Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

On 05/05/2017 at 05:59, MKinPeace said:

Told you all ;)

Unfortunately for us means pretty much zero chance of him coming back on loan to us. But very proud that he played for MK.

We are a brilliant club to send promising young players to and get the best from them (Adobe, Grigg, Lewis Baker, Patrick Bamford) and our academy is decent for L1 (Alli, Sheyi Ojo, Brendan Galloway, Sam Baldock, Danso etc all playing/played in the Prem or Bundesliga).

Hope he smashes it next season.

Interestingly, Of Wimbledon never moved to MK, all of those players could potentially have ended up in our academy.

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Barnes- from our academy- scores a few goals and does well in league one, scores for our u23's= everyone raves about him, best thing since sliced bread

Lawrence-not from our academy- rips up the championship scoring more goals, including some crackers, in a pretty dire Ipswich side= not good enough at all

Yes I know Lawrence has played for us a little more and is older but the comments on here are bizarre lol

I think Lawrence may have a future with us, especially as Mahrez may go.

On 04/05/2017 at 22:12, Bryn said:

My impression from the admittedly limited amounts of seen of all those players is that Gray and Ndidi are the nailed on Premier League players. Chilwell is probably going to be good enough, I suspect Amartey will go abroad. Barnes, maybe. Kapustka will go abroad and I think Lawrence has found his level; he'll bounce up and down between the leagues like the likes of Hoolahan, Dorrans, Koumas do/did.

EDIT: This was in response to Melbourne Fuch post, I'd left the browser open.

Gray is promising but not yet "nailed on" as a Premier League regular. As ever, it is up to individuals to take their chances when they come along. Gray has had some wonderful moments but needs to have a more consistent impact yet  

Looks like that guy has some great talent and hopefully will break into the side ,always liked Tom Lawrence too but he seems to have fallen by the way side even tho he's doing well for Ipswich thought he would have been given a break into our first team this season !

1 hour ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Sexy Football. That ball from Gray was Marc Albrighton esque. Fitting that he finished it!

Think you might be on the wrong thread. But are you the same name on Reddit? Seeing a bunch of people getting upset at you lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Harvey has desire and real hunger

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: May 25, 2017

By Rob Tanner

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/Article/images/30352565/16016660-large.jpg

Leicester City's Harvey Barnes during his spell at MK Dons

Harvey Barnes is coming of age as a Leicester City player, manager Craig Shakespeare believes.

The academy graduate was handed his first-team debut in the Champions League as a substitute in Porto after impressing in the Development Squad.

But it was his loan spell with League One side MK Dons that has enabled the 19-year-old from Countesthorpe to blossom.

Under the guidance of former City full-back Robbie Neilson, Barnes made a huge impact at Stadium:MK as an attacking midfielder, playing in numerous positions across the front line.

He scored six goals in 21 appearances and was named the Dons' young player of the season, as well as being City's Development Squad player of the season.

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/binaries/Barnes Harvey.jpg

Harvey Barnes on his debut for Leicester City in Porto in the Champions League

He was called into the England under-20 squad for the Toulon Tournament later this month.

Shakespeare said he saw a huge difference in the former Greenfield Primary School pupil, who is the son of former Burnley and Birmingham striker Paul Barnes and joined City's academy at the age of nine.

"Without putting too much pressure on him, I have seen a resurgence in his ability and demeanour since he came back from MK Dons," said Shakespeare.

"It has benefited him. It would have been a great if once their season is finished, we could have included him in our final games, but we couldn't.

"It is great recognition for him and the club that he has the call-up for England. The future, who knows?

"I think he has a very good head. We have had a great conversation. We talked about his best position and where I see him playing, where he needs to improve, where he sees his weaknesses.

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/binaries/Barnes2.jpg

Harvey Barnes playing for MK Dons against Oldham during his loam spell

"Speaking to him, I felt a real hunger and desire to succeed at this club.

"It is pleasing to know but for him it is a challenge because he needs to take the place of good players already at the club."

There is nothing more exciting for fans than to see a local boy come through the ranks.

Liam Moore, from Loughborough, trod the path from the academy to the first-team and Coalville's Elliott Moore, who will join Barnes in the England squad, was called on to the bench for the defeat to Tottenham.

Shakespeare said he challenges young players to push for a first-team squad place and not just think they are a a Development Squad player.

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/binaries/Awards3yx.jpg

Harvey Barnes with his award as Development Squad player of the season

The City boss said he would have no qualms in putting a teenager into his squad if he felt he was good enough, as his disappointment at not being able to use Barnes at the end of the season demonstrated.

"You can buy potential, whether it is from non-league, but as soon as the player comes in the first thing I will say to them, whether they are training with the under-23s or the first-team, is that the idea is to be in the first-team," he said.

"If you come in and think you are part of the under-23s then aim higher. I want all our under-23s to want to train with the first-team.

"If the player is 18 and he is better than someone aged 21 in the first-team and I see more potential, he is fast-tracked. That has to be the way."

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/harvey-has-desire-and-real-hunger/story-30352565-detail/story.html#S0jQ6WKHd5SbgWpT.99

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Opened the scoring, 1-0

What a season he's having! Shakey said if they're good enough then they're fast-tracked. It'll be interesting to see if what Barnes does pre-season will lead to a place in the first team squad next season or if he's off on loan to the Championship instead.

• Like 1