Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Ranieri sacked

One statement made by a fan resonates. Cleverly engineered media situations have helped to mask the issues, we probably will never know all of the reasons behind the scenes until one of the players has left the club.

Dont let the dilly dings and dongs hide the fact that there was a serious issue at the club...and the one unanswered question for me could hold the key to how this all started...and I'll ask it again...

Why did Steve Walsh leave the premier league champions? 

19 minutes ago, the fox said:

???i think even @The Doctor knew that I didn't mean anything like that and Even he didn't  mind because this forum is very open in its interactions.I have nothing but respect for the posters here. If you thought that that was condescending then you should meet the heavy hitters in this forum, you wouldn't know what hit you (is this "condescending" enough for your taste)

Fair enough :)

25 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

One statement made by a fan resonates. Cleverly engineered media situations have helped to mask the issues, we probably will never know all of the reasons behind the scenes until one of the players has left the club.

Dont let the dilly dings and dongs hide the fact that there was a serious issue at the club...and the one unanswered question for me could hold the key to how this all started...and I'll ask it again...

It is pretty obvious there are some major issues at the club. Top's statement about there being "not only one problem but a million things to do to survive" tells us that. He's not even being cryptic about it. For all Ranieri's done, and yes I think he's a Leicester legend, he took over a united club but has left us in pieces. The owners aren't short of blame either, dishing out 100k BMWs. Most of the players now have become entitled and overpaid lazy cvnts.

24 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Because he was offered a better position at an established club where his family lives? I get what you are saying but I wouldn't base it all on that!

18 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Quite open to Pellegrini, can help in trying to get further in the Champions League, and enhanced league success in the PL obviously.

But can he have enough time to really make an impact. He strikes me as a manager that likes a system and that will take time to be implemented. He would make a great manager next season but can he get results as fast as possible.

5 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I don't dispute that the owners' main motive was to promote their business interests by staying in the Premier League.

But surely, by that logic, whatever the reasons for our decline, they only sacked Claudio because they thought we were going down under his leadership and might stay up under a different manager?

If so, I agree with their decision - not because of league position alone, but because of our performances and trajectory over several months. We've looked relegation certainties and have shown no sign of improvement.

Whatever has gone wrong, a lot of the blame lies with the players for their clueless, uncommitted performances....but a lot also lies with Claudio as the bloke who ultimately could neither inspire an improvement nor replace the under-performers.

The owners seem to be citing the risks of relegation as the grounds for Claudio's dismissal, not player discontent, though all sorts of rumours abound.

I couldn't give a shit about King Power's business prospects, but share their desire to keep LCFC in the Premier League. A few weeks ago, I wondered whether I'd be bothered about relegation. After all, there's a lot of bullshit associated with the PL, all the money, hype and bandwagon-jumpers. It can also be more fun challenging at the top of the Championship, rather than battling to avoid PL relegation.

But if we stay up, our outlook could be quite good. I'd hate to see promising prospects like Ndidi, Gray & Chilwell go elsewhere. I'd also hate to see those, like Schmeichel, who've shown longstanding commitment, go elsewhere for a better standard of football. Our squad will need a summer overhaul whichever league we're in next season. I'm sure Mahrez will go. Any players who are over the hill or can no longer motivate themselves will have to go. But the overhaul needed if we go down could be on a horrendous scale. Not only would we lose Mahrez and the dead wood, we'd also probably lose our young prospects and other top performers such as Schmeichel.....and if some players are struggling to motivate themselves to play in the PL, how will they motivate themselves to play 46 matches in the Championship?! Given the scale of the likely overhaul, we could easily end up in another relegation struggle in the Championship next season, money or no money.

Relegation could mean several years of decline and struggle, even assuming the owners want to stay on board. If we stay up and make the right decisions in the summer, we could easily be a competitive mid-table PL side next season, with many of our current squad still involved. Some will have to go, but hopefully others can bounce back and recover their form and commitment, our young prospects can improve and the future can be bright again.

It's a sad day. Whoever shares the responsibility for this year's collapse (and they'll know) should be utterly ashamed. But the sacking is the right decision for the club and fans, not just for King Power's coffers.

