Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Coffee Wxxkers

People who go to work carrying their own home made stuff in their own little cup I find odd. Can you not actually get from home to work without the need of a coffee? Could you not have one either end of the journey? It's entirely about trying to look a certain way "oh look at me with my soy milk laté, in my own special cup".

Feck off.... you look like Dwayne Dibbly.

mBxU_ziDzI7hKE7u8wU25WQ.jpg

cat5.jpg

2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Ooh I need a coffee. Ooh I need a caffeine fix. Ooh have you tried the caramel latte in Starbucks.

What is it with everyone becoming a coffee wxxker?

Especially men. Men who go all gooey over a coffee and turn into girls and talk how lovely these coffee shops are and how much they look forward to go and errr, buy a cup of coffee. 

These big companies have created great marketing campaigns to get people to buy something really cheap for a lot of money and think they are doing something really special.

You have been totally sucked in, your buying a cup of coffee ffs. 

Coffee wxxkers the lot of you. 

The instagram generation for you, taking 700 pictures of coffee a year. The same people who take pictures of the handbag they can't afford, or the steering wheel of their fancy car which they are so far up to their necks in debt on they can only have 5 starbucks a week instead of 25.

It's all about portraying a certain look or lifestyle (that 99% of them can't actually afford). This coffee shit is all part of it.

This could have been put in the "what grinds  my gears" or even "whats the point thread" lol.

Im a tea guy but every now and then  i don't mind a coffee or a starbucks. When i go to starbucks once in a bluemoon i get one of them mint mochas of sort.  im not looking for just a coffee taste at that point.

Either way its Overpriced like a football ticket.

3 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Ooh I need a coffee. Ooh I need a caffeine fix. Ooh have you tried the caramel latte in Starbucks.

What is it with everyone becoming a coffee wxxker?

Especially men. Men who go all gooey over a coffee and turn into girls and talk how lovely these coffee shops are and how much they look forward to go and errr, buy a cup of coffee. 

These big companies have created great marketing campaigns to get people to buy something really cheap for a lot of money and think they are doing something really special.

You have been totally sucked in, your buying a cup of coffee ffs. 

Coffee wxxkers the lot of you. 

Starbucks does fudging awful coffee. I prefer some of the independent coffee shops/carts in London - they really know what they are doing. If people who drink Starbucks coffee are coffee wxxnkers then I am a double wxxnker with an extra-shot of Colombian single origin bean from Caturra showing a mix of Guanábana and Raspberry acidity!

Completely agree on people who go to coffee shops. My mind is always blown seeing people queue up at out of town starbucks drivethroughs at seven in the ****ing morning when they've obviously left home early just to go there. Why not use that time to make your own coffee at home and take it with you and save about £1, 000 per year doofus. 

Coffee itself is great though.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

People who go to work carrying their own home made stuff in their own little cup I find odd. Can you not actually get from home to work without the need of a coffee? Could you not have one either end of the journey? It's entirely about trying to look a certain way "oh look at me with my soy milk laté, in my own special cup".

cat5.jpg

What about if at the other end of the Journey is a freezing cold building site with no electric or shops.

pretty handy I thought.

I've been in a Costa once in recent memory and that was about 8 months ago when I crawled in one at Lincoln after going on a night out with friends at Uni there. I was absolutely hanging, my friends had stuff to do/attend so I was stuck there. I don't have the foggiest about coffee so I just ordered the Americano and didn't realise it came in a soup bowl with a handle which I could just about fit my pinky into. I stared at it for an hour before I started drinking it.

But to the point, I don't personally see the appeal. You can make most of the fanciest drinks in there at home with a little know-how and little effort for half the asking price, if not less. Maybe it's because I'm not that into coffee. A couple at work in the morning and maybe a tea in the afternoon. Even with the high-end coffees it's never seemed like that much of a luxury to me.

My neighbor works for S&D coffee who supply all the coffee to the dunkin donuts over here as well as most of the hotels in this area... He can get as much coffee as he wants. Literally.

I keep chickens so i swap fresh eggs for coffee beans, i use my own coffee grinder to grind the coffee and its lovely and fresh every morning. I love the smell of fresh brewing coffee... Not into all those flavours though.. just coffee and milk for me. No sugar...

I also found a supplier that will supply me with fresh green , un-roasted coffee beans so i can roast my own- i want to give it a go.

Many thanks to the Starter of this thread for giving me an opportunity to discuss my love for coffee!!

Anyone who genuinely feels the neeeeeeeeed to have a coffee in the morning or 'can't function without one' is a bit of prat to be honest, you're just a poor man's alcoholic.

As for people who then need to push it in your face or talk like having a coffee is the coolest thing on the planet, they can feck off too.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

cat5.jpg

lol

I make a coffee in one of them and sip it on the drive to work. Purely because it's easy.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

cat5.jpg

Hang on a sec, those things are great! I dont have an office for making my own tea or coffee, not only do i take one with me, if a customer offers me a cup i get them to put it in one of these.

Don't get me started on coffee and tea.

Firstly I don't get why people need so many a day. At home we can't get through a tv show without someone asking everyone if they want one so we have to have an interval for that. And then I have to here about how they got no sleep because of it.

Secondly what's the point in decaf? Just have water you muppets.

Thirdly they both smell and look disgusting.

I'd make them banned substances if I was in charge.

Archived