Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

Drinkwater wasn't particularly poor, he just doesn't fare well when played in a midfield three. He was the same when we went to 352 in the great escape season too. Whenever he played in that system he didn't excel. Needs to be the main man in the middle. 

4 hours ago, DelBoy73 said:

That "performance " is a waking call for CR to immediately make the paradigm shift needed to start looking like a PL side with sense and purpose.

If we don't, I am adamant come next transfer window we will loose Mahrez, he won't lay plans to waste his talent in a relegation fodder team, he is way too good for that.

Losing Mahrez is a forgone conclusion - not based on today's performance but more his own lack of  desire to perform for us this season. 

4 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Drinkwater wasn't particularly poor, he just doesn't fare well when played in a midfield three. He was the same when we went to 352 in the great escape season too. Whenever he played in that system he didn't excel. Needs to be the main man in the middle. 

No. His passing, normally one of his strengths, was thoroughly abysmal. 

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Everton have just signed Schneiderlin for what? 23 mill?

Head and shoulders above any midfielder we have at the club.

Lets see, how the next 1-3 seasons pan out.Where was he last season.

Our midfield has just started in the PL as a group, he is trying to kick start his PL career...

Unfair comparisons for both sides.

I'm just so annoyed at the manner we lose games in now. Chelsea fans have said that while they were good yesterday, they've been better and been made to work harder.

Liverpool and Man Utd fans were both saying similar when they hammered us, it's as easy a win as they'll have all season.

Throw in the amount of defeats to the shite of this league we've been on the end of as well and it makes for very bleak viewing.

I would never vocally call for it but I think Ranieri ought to call it a day in the summer. I do think we will stay up (although it's not a given) but I am so utterly unconvinced by the direction this team is heading in at the minute. I think what someone said earlier in the thread was spot on. His initial impact was brilliant, and it wasn't just brilliant, it was absolutely miraculous, but it seems like the longer it goes on, the less of a team we actually look. We're losing games in the manner teams like Newcastle & Villa had been losing them in, and I'm not convinced he's going to change that. Everything that made Leicester likeable for the neutral has completely gone. We're a characterless side low on quality. We add nothing to the league at the minute.

I can't believe how many false dawns we've had. Every single time we look like we've turned a corner, we go back to being shit again. We cannot string two good performances together.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Losing Mahrez is a forgone conclusion - not based on today's performance but more his own lack of  desire to perform for us this season. 

Well he's not helping his cause by being a quarter of the player he was last year. Dreaming of Barca and Real, even Arsenal he wouldn't get on the bench with his inconsistencies this year.

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Well he's not helping his cause by being a quarter of the player he was last year. Dreaming of Barca and Real, even Arsenal he wouldn't get on the bench with his inconsistencies this year.

Agreed. One would have hoped that last season would have provided him a springboard to become an even better player. Its sad to see him regress this much in the PL. It has to be expected though, teams probably spent the entire summer looking over video and figuring out ways to stop him. Nonetheless, he's still our best player by miles and losing him would be detrimental.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

This is interesting

http://unravelsports.nl/plot/pex

Pass accuracy worse than would be expected even taking into account our long balls

Passing yesterday was some of the most woeful I have seen from us, and this season it's been bad.  Albrighton really, REALLY needs to stop trying to play first time long balls.  Morgan had a few opportunities for easy pass and hoofed it too.  Crazy thing is, we look so much better when we do pass it. Look at best passages this season and last (excluding the long ball that Mahrez killed to put Vardy in).  All been from decent football.  I think that's been the most frustrating thing for me this season (well, most of my life as a City fan). Can't think of the number of times I've said "oh don't hoof it!" while watching. 

Quick forward instructions from CR do not equal hoof on the pitch.  Players need to take some responsibility for that.

29 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm just so annoyed at the manner we lose games in now. Chelsea fans have said that while they were good yesterday, they've been better and been made to work harder.

Liverpool and Man Utd fans were both saying similar when they hammered us, it's as easy a win as they'll have all season.

Throw in the amount of defeats to the shite of this league we've been on the end of as well and it makes for very bleak viewing.

I would never vocally call for it but I think Ranieri ought to call it a day in the summer. I do think we will stay up (although it's not a given) but I am so utterly unconvinced by the direction this team is heading in at the minute. I think what someone said earlier in the thread was spot on. His initial impact was brilliant, and it wasn't just brilliant, it was absolutely miraculous, but it seems like the longer it goes on, the less of a team we actually look. We're losing games in the manner teams like Newcastle & Villa had been losing them in, and I'm not convinced he's going to change that. Everything that made Leicester likeable for the neutral has completely gone. We're a characterless side low on quality. We add nothing to the league at the minute.

I can't believe how many false dawns we've had. Every single time we look like we've turned a corner, we go back to being shit again. We cannot string two good performances together.

Good post Dan, although you did just pretty publicly call for Claudio to leave.  Totally agree with the sentiment though, we really look bereft of ideas, and seem to panic whenever we get the ball.  Teams don't even have to work hard to get it back, as we just hoof it straight back to them, often without them trying! 

We don't have the players to adopt a 352 formation.  Fuchs is not commanding enough to play on the left of a back three; neither Huth or Morgan can play that sweeper role as they're too slow, Albrighton and Chilwell aren't wingbacks, the midfield three requires a player running forward with the ball - we don't have that... etc etc.  The list is endless as to why it can't work.

You then go like for like against a team well drilled, running away with the league, with individuals all better than our players in their respective positions in a 352 and you're asking for trouble.

Tactically, extremely poor.