At last some words of sense and balance. Some of the reaction on here, on radio phone ins and frankly in the professional media is simply over the top and in some cases ludicrous.

Professional journalists who ripped the piss out of us the summer he was appointed now having the temerity to condemn us  for a decision, which based on the performances and the current state of the club, is frankly the only one the owners could take to try and change things.

Yes it is a sad day. Not only because Ranieri seems a decent guy but more sad in my eyes because of the dreadful position the club finds itself in meant this decision was inevitable. But a betrayal of football, an undermining of managers all over the world etc etc. and all the other crap I have heard today; just nonsense. Steve Claridge was one of the few who seemed to get it.

If anyone truly believes the season so far has been acceptable under any circumstances then I really don't know what you have been watching. The decline has gone on and on and got deeper and deeper with absolutely no signs of things improving. Tactics poor, team selection poor, recruitment poor (and don't tell me the manager has absolutely no say in this), motivation poor, substitutions poor, basically admitting that he didn't want to win the game  against Millwall; not acceptable under any circumstances. All against the backdrop of record investment in the playing squad beyeong the wildest dreams of any us a few years ago.

The title was won by a collective effort. That collective effort has been missing this season. Yes blame the players but Ranieri must take his share of the blame for this debacle. One moment sums up the whole season for me. The susbtitution if Huth against Chelsea. At that moment we were playing with players who clearly had no idea where they were supposed to play or what shape to play in. He lost it for me that day. A clear indication that here was a manager who had utterly lost any idea how to manage and players who clearly didn't feel they had clear instructions.

Yes I'm disappointed but now we need to pull together. All of us. The players, the owners, the coaching staff, the tea ladies, the kit man and us the fans. let's make the KP as noisy as anything on Monday. And to those who want to come and boo the players. Please don't we don't need that right now.

12 minutes ago, sm1 said:

It is pretty obvious there are some major issues at the club. Top's statement about there being "not only one problem but a million things to do to survive" tells us that. He's not even being cryptic about it. For all Ranieri's done, and yes I think he's a Leicester legend, he took over a united club but has left us in pieces. The owners aren't short of blame either, dishing out 100k BMWs. Most of the players now have become entitled and overpaid lazy cvnts.

Totally agree with you. The players were pampered too much.....softened up....in short the whole club are to blame. 

It's like working really hard to get fit before Christmas reaching an ideal weight, and then letting it all go afterwards.....we've failed to take advantage of the best position we have ever been in...and sadly, Claudio has paid the ultimate price for that. 

We will probably never know what has happened to bring this situation about, but the Owners have always seemed to have LCFC at the heart of everything they have done over the past 7 years. Was Claudio given the chance to RESIGN probably with the same compensation package, which was rebuffed as he was too proud???? The Owners have always come across as decent people. Were they then left with no option but to sack him Discuss.......

Sorry guys but a massive own goal by the owners.

If you are a Championship team punching above your weight and SOMEHOW (sold your soul to the devil??) a miracle happens and you do the unthinkable.....

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE KNOCKOUT STAGES ...........and you sack the guy that MANAGED IT ????

Who the hell with any integrity or worth is going to come.

Talk about damaged goods,  the whole world (who ,loved us remember) will be kicking us, and rightly so, as we go down.

It's an UGLY decision and a wrong one, for FFS who are we getting Woy or Pardew.

Good Night, and Thank You Claudio, the achievement under your leadership cannot be deleted.

I wont say otherwise I felt he wasnt the man to get us out of this mess. Part of me would think that this was bad timing after the relative high of Sevilla on Wednesday but at least he got a bit of a good swansong with the second half performance.

To anyone who mentions about us being entitled you more than likely dont know the first thing about what it is to support Leicester. I attended the Brugge and Middlesborough games back in November and whilst I was a bit disappointed with the displays we were around 12th or so which in the grand scheme of things was decent. It will never be as good as last season but I don't expect it to be. It's a bit rich about other fans giving out about changing manager when about half of the premier league teams have done the same since 2015. I wouldn't dream of questioning say a genuine Everton supporter about changing Martinez because I would only know so much about it. If Ranieri had Leicester in 10th place at the end of this season and next  with a great lovely tribute should he step down at the end of next seasonI would say 90% of us would have been more than willing to accept that.

