Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

Just now, Melbourne Fuchs said:

We have promising young players in almost every position. 

Lawrence

Gray               Barnes           Kapustka

Ndidi    ?

Chilwell    ?           Amartey  ?

I'm only including players who have had an appearance for the first team.

I don't think Amartey is good enough at all. Kapustka needs a loan aswell. Lawrence (?) not sure how good he is. 

7 minutes ago, MKinPeace said:

Told you all ;)

Unfortunately for us means pretty much zero chance of him coming back on loan to us. But very proud that he played for MK.

We are a brilliant club to send promising young players to and get the best from them (Adobe, Grigg, Lewis Baker, Patrick Bamford) and our academy is decent for L1 (Alli, Sheyi Ojo, Brendan Galloway, Sam Baldock, Danso etc all playing/played in the Prem or Bundesliga).

Hope he smashes it next season.

Ben Chilwell is also from MIlton Keynes isn't he?

My impression from the admittedly limited amounts of seen of all those players is that Gray and Ndidi are the nailed on Premier League players. Chilwell is probably going to be good enough, I suspect Amartey will go abroad. Barnes, maybe. Kapustka will go abroad and I think Lawrence has found his level; he'll bounce up and down between the leagues like the likes of Hoolahan, Dorrans, Koumas do/did.

EDIT: This was in response to Melbourne Fuch post, I'd left the browser open.

Edited by Bryn

13 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Do you reckon Barnes is better than Lawrence despite the face Lawrence has been playing in a higher division?

I'm much more excited about Barnes than I am about Lawrence, but I can't explain why.

Edited by Melbourne Fuchs

Can't wait to see what he can do in the first team- he should be getting game time as a sub for these home games coming up. Hopefully we keep up our form and can afford to bring him on with the team a couple of goals up, relaxed and playing attacking football.

Ndidi, Gray, Chilwell, Amartey, Kaputska and now Barnes- the future is starting to look very bright.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

I'm much more excited about Barnes than I am about Lawrence, but I can't explain why.

Probably because he's younger.

Don't worry, if he stays at the club next season, that excitement will be taken away when he spends the season in the u23s and getting the odd 5 minutes here and there. We seem to be the kings of stagnating promising young careers since we got promoted haha.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Rest Drinkwater and give him a good opportunity.

Might shake things up a bit interestingly if he rises to the occasion.

Barnes isn't in the first team training pics but then he did have a game at a similar time.

Do you get on the first team's bench after not training with them? I doubt we'll see him, hopefully though.

On 04/05/2017 at 21:07, AmarteyAndChill said:

Ben Chilwell is also from MIlton Keynes isn't he?

Well he was born there, but he wasn't at the club. I'm not sure MKDons can take credit for someone happening to be born there 8 years prior to the club moving in. 

Jeff Schlupp grew up in Milton Keynes by the way :D 

• Like 1