If you want to see us in a 352 that worked, you have to go back to the MON era.  We played 352 very well back then with players who knew exactly how to play the system.

Yesterday the players didn't have a clue and all we did was attempt to contain the opposition and ended up defending a 3-0 defeat by bring on our most consistent performer in defence with 14 minutes to go.

Baffling.  Irritating.  Downright stupid.

9 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

We don't have the players to adopt a 352 formation.  Fuchs is not commanding enough to play on the left of a back three; neither Huth or Morgan can play that sweeper role as they're too slow, Albrighton and Chilwell aren't wingbacks, the midfield three requires a player running forward with the ball - we don't have that... etc etc.  The list is endless as to why it can't work.

You then go like for like against a team well drilled, running away with the league, with individuals all better than our players in their respective positions in a 352 and you're asking for trouble.

Tactically, extremely poor.

If you want to see us in a 352 that worked, you have to go back to the MON era.  We played 352 very well back then with players who knew exactly how to play the system.

Yesterday the players didn't have a clue and all we did was attempt to contain the opposition and ended up defending a 3-0 defeat by bring on our most consistent performer in defence with 14 minutes to go.

Baffling.  Irritating.  Downright stupid.

Didn't know Glenn Hoddle had an account on FT. If Claudio had gone 442 and we lost everyone would've said why didn't we play 451 or 352 etc, swings and roundabouts. Poor performance but need to move swiftly on.

22 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Absolute rubbish . I'm sorry this is harder to take than usual, when you have won the league you would think we would make several quality signings to step in for the aging players but we didn't. You can go back to my post in May/June and I highlighted that fact.

Last year we was ahead of everyone this year we are miles behind because we didn't really spend and improve like the other top teams did.

You can say we won the league by not spending but that isn't guaranteeing us quality players, we should have bought proven players with the advantage we had of offering CL football 

This is right,we should have signed proven quality players not try again to unearth another Kante  or  Mahrez,I do think that some of these lads will come good but we needed it now.

None of the players know what to do when we have the ball, we just seem to lump it forwards, which hasn't worked all season.

Watching Chelsea (yes I know they're a class above) all their players knew eachother's movements and where exactly to play the ball. We've looked like a team full of strangers for too long now.

CR should insist all players aren't allowed to shave or have a haircut until they win back to back PL games. That way when they trip over their beards at least they will have an excuse. Today there are no excuses, overpaid for what they are. Footballers are highly paid entertainers, and this bunch aren't particularly entertaining me.

2 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Good post Dan, although you did just pretty publicly call for Claudio to leave.  Totally agree with the sentiment though, we really look bereft of ideas, and seem to panic whenever we get the ball.  Teams don't even have to work hard to get it back, as we just hoof it straight back to them, often without them trying! 

I meant at a game, I'd not get on the bloke's back at a game ever after what he's done.

On here and at a game are completely different.

We're just devoid of absolutely anything good at the minute. Honestly, what are our strengths as a team right now?

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Didn't know Glenn Hoddle had an account on FT. If Claudio had gone 442 and we lost everyone would've said why didn't we play 451 or 352 etc, swings and roundabouts. Poor performance but need to move swiftly on.

Nobody would have complained if we played the same system as we had in our previous 3 undefeated with 2 wins and 2 clean sheets.

4 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Nobody would have complained if we played the same system as we had in our previous 3 undefeated with 2 wins and 2 clean sheets.

How long you been following Leicester then? Obviously not long enough to realise how bloody fickle our fans arelol 

Had we played 442 or 433 and lost 3-0 some fans would've been saying should've played 5 at the back, no doubt about it

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

How long you been following Leicester then? Obviously not long enough to realise how bloody fickle our fans arelol 

Had we played 442 or 433 and lost 3-0 some fans would've been saying should've played 5 at the back, no doubt about it

Yeah obviously get some morons complaining but we were doing ok with it and I do mean ok,we need stability and changing it kind of ruined that little momentum we had going.

4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

GH is a numpty as the majority would agree on here, but for once he did speak some sense.  The system clearly didn't work and rather than change that, he kept moving players around in positions that they weren't up to task with. 

Why change it when we were building some momentum from the previous couple of games?

Ideally, he should have kept the same team, and the same system, that he played in the previous game at Everton in an attempt to build upon the last couple of decent results.  Instead, he decides on going like for like, with lesser players to bring about success.  It was a simple choice to make - stick with the same back 4, the 3 in midfield, switch out Albrighton for Musa and put Vardy up front, whilst keeping in Gray (who must be real ****ed off at being in and out when clearly more dangerous than Albrighton who puts in a couple of decent crosses to noone every game). 

Then he caps it off by saying it was "a good performance". 

Not good enough at all.

But as you say, we need to move swiftly on - but I have a feeling CR will continue to cause problems with his changes to the team.  Still, it'll be "a good performance" regardless.  Plenty of fight and spirit too.

4 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

None of the players know what to do when we have the ball, we just seem to lump it forwards, which hasn't worked all season.

Watching Chelsea (yes I know they're a class above) all their players knew eachother's movements and where exactly to play the ball. We've looked like a team full of strangers for too long now.

It all starts with Kasper as he rarely passes out to the defence from a goal kick or back pass....instructed to by CR ? Yesterday, with no Ulloah, who did he expect to win the headers ?

our big problem is we cannot score goals or even look like we know how to score, come to think of it WE COULD NOT SCORE IN A BROTHEL WITH A BAG FULL OF MONEY. and it all stems from the midfielders who have little or no ball skills to keep the ball beat a player, drinkwater every time his 1st movement is to go backwards even when he has space and time. cant win games playing going back to ur own goal all the time.

Archived