I wasn't keen on his appointment but I was desperate for him to get it right the last while. The writing has been on the wall for a long time. I don't blame him for the summer. No one at the club could prepare for the media and public whirlwind that followed something so groundbreaking.But his signings though left a lot to be desired and he has a history of second seasons turning sour.

The shadow of Pearson has never gone away either for better or worse.A lot has been made of the players being divas but I think theres one thing worth considering. If players were more happy with Nigel Pearson on a lot less wages than now, then it must beg the question why would they be unhappy when they are getting 5 to 10 times more than what they did back then. We can criticize players but it doesnt matter how much you earn if you feel that things are not being run in the right way then it could affect performances and morale.

I dont think it will cause too much harm to this time here.More will remember last season than this. He was a class act in how he conducted himself with the media. Its a shame it ended the way it did. I wanted change but I felt a bit emotional watching the scenes at the training ground.

Good luck to the man.

55 minutes ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

If you are a Championship team punching above your weight and SOMEHOW (sold your soul to the devil??) a miracle happens and you do the unthinkable.....

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE KNOCKOUT STAGES ...........and you sack the guy that MANAGED IT ????

Talk about damaged goods,  the whole world (who ,loved us remember) will be kicking us, and rightly so, as we go down.

It's an UGLY decision and a wrong one, for FFS who are we getting Woy or Pardew.

Good Night, and Thank You Claudio, the achievement under your leadership cannot be deleted.

The owners are acting in the best interests of the club. 

15 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I wont say otherwise I felt he wasnt the man to get us out of this mess. Part of me would think that this was bad timing after the relative high of Sevilla on Wednesday but at least he got a bit of a good swansong with the second half performance.

To anyone who mentions about us being entitled you more than likely dont know the first thing about what it is to support Leicester. I attended the Brugge and Middlesborough games back in November and whilst I was a bit disappointed with the displays we were around 12th or so which in the grand scheme of things was decent. It will never be as good as last season but I don't expect it to be. It's a bit rich about other fans giving out about changing manager when about half of the premier league teams have done the same since 2015. I wouldn't dream of questioning say a genuine Everton supporter about changing Martinez because I would only know so much about it. If Ranieri had Leicester in 10th place at the end of this season and next  with a great lovely tribute should he step down at the end of next seasonI would say 90% of us would have been more than willing to accept that.

I wasn't keen on his appointment but I was desperate for him to get it right the last while. The writing has been on the wall for a long time. I don't blame him for the summer. No one at the club could prepare for the media and public whirlwind that followed something so groundbreaking.But his signings though left a lot to be desired and he has a history of second seasons turning sour.

The shadow of Pearson has never gone away either for better or worse.A lot has been made of the players being divas but I think theres one thing worth considering. If players were more happy with Nigel Pearson on a lot less wages than now, then it must beg the question why would they be unhappy when they are getting 5 to 10 times more than what they did back then. We can criticize players but it doesnt matter how much you earn if you feel that things are not being run in the right way then it could affect performances and morale.

I dont think it will cause too much harm to this time here.More will remember last season than this. He was a class act in how he conducted himself with the media. Its a shame it ended the way it did. I wanted change but I felt a bit emotional watching the scenes at the training ground.

Good luck to the man.

Well said sir

On 2/24/2017 at 02:16, Arcs past said:

Good riddance. Never rated him that highly as a manager anyway. Chelsea fired their manager midseason after winning the league and it worked out for them. No reason why we can't bring in a few new players and challenge for the title next year. 

Now let's hope Wenger is available this Summer. 

The way you managed to write so much crap in just 5 sentences is really quite an achievement. Or you're not serious?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4257936/Claudio-Ranieri-fired-Leicester-airport-hotel.html

The full details of Claudio Ranieri’s sacking by Leicester City emerged last night and Sportsmail can reveal:

• The club’s Thai owners let him take charge of Wednesday night’s Champions League defeat in Seville knowing it would be his last match in charge.
  • The decision to sack him was taken days earlier, with Leicester’s 2-0 defeat at Swansea on February 12 the final straw.
  • Ranieri was dismissed at an hotel at East Midlands Airport when he returned from Seville on Thursday.
  • Senior players want to see former manager Nigel Pearson reappointed.

