sorry for being negative here but  I'm looking at it that we've lost 3 home games Already this season! 

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

One thing that has bugged me a little during our bad run, both home and away, is the fact that we haven't at any point played for a draw (perhaps boro but i really don't think that was intentional!!)

Why not just stick 6 in defence like Pulis has done for WBA in a few games against top opponents this season... try and somehow get a 0-0 and go for them at Home. 

Same goes for when we play current top 6 Prem Sides... we're clearly in a fight so why don't we start playing for points rather than just wins. There seems like no in between for me currently, which is surprising given we have an italian in charge! 

0-0 away from home in Champions League knockout rounds is not a good result, we need to score in Seville to stand any chance for me. Get away with a 3-1 at worse and we're still in it just about.

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

0-0 away from home in Champions League knockout rounds is not a good result, we need to score in Seville to stand any chance for me. Get away with a 3-1 at worse and we're still in it just about.

I get your point. But I'd imagine the majority on here would celebrate it.... for me the Spurs away game last season is how we need to approach Sevilla 

the first half was terrible,ronaldo should have put the game to bed twice,they scored an 85th minute own goal and grap the winner in injury time,who actually watched the game and who is just looking at the result and saying oh look they beat real madrid, they were good for the last 7 minutes ,but thinking about it that would probably be enough against us at the moment

21 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Copenhagen away we did

and I could argue we set up for a draw sat night

2 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

the first half was terrible,ronaldo should have put the game to bed twice,they scored an 85th minute own goal and grap the winner in injury time,who actually watched the game and who is just looking at the result and saying oh look they beat real madrid, they were good for the last 7 minutes ,but thinking about it that would probably be enough against us at the moment

they pressed Madrid high up the pitch and were more than a match for them first 45.

second half Madrid went up a notch and deserved to be in front. then either they took their foot off the gas or sevilla showed what they are capable of. I cant tell you which is the case.

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think you're over emphasising the importance of away goals here. A 0-0 draw would be a better first result than a 3-1 defeat. In the first case we'd need to win by one goal in the second leg or hold onto another 0-0 to get to ET, in the second case we'd need to win by two.

You are right to mention them though. Any result would be much improved from our perspective if both teams were given an extra goal.

complacency will be their only weakness and hopefully they will underestimate us and we can use that to our advantage by surprising them. we need to use the surprise factor and press them all over the pitch and make it a battle. they have just beaten Madrid and will look at our league position and think we are cannon fodder. we need the spirit and determination that saved us from relegation and won us the Premier league. 

1 hour ago, lcfc old boy said:

I have said all along Seville are no easy draw. Forget them stopping Real's run, they are second in the Spanish league behind only Real and in front of Atletico and Barcelona. That proves what a strong team they are. If this tie is played 100 times, we may win 5, based on current form. Let's hope the CL miracle continues...

We must go to Sevilla and not concede a hatful.

At home...in front of a packed KP, the tv cameras and a vociferous crowd, I genuinely don't think any side in the CL will have an easy night. As long as we are 'up for it'. If we play like we did v Chelsea, I can see an aggregate score of Sevilla +4/5 goals.

Archived