Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Ranieri sacked

5 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Yesterday Claudio came out of his home and gave time to fans and his supporters , he was warm and gracious, he is a special special human being , I hope we survive and I hope he is brought back to say good bye properly to us all 

sacking a man like this can't have been easy , the owners really had a tough job there !

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

Who is the fella with him in the bottom photo?

17 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Yesterday Claudio came out of his home and gave time to fans and his supporters , he was warm and gracious, he is a special special human being , I hope we survive and I hope he is brought back to say good bye properly to us all 

sacking a man like this can't have been easy , the owners really had a tough job there !

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

Respect to Claudio for coming out to see the fans. He is a true gentleman and will be loved forever in Leicester. It was a sad decision but ultimately no man is bigger than the club and I'm sure Ranieri understands that.

Very fed up of two faced people on here. Why the Ranieri worship again all of a sudden? There were just posts after posts of how bad we are and "clueless" tactics last week. People we have got our wish and that is a fresh start.

Don't forget the media don't watch the absolute dross week in week out that Claudio served up this season. I am not content with championship football next season. I back our owners 100%.

Claudio thanks for last year, it was the best in the clubs history, however no thanks for this one. As good as you were last year you are equally as bad this. You couldn't keep dining out on one great season forever. You are only as good as your last game in football. Let's face it many of the last 25 in the league have been junk.

5 hours ago, Leicester_Numan said:

It's all very sad and I'm sure we all wish he could have sorted out the mess he'd made of things this season but it was becoming clearer with every game that it was never going to happen. He was taking us down.

The decision to sack him is not just in the best interests of the club but Claudio's as well.

He now leaves here with his reputation and respect intact. He'll forever be remembered by fans of all clubs as the man who performed a miracle and made us champions. If he'd stayed he would be remembered by everyone and by us most of all as the clown who then mismanaged the club and took us down as champions. That would have been a much sadder ending for him and us. Now at least, we still have a chance to stay up.

Completely agreed. I've said the same thing to everyone. His reputation would have been tarnished had he taken us down and the fact that he left before we were in the relegation zone will still mean that technically he left before we were in the bottom 3. It would have been horrific for him to be in charge of the team that became champions, and then get the team relegated. As it stands, he will retain the respect, admiration and love of the Leicester fans and football community.

I didn't want him sacked, wasn't calling for his head and would have been prepared to give him the season to get us out of the situation we were in. However I found myself yesterday instinctively defending the clubs decision to people who just jumped in with the romance of last season, despite how I felt (gutted) I can fully understand the clubs decision, we were on a long slide and there wasn't any real signs of a turnaround in fortunes, it's this little Leicester attitude that people have towards us, the owners want bigger.

so how would you feel being given the leicester job - knowing that if/when the players don't like your decisions they will be lobbying the directors for your sacking?

This is all a massive mess....  it will be logical for any new manager to clear our any plotters in the summer... thereby causing more problems.

That article is exactly why we are being snarled at...painting this picture that Claudio was a saint and the rest of us evil bastards....this will not be the case, it's football and the facts are 0 goals and 0 wins in the league since February....we don't really know what was going on behind closed doors, but Vichai's statement speaks volumes though, clearly whatever has gone wrong doesn't just lay at Ranieri's door...but he still holds some responsibility as manager.

He has conducted himself with class and dignity in the public eye, but clearly something hasn't been right behind the Scene's...these lads aren't monsters, they're humans. 

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Whilst I have some sympathy with this argument what it is really saying, and you're not the only person saying this so I'm not being personal here, is that it is fine for Chelsea or Man Utd or Liverpool, or clubs such as these considered to be the big boys to do what we have done. However, should a Leicester or a Southampton or a Watford do what we have done then the whole football world should condemn these teams. Tell them they are jumped up little sh*ts and please go back to being what you should always be. Why? Why should we have to accept the status quo? How long do clubs like ours have to keep hold of our manager? Would it be acceptable for us to be relegated? What if we were relegated again and again do we still have to keep a manger just because once we and he achieved something remarkable?

I have no idea what is really going on in the dressing room and in the confines of the club and I would politely suggest that though some stories may be true neither does anyone else. What I do know and can see with my own eyes is that the club is a mess, the football terrible, the decline consistent with sides that end up being relegated. Yes the decision might not work but something needs to change and change fast or we are going to relegated. It seems that many of our own fans are happy to accept this and that it is more important to just accept this and be happy that we did something remarkable just the once in our history. To all those and those who don't support our club, saying the same, my question is why?  Why should clubs such as us not be allowed to make such decisions whilst such decisions made by so-called big clubs would just be passed off as the right thing to do?

What an absolutely top post. 

All the talk in papers is about how nice he is and that he led us to the unthinkable. None have talked about matters ON THE FIELD for the last 9 months. 2/3 of a season, looking absolute dross without a hint of things changing. It's ridiculous to suggest 'we are where we should be' and stinks of the modern day game. If that's the case, send Man City back to League One and bring Blackburn back up. 

Nobody actively wanted this outcome, but it became necessary.

