Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

Basically we are gonna have to play as well as we have for a year in the first 45 minutes. 

They are liable to leaving the defence exposed. There were a few moments yesterday where they literally had one defender and 40 yards of space behind him. So if you can frustrate them and try to make them chase it a bit, they will be open to the counter.

As for N'Zonzi, I personally think he looks much better player as a result that no one in spain can match him physically. If he came back to England, he'd have some off days again. 

6 hours ago, maddog said:

I don't think Sevilla will be as up for the game against us as they were tonight busting a gut to end galatico Real Madrid's unbeaten run and keep themselves in the hunt for La Liga title for the first time in 70 odd years. They'll underestimate us and hopefully be massively complacent.

Their league campaign could be a greater distraction as they're in contention to actually win it. We've already been there and done that here.

The question is can we be good enough to get a result against a complacent Sevilla or will they still be way too good for us even in second gear.

(Please be complacent and lacklustre against the Foxes)

Allez les bleus!

Expecting Sevilla to be complacent is one of the biggest mistake one could ever make. Having  a real chance to go to the quarter finals for the first time since 58 and let it go? No way.

We are going to get beat, comfortably so the sooner people accept this the more you can enjoy the trip and the occassion.

I'm almost glad I won't get a match ticket, as the build up will probably be the best bit about the day.

Our only hope is we catch them on the break, but that will mean us finding some sort of creativity from somewhere. We will almost certainly get someone sent off in the away leg too.

Sevilla are a fantastic team with some great players like Nzonzi who we wanted, they've just smashed Real Madrids unbeaten run. does anyone realistically give us a chance. we should just enjoy the two legs and use it to get experience. yes we should do our best and try to win but make no mistake Sevilla are the much better team and we just need to look at not being totally destroyed and humiliated

I think their major weakness is their defense. Their central defenders are slow as well. Real Madrid front two didn't show pace and the 3-5-2 system that Zidane played with backfired. Vardy's pace comes to mind. I think we stand a chance if we can frustrate them during the first 20 mins.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If we had started Saturday 4 points behind Chelsea then I doubt you would have seen such a lacklustre display 

Strange post, what does that prove?

We didn't because we are awful this season and Sevilla are 1 point off the top in La Liga. We are massive underdogs for the tie and suggesting we would have given them more of a game if we had been closer in the league is stating the obvious.

13 minutes ago, MattCan said:

I think their major weakness is their defense. Their central defenders are slow as well. Real Madrid front two didn't show pace and the 3-5-2 system that Zidane played with backfired. Vardy's pace comes to mind. I think we stand a chance if we can frustrate them during the first 20 mins.

No point having Vardy's pace if he has no service. He can run round their defence all night but without anything coming from midfield, he won't have the ball.

The only good thing is that we still have 5 weeks to sort ourselves out a bit. Play some positive football, be more confident in possession, become the side who was lethal on counter attacks. We have been toothless this season (except the Man City game).

I don't mind losing, what I do mind is knowing that we didn't give everything and thinking about what could have been.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Strange post, what does that prove?

We didn't because we are awful this season and Sevilla are 1 point off the top in La Liga. We are massive underdogs for the tie and suggesting we would have given them more of a game if we had been closer in the league is stating the obvious.

Col was comparing the intensity of the two performances 

i was speaking about the mental approach to the game 

we didn't look like we were overly bothered to be losing and trying like crazy to avoid going two down. 

Sevilla were bound to be at it last night given their situation. 

Thats all

I slept so well last night.. you can't imagine how fulfilling it is to beat Madrid and Barcelona, and how frustrating it is to play against them.. 

Answering some of your questions, I think we will not be complacent at all, Sevilla fans in general are weary of the tie against you, we remember how Fenerbace and CSKA Moskow beat us at this same stage some years ago albeit being "easy" opponents compared to other teams. Yes a lot of Sevilla fans were happy to draw you but only because we avoided teams that seemed stronger on paper. I followed your entire PL run last season and personally I would have preferred Monaco or Napoli! 

7 minutes ago, DaveSFC said:

I slept so well last night.. you can't imagine how fulfilling it is to beat Madrid and Barcelona, and how frustrating it is to play against them.. 

Answering some of your questions, I think we will not be complacent at all, Sevilla fans in general are weary of the tie against you, we remember how Fenerbace and CSKA Moskow beat us at this same stage some years ago albeit being "easy" opponents compared to other teams. Yes a lot of Sevilla fans were happy to draw you but only because we avoided teams that seemed stronger on paper. I followed your entire PL run last season and personally I would have preferred Monaco or Napoli! 

Don't worry, it's like last season never happened.

Archived