Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'd put money on him making an appearance or two for us over the rest of the season. Glad his loan move worked out for him!

Might be worth sending Kaputska and even Amartey out next season, it can really help young players develop.

Players don't tend to come back for the remainder of a season if the league they were on loan to finishes earlier than their parent clubs league, so I don't think you'd find many who wouldn't take that bet from you...

It'd just be nice to see another one of own academy players breakthrough to the first-team in the future.

I know its had its criticisms in the past over the way it's been managed etc, but I feel there's a few in the development squad that could be strong future local talents within the first-team if they're managed both effectively and sensibly.

And Barnes seems like one that could progress continuously if he climbs the ladder to higher clubs etc and proves his worth at those clubs.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, MPH said:

League one regular straight into prem regular is a bit of a stretch...

Dele Alli.

Although he wasn't an immediate regular. Came on as a sub and scored against us in the 2nd game of the 15/16 season, and never looked back since.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

Dele Alli?  Going further back, Kevin Keegan, Ian Rush? 

45 minutes ago, Koke said:

Dele Alli.

Although he wasn't an immediate regular. Came on as a sub and scored against us in the 2nd game of the 15/16 season, and never looked back since.

You you guys really think he is as good as Dele Ali? If so he'd be in our first team already..

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, MPH said:

League one regular straight into prem regular is a bit of a stretch...

Imagine a player playing non-league then into the championship and then the premier league and even playing for England.

Nah...never happen.

• Like 4

I see what Tottenham, Everton and Southampton are doing in terms of bringing through promising young English talent and I'd love it if we followed suit. There's something very gratifying about the thought of us doing our bit for English football as well as trying to develop a young and exciting team. Would love to see him in and around the team. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, murphy said:

Imagine a player playing non-league then into the championship and then the premier league and even playing for England.

Nah...never happen.

Big difference between the champ and the prem, pal!

59 minutes ago, MPH said:

You you guys really think he is as good as Dele Ali? If so he'd be in our first team already..

Funnily enough the only fans I've read who've said that are MK Dons fans. Some of them think he's every bit as good as Alli was for them which is outrageous given how many goals Alli scored for them. Hope we utilize his talent.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Funnily enough the only fans I've read who've said that are MK Dons fans. Some of them think he's every bit as good as Alli was for them which is outrageous given how many goals Alli scored for them. Hope we utilize his talent.

Dont get get me wrong, I want him to succeed, I just don't think he's ready to be a regular starter for us.  He probably won't even get 15 games for us next season.. if we were to retain anyone one of our loanees for the first team squad next season I'd imagine it would be Lawrence who has played particularly well but in a higher division and plays in similar positions to what Harvey has been utilized at MK..

11 hours ago, MPH said:

Dont get get me wrong, I want him to succeed, I just don't think he's ready to be a regular starter for us.  He probably won't even get 15 games for us next season.. if we were to retain anyone one of our loanees for the first team squad next season I'd imagine it would be Lawrence who has played particularly well but in a higher division and plays in similar positions to what Harvey has been utilized at MK..

It depends how the club see his development, not all players need 50-100 games on loan before they are ready. We might be happy to now start to give him chances in the cup next season and a few league games like Chilwell. It's hard to know if that sort of management stunts them more than full seasons at a lower level. Let's be honest we can't afford to loan out all of our good young players as we need them in the squad. 

We do seem to have a fair few options in attacking midfield as it stands though. Lawrence, Barnes, Kapustka all competing with Mahrez, Gray and our other more defensive wingers. Interesting pre-season to come.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It depends how the club see his development, not all players need 50-100 games on loan before they are ready. We might be happy to now start to give him chances in the cup next season and a few league games like Chilwell. It's hard to know if that sort of management stunts them more than full seasons at a lower level. Let's be honest we can't afford to loan out all of our good young players as we need them in the squad. 

We do seem to have a fair few options in attacking midfield as it stands though. Lawrence, Barnes, Kapustka all competing with Mahrez, Gray and our other more defensive wingers. Interesting pre-season to come.

Think this pre season will be massive for us 

All the young wingers are either going to be working their socks off to try to get into the managers plans or risk being shipped out 

According to this, Barnes has "signed off" from MK Dons. If he is back at LCFC, I don't see how he would be forbidden to play for us: His loan is over, and he is under 21 and registered to the club.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/loan-round-up-barnes-signs-off-with-a-goal-at-mk-dons-3700809.aspx