Goddamn! Haven't read most of the posts so probably repeating but.........Goddamn.

So sad for CR. Club and coach came together for the single best season our club has ever seen and we had the good fortune to witness it in real time.

Will always hold Claudio in high regard no matter what. 

Still think we should have a statue outside the ground.

Oh..... Vardy and Co.  

You better have a 180 degree turnaround in results and performance seeing as you shits got the outcome you made us all suffer for all this season.

If not, I will take pleasure in seeing you all playing Championship football.

Bye and thanks Claudio....It's been a dream.

It's frightening how much power these players have in regard to the coach.

Lets face it, these players have put us all through the ringer for the sake of a manager they don't like.

All those games we could have gained results from sacrificed because of a petulant, spoiled attitude by our 'players'.

Playing God with the hard earned money of our fans.

I hate football at the moment.

2 hours ago, reynard said:

Whilst I have some sympathy with this argument what it is really saying, and you're not the only person saying this so I'm not being personal here, is that it is fine for Chelsea or Man Utd or Liverpool, or clubs such as these considered to be the big boys to do what we have done. However, should a Leicester or a Southampton or a Watford do what we have done then the whole football world should condemn these teams. Tell them they are jumped up little sh*ts and please go back to being what you should always be. Why? Why should we have to accept the status quo? How long do clubs like ours have to keep hold of our manager? Would it be acceptable for us to be relegated? What if we were relegated again and again do we still have to keep a manger just because once we and he achieved something remarkable?

I have no idea what is really going on in the dressing room and in the confines of the club and I would politely suggest that though some stories may be true neither does anyone else. What I do know and can see with my own eyes is that the club is a mess, the football terrible, the decline consistent with sides that end up being relegated. Yes the decision might not work but something needs to change and change fast or we are going to relegated. It seems that many of our own fans are happy to accept this and that it is more important to just accept this and be happy that we did something remarkable just the once in our history. To all those and those who don't support our club, saying the same, my question is why?  Why should clubs such as us not be allowed to make such decisions whilst such decisions made by so-called big clubs would just be passed off as the right thing to do?

:appl:

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

I'll ask again. Who is the fella with Ranieri in the bottom photo? I know he runs some of the training routines etc. and has been around for yonks?

Few of us will have criticised Ranieri for his public dignity and representation of himself and our club.

But listening to Lineker telling us about his tear shedding and about statues instead of the sack makes me cringe, as so many of his comments of late.

Yes, I'm disappointed in our players for failing to play professionally to the very best of their ability due to the various internal problems that have so clearly manifested themselves since the heady days when we won the title.

But, equally, it was Ranieri's responsibility to examine the reasons for those problems and to act fairly and appropriately in trying to solve them - and that alongside maintaining performances on the field.

What transpired was there to be seen week in, week out on the field in what will surely be remembered as one of the most dramatic turnarounds in football history in terms of our club's performance.

I supported Ranieri's arrival on here, would be quitee happy to see his statue paying testimony to our title achievement but said I wanted him gone on here as early as September when I seen enough to realise that this season's scenario was developing - and for so many reasons already aired by so many people.

I still think the final decision to be rid of Ranieri came too late and that we'll do enormously well now to escape the drop. And especially because I don't know that the mood in the camp will recover overnight.

But it was a decision that had to be made and if it means our building again from the Championship or anywhere else so be it. That doesn't mean the players are blameless- they're not. Indeed it will be interesting now to see how many really want to continue playing for Leicester at all never mind showing temselves willing to play with the utmost determination to save our status.

Everything now will depend on our choice of manager but, notwithstanding the benefits of status and salary, it won't be an easy job by any means. Quite the contrary. If these players can react badly once, they can do so again. The new boss needs to decide what he wants and be quickly rid of anything or anyone he doesn't want.       

Tension with assistant at the heart of Ranieri’s downfall

Gabriele Marcotti, Author of Ranieri’s biography

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tension-with-assistant-manager-at-the-heart-of-his-downfall-dvznn5hfp?shareToken=aab4939e16b4a15537272722c36adfa2

When Claudio Ranieri joined Leicester City in July 2015, the club were immersed in a pre-season training camp in Austria. Unlike most managerial appointments these days, he did not arrive with a large backroom posse. It was just him, his brother-in-law and long-time assistant Paolo Benetti and Andrea Azzalin, a 30-year-old with a PhD in exercise physiology who worked under Matt Reeves, the head of fitness and conditioning.

The rest of the staff, from Steve Walsh to Craig Shakespeare, were holdovers from the Nigel Pearson era, which had ended a few weeks earlier. In fact, they had worked with Pearson since 2008, first at Leicester, then following him to Hull City and then back to the King Power.

It had the potential to go two ways. It would either result in the right kind of creative tension, with the two sets of men effectively learning from each other and pushing their own boundaries. Or it would end up in a classic clash of cultures and mistrust.

Success papers over a lot of cracks and Leicester’s wild ride in 2015-16, led the owners to believe it was a case of the former. And maybe it was. But this season, it was clear that things were off.

