Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wonder if shakey is considering him for the CAM role if we revert to 3-5-2 when chasing the game. He certainly sees to float around and put in a decent little through ball. Also clearly knows where the goal is. 

3-5-2 makes sense, means we can play Slimani and Vardy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

3-5-2 makes sense, means we can play Slimani and Vardy. 

If we can recruit a ball playing centre half then it's the future, especially without riyad - enables us to suffocate teams high up the pitch - did it against atletico and Spurs second half until we changed to the 1-1-8 formation ! 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we can recruit a ball playing centre half then it's the future, especially without riyad - enables us to suffocate teams high up the pitch - did it against atletico and Spurs second half until we changed to the 1-1-8 formation ! 

If we want to go 3 at the back we need 3 new Centre backs. 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Two would be enough. There is an argument that only one of the three needs to be able to bring the value out into midfield. 

The outside two need to be comfortable defending in wide areas. That rules out Huth and Morgan. Yohan maybe? But im not sure he's good enough. Also, the middle one needs to be relatively good on the ball. Usually the wide two maybe comfortable bringing the ball into midfield also. 

6 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

The outside two need to be comfortable defending in wide areas. That rules out Huth and Morgan. Yohan maybe? But im not sure he's good enough. Also, the middle one needs to be relatively good on the ball. Usually the wide two maybe comfortable bringing the ball into midfield also. 

We aren't buying three centre backs

we can find a good three from what we have with one addition but two would be better

4 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

So out of Huth, Morgan and Yohan who starts and where?

You're assuming neither Simpson or fuchs would be chosen to play ether side ............

i would choose huth centrally in any case as he organises best and is excellent in the air. The other two will have to cover his lack of pace.  if we buy a left footed CH then he plays on the left. Otherwise I would play fuchs there with the new right footed player I/o Simmo. 

If we somehow buy two decent CH then likely they both play either side of huth. 

Obviously the new CH has to be able to bring the ball out. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You're assuming neither Simpson or fuchs would be chosen to play ether side ............

i would choose huth centrally in any case as he organises best and is excellent in the air. The other two will have to cover his lack of pace.  if we buy a left footed CH then he plays on the left. Otherwise I would play fuchs there with the new right footed player I/o Simmo. 

If we somehow buy two decent CH then likely they both play either side of huth. 

Obviously the new CH has to be able to bring the ball out. 

fuchs maybe, wouldn't have simmo in a back 3. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Either he takes Drinky's role, plays on the wing, or we have a front three but in a front three you'd assume Vardy would take the left front.

He won't fit in most probably, he's scored a few goals in league one and against Cuba under 20's.

I think people need to calm down a little bit.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, foxes21 said:

We are pretty stacked at LW. Gray & Lawrence both prefer that position.

Perhaps we can use Barnes at CAM behind Vardy in the 4-4-1-1?

3-4-1-2 seems to be one way forward at the moment, given our squad makeup *at present*

Can everyone please slow down a bit.... He had a great season IN LEAGUE ONE.  couple of tidy goals last night, granted but please don't pin all your hopes on him.. Developing players don't need that kind of pressure.... I douibt very much he's going to fire us into the champions league places and be a regular starter. yet.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Riot Van said:

We have 3 future england players here.  Can we please please please develop them and not sign some guys from over sea's.

I do agree with you that we need to develop him... but you have to ask what our target is this season? Is he ready to play a full season and get us into the champions league? Can he replace Mahrez?

I actually think it could help him to develop if somoene was brought in to take the pressure of him and give him the time and space to develop.... It would be great if he could get 10-15 starts this season and a few more sub appearances, i just dont think he's ready to carry the weight of our expectations.... And if he has a few bad games? sopme of our fans would be on to him like  a pack of Wolves... There's a section of every clubs fanbase that is very unforgiving..

• Like 1

I would expect us to adopt a similar approach as we have with Chilwell which has worked out well. He's beginning to look every bit a Premiership player now.

I expect Barnes to get more game time this year as he improves his physic to the rigors of the premiership.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxes21 said:

We are pretty stacked at LW. Gray & Lawrence both prefer that position.

Perhaps we can use Barnes at CAM behind Vardy in the 4-4-1-1?

I'm not for a second saying he's at the same level.... but Spurs quite happily sacked off some very expensive signings to make room for Dele Ali... if he's better than Gray and Lawrence, he will play there. 

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

He won't fit in most probably, he's scored a few goals in league one and against Cuba under 20's.

Are you saying that eyeing the 100 million we've received this year and wondering how well we could use that to build a team around Barnes is jumping the gun?

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Can play anywhere in midfield, he's exactly the sort of player that will fit in here. I'm intrigued by his progress. It's very much strike whilst the iron is hot and I hope we don't hold him back.

How will we know if he's not good enough immediately, he's clearly talented and the worst thing that can happen is we play him and he doesn't do well - I'd rather him start a few games and at least see. I'm not normally one to get overly excited about academy players but Barnes' is looking like the real deal.

• Like 2