Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

What a season he's having! Shakey said if they're good enough then they're fast-tracked. It'll be interesting to see if what Barnes does pre-season will lead to a place in the first team squad next season or if he's off on loan to the Championship instead.

I remember someone on here saying that he won't be going on loan and will be in and around the first team. Amazing really considering before last season I had never heard of him.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2017 at 03:56, davieG said:

Harvey has desire and real hunger

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: May 25, 2017

By Rob Tanner

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/Article/images/30352565/16016660-large.jpg

Leicester City's Harvey Barnes during his spell at MK Dons

Harvey Barnes is coming of age as a Leicester City player, manager Craig Shakespeare believes.

The academy graduate was handed his first-team debut in the Champions League as a substitute in Porto after impressing in the Development Squad.

But it was his loan spell with League One side MK Dons that has enabled the 19-year-old from Countesthorpe to blossom.

Under the guidance of former City full-back Robbie Neilson, Barnes made a huge impact at Stadium:MK as an attacking midfielder, playing in numerous positions across the front line.

He scored six goals in 21 appearances and was named the Dons' young player of the season, as well as being City's Development Squad player of the season.

Thats bang on, that is. Being named player of the season for two different teams in the same season!

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

http://festival-foot-espoirs.com/news_detail_festival_foot_uk.php?news_id=1654

Left in a front three it looks like.

Tbf the opponent have 10 men and look worse than League One standard lol

Not sure where he'll fit in.

The youngster, while primarily a central midfielder, has enjoyed much of his success out on the wing under former City defender Neilson.

"I've roomed with Harvey a few times, and we've spoken a lot about how he came here as an attacking midfielder, and hadn't really played out wide," said right-back Baldock.

"But he's phenomenal isn't he – he can play anywhere in the front line. He can change a game in an instant.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/mk-dons-boss-robbie-neilson-to-tell-leicester-city-that-on-loan-harvey-barnes-has-been-terrible/story-30306688-detail/story.html

Either he takes Drinky's role, plays on the wing, or we have a front three but in a front three you'd assume Vardy would take the left front.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Not sure where he'll fit in.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/mk-dons-boss-robbie-neilson-to-tell-leicester-city-that-on-loan-harvey-barnes-has-been-terrible/story-30306688-detail/story.html

Either he takes Drinky's role, plays on the wing, or we have a front three but in a front three you'd assume Vardy would take the left front.

I'm not sure Barnes and Ndidi as our midfield two is the greatest idea. I reckon he'll be competing with Gray for LW, once Albrighton moves to RW.

Just now, brucey said:

I'm not sure Barnes and Ndidi as our midfield two is the greatest idea. I reckon he'll be competing with Gray for LW, once Albrighton moves to RW.

He right footed apparently too...