Walsh, whose scouting and recruitment skills had been pivotal to securing players such as N’Golo Kanté and Riyad Mahrez, left to become director of football at Everton. Shakespeare was appointed England first-team coach under Sam Allardyce, combining the job with his role at Leicester. While that ended with Allardyce’s resignation in October, there was no escaping the fact that these two men had gone from being relative unknowns to hugely respected — and ambitious — public figures.

Without Walsh, Leicester’s recruitment stuttered. Ahmed Musa had been a long-term target who nearly joined the club in January 2016, but has contributed little this season. Islam Slimani, their record signing, only arrived in the final hours of the transfer window. He would later miss stretches due to injury and the Africa Cup of Nations. For a club whose two starting centre halves have a combined age of 65 — and whose first-choice back-up, Marcin Wasilewski, is 36 — securing defensive help in what promised to be a congested season fixture-wise was paramount. Yet the only newcomer turned out to be Luis Hernández, a free agent who, at 26, had only one season of top-flight experience under his belt. He would make just four Premier League appearances before being shipped back to Spain.

Nampalys Mendy, who was ever-present during Nice’s run to fourth place in Ligue 1 last season, had worked with Ranieri at Monaco and was identified as a potential successor to Kanté, albeit with a different skill set. He was injured in August and did not return until December.

All of this was a source of frustration for Ranieri, who felt that he needed a larger squad to deal with the Champions League commitment and to keep his starters from settling into a comfort zone, an inevitable risk when you have players hurtled from honest obscurity to superstardom, with Hollywood deals in one case and transfer interest — real or imagined — from Barcelona in another.

While the January window did bring a legitimate defensive midfielder in the form of Wilfried Ndidi, help at the back only materialised on deadline day with a loan deal for Udinese’s Molla Wagué, who had spent much of January in Gabon at the Africa Cup of Nations.

However let down he might have felt, Ranieri continued to believe that Leicester would be fine and his job was not in jeopardy. He was reassured of this in meetings with the owners in January and, again, in public, with the statement of “unwavering support” less than three weeks ago.

He similarly felt that the bulk of the players not only continued to keep faith with him, but were ready and able to climb back up to mid-table where he felt the club belonged. He would not have recognised Friday’s accounts of players who were said to be demoralised and confused by his methods.

As for being sacked, even when you have departed against your will no fewer than ten times previously, it still hurts. The shared experience of pulling off the greatest upset in the history of organised sport created an emotional bond between him and the club, fans and players, one that endures even now that the physical connection has been ripped away.

What he’s unlikely to do — even though it’s a popular narrative right now — is blame the players. A journeyman footballer long on desire but short on talent himself, he knows better than most that ordinary people can achieve extraordinary things, but only for short periods of time, before gravity pulls them back to Earth.

He knew that there would be a regression and spent the summer trying to put the right safeguards in place to soften the landing. That Leicester, as a club, were unable to do it to the owners’ satisfaction is a responsibility that must be shared out among those involved.

As for his next steps, expect him to do what he’s done before: split his time between his homes in London and Italy and wait for the phone to ring. For half a century he’s been almost exclusively a football man, whose daily routine is marked by the training pitch. This hasn’t gone away.

Nor has his love for the people who stood alongside him as Leicester City shocked the world. Most of them, anyway.

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'll ask again. Who is the fella with Ranieri in the bottom photo? I know he runs some of the training routines etc. and has been around for yonks?

That's not him 

the guy in picture is just a fan that passed by 

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Very fed up of two faced people on here. Why the Ranieri worship again all of a sudden? There were just posts after posts of how bad we are and "clueless" tactics last week. People we have got our wish and that is a fresh start.

Don't forget the media don't watch the absolute dross week in week out that Claudio served up this season. I am not content with championship football next season. I back our owners 100%.

Claudio thanks for last year, it was the best in the clubs history, however no thanks for this one. As good as you were last year you are equally as bad this. You couldn't keep dining out on one great season forever. You are only as good as your last game in football. Let's face it many of the last 25 in the league have been junk.

I think the football has been terrible, and I did want Claudio to go. However the more I hear about it, the more evidence there is to suggest that the players have just downed tools this season, so now I don't really know what ot think.

Replacing Ranieri was the only option (because you can't replace 25 players), but I don't know if he deserves it, when it's clear that it's the players who need a kick up the backside.

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

JFC these twats and their selfies.

19 hours ago, sishades said:

Claudio is going to the training ground to see the players!!

i think he shouldn't . . . why not a single player has his ears..  no one informed bambi's mom is in danger?

(from the telegraph)

==

That struggle – for Ranieri, at least – effectively came to an end with the embarrassing FA Cup defeat by Millwall last week, a result which proved the final straw for Srivaddhanaprabha and prompted him to enact a sacking that has polarised opinion across football. He must feel like the man who shot Bambi’s mother.

Ranieri was on his way regardless of the 2-1 Champions League defeat to Sevilla but a meeting with senior players in the team hotel – called by Srivaddhanaprabha – sealed his fate.

Archived