Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

2 hours ago, MKinPeace said:

Harvey was named in the EFL Team of the Week today - that includes all of the EFL leagues including the Championship (although for some reason they've put him as a lone striker, which is bizarre).

As an MK supporter, I would say that he isn't quite at Alli's level in terms of when he played for us, but then again I doubt anyone ever will be again - with Alli we practically had a ready made Premier League player playing for us for a couple of seasons. Alli was a freak of nature in how good he was at his age and our level.

But Harvey is very, very good. He makes league one defenders look like non-league players. He was superb when he started with us earlier in the year, but even I can see an improvement in his time with us - his long range passing/long balls have been better in the last few games compared to when he started, and that was his only weakness, hence why I think our manager is right in saying a full season with us on loan would benefit him if he's getting 40-45 games with us.

You have a really talented player in Harvey Barnes. We've had lots of good loanees over the last few seasons but Harvey is technically better than all of them for his age. If I could compare him to any current Prem player, it would probably been Son for Tottenham in his style of play and position. 

I'll stop arse licking now, you get the point.

Thanks for this. Really good to get detailed feedback from fans of the clubs our loanees go out to.

Loving the Son comparison. So he's been played as an attacking midfielder I take it then? Wide and central from what others have said.

48 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Thanks for this. Really good to get detailed feedback from fans of the clubs our loanees go out to.

Loving the Son comparison. So he's been played as an attacking midfielder I take it then? Wide and central from what others have said.

He seems comfortable in any attacking midfield role, or on either side of a front 3. He's been allowed a fair amount of freedom to roam during games, but typically he's left sided, taking on full backs and cutting in.

Looks like he's said his goodbyes today and unlikely we'll see him again next season, if that's the case then all the best to him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

Was back training with us today so I may have been wrong about the on loan until the very end of the season thing. 

MK Dons season is over, that's why he's back. Always worked like that. In fact I think you have to get permission from the league or FA to keep a player for the play offs because the loan deals finish after the last league game.

Just now, Callabinho said:

If possible I'd like both him and Lawrence to get a game! 

Lawrence can't as he isn't registered in our 25 man squad, Barnes likely can because he's an academy player and they don't have to be registered. Still need confirmation though due to him going out on loan until the end of the season, whatever that means.

20 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

He Is available and able to play if selected. 

Guarantee we see him before the end of the season. He'll probably be used to try and keep the U23 up but I think he'll at least play a part against Bournemouth.

Just now, Koke said:

Lawrence and Barnes winning awards at their loan clubs + James getting excellent reviews. 

Maybe some of our solutions are closer go home. I hope they're part of our plans next season.

Midfield could be well stocked next season, odd to think when we were forced to play King and Amartey in the first half of the season.

Drinkwater

Ndidi

James

King

Barnes

Amartey

Mendy

Surely 1 or 2 midfielders are going to be sold in the summer?

Not sure Barnes is ready for the Prem just yet, still needs a season or two of developing in the Championship IMO judging by MK fans comments.

Not massively convinced about Lawrence, he's got a year left on his contract so we either sell him now while his stock is high, or offer him a new long term contract which he most likely will refuse to sign. Not sure he's quite good enough for the Prem either, what's his overall game contribution like if you take away the long range screamers?

On 01/05/2017 at 14:47, MKinPeace said:

Harvey was named in the EFL Team of the Week today - that includes all of the EFL leagues including the Championship (although for some reason they've put him as a lone striker, which is bizarre).

As an MK supporter, I would say that he isn't quite at Alli's level in terms of when he played for us, but then again I doubt anyone ever will be again - with Alli we practically had a ready made Premier League player playing for us for a couple of seasons. Alli was a freak of nature in how good he was at his age and our level.

But Harvey is very, very good. He makes league one defenders look like non-league players. He was superb when he started with us earlier in the year, but even I can see an improvement in his time with us - his long range passing/long balls have been better in the last few games compared to when he started, and that was his only weakness, hence why I think our manager is right in saying a full season with us on loan would benefit him if he's getting 40-45 games with us.

You have a really talented player in Harvey Barnes. We've had lots of good loanees over the last few seasons but Harvey is technically better than all of them for his age. If I could compare him to any current Prem player, it would probably been Son for Tottenham in his style of play and position. 

I'll stop arse licking now, you get the point.

Really like Son as a player so great to hear Barnes compared to him as a similar type of player.

I know it's only half a season but he seema like a really encouraging prospect.

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Not sure Barnes is ready for the Prem just yet, still needs a season or two of developing in the Championship IMO judging by MK fans comments.

Not massively convinced about Lawrence, he's got a year left on his contract so we either sell him now while his stock is high, or offer him a new long term contract which he most likely will refuse to sign. Not sure he's quite good enough for the Prem either, what's his overall game contribution like if you take away the long range screamers?

Why will he most likely refuse to sign then?

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

Why will he most likely refuse to sign then?

I feel unless we assure him of a role in the squad and game time in a premier league team, he'd go else where given that we've hardly treated him well in his time here  being loaned out all the time 

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Agree and there's no point rushing him 

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I feel unless we assure him of a role in the squad and game time in a premier league team, he'd go else where given that we've hardly treated him well in his time here  being loaned out all the time 

Not sure if you remember but we won the Premier League last season! He probably didn't manage to find his way into the first team last season or the season before because he wasn't ready. I imagine that he has now matured and improved by being out on loan playing week in week out in the Championship. That doesn't equate to us not treating him well as his loan(s) will have helped him develop as a player.

If he returns to us and proves himself to be good enough and ready for the Premier League then hopefully he will be integrated as part of the first team squad and we might see him impressing in a Leicester shirt.

BTW - I'm talking about about Lawrence here rather than Barnes.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
Clarity

We have promising young players in almost every position. 

Lawrence

Gray               Barnes           Kapustka

Ndidi    ?

Chilwell    ?           Amartey  ?

I'm only including players who have had an appearance for the first team.