Ranieri cut an isolated figure on Leicester’s chartered plane back from Spain. As some dozed off and others played computer games, the squad sensed the mood becoming a little tense.

Owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his son, vice-chairman Aiyawatt, had decided against flying back with the rest of the Leicester party. Ranieri quickly realised why.

Storm Doris made for a troublesome landing and, when the cargo hold would not open, the group had to wait at the hotel for the problem to be fixed.

There, against the impersonal backdrop of a soulless hotel, director of football Jon Rudkin told Ranieri the ‘dream has died’.

The Italian was dignified in his response, telling his assistant Craig Shakespeare later: ‘That’s football.’ But, in truth, the decision had been made days before the creditable 2-1 defeat by Sevilla.

The listless 2-0 loss to Swansea on February 12 convinced Vichai a change had to be made, even though it came just five days after the club had issued a statement of ‘unwavering support’ for their title-winning boss.

There was concern at the time among senior staff about such a pronouncement, but the message was intended to generate a response from Leicester’s underperforming players.

Vichai flew in from Thailand for the FA Cup replay against Derby on February 8 and then took the players and Ranieri out for lunch at a plush Leicester restaurant on Friday February 10 in a bid to reignite team spirit.

But the performance against Swansea at the Liberty Stadium spoke volumes. Vichai had made a rare trip to an away game and his sour expression in the stands told its own story.

Some within the dressing room have expressed a desire to see Pearson return to the club for a third spell. The acrimonious nature of the manager’s 2015 departure, however, makes his reappointment unlikely.

Martin O’Neill retains strong allies in the Leicester boardroom and was approached before Ranieri was appointed, only for the former Filbert Street favourite to reaffirm a commitment to the Republic of Ireland.

Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is believed to appeal to Leicester’s owners but reports in Italy suggest he has distanced himself from the position. ‘I am sorry for my friend Ranieri,’ he wrote on Twitter. ‘He will remain in the history of LCFC, in the heart of Leicester fans and all football lovers.’

Former Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink has been sounded out and offers the Premier League experience and prestige which Leicester crave.

Club sources stressed last night they remain open-minded about the identity of Ranieri’s successor. Assistant manager Shakespeare, who has been placed in temporary charge and is a credible candidate for the permanent position, is expected to oversee Monday night’s visit of Liverpool.

When the spotlight was on Shakespeare as he spoke to the press on Friday afternoon, Ranieri slipped in and collected his belongings from his office at Leicester’s Belvoir Drive training ground. The players had already left the complex.

Later, Ranieri posed for pictures with fans at his house in a leafy suburb a few miles south and was given cards and wine by neighbours. ‘Devastated,’ was how he described his emotions.

In an eloquent statement, Ranieri thanked the players with whom he won the Premier League title. But those multi-millionaires were notable for their silence on Friday, in public at least.

Other than Kasper Schmeichel, no Leicester player took the time to post a message on social media thanking the manager.

Ranieri is expected to meet the squad today to say goodbye, although sources indicate he feels let down by those who were rewarded with significant pay-rises last summer.

He is equally upset at some support staff. The 65-year-old cut a lonely figure towards the end.

It's all very sad and I'm sure we all wish he could have sorted out the mess he'd made of things this season but it was becoming clearer with every game that it was never going to happen. He was taking us down.

The decision to sack him is not just in the best interests of the club but Claudio's as well.

He now leaves here with his reputation and respect intact. He'll forever be remembered by fans of all clubs as the man who performed a miracle and made us champions. If he'd stayed he would be remembered by everyone and by us most of all as the clown who then mismanaged the club and took us down as champions. That would have been a much sadder ending for him and us. Now at least, we still have a chance to stay up.

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

If this was any other cclub in the league nobody would care. Carraher is acting as if its a crime against humanity when he's wanted Klopp out most of the season the pizza face goblin

Carragher should do everyone a favour and shut his scouse mouth up. That accent is a crime against humanity.

6 hours ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

Whilst I have some sympathy with this argument what it is really saying, and you're not the only person saying this so I'm not being personal here, is that it is fine for Chelsea or Man Utd or Liverpool, or clubs such as these considered to be the big boys to do what we have done. However, should a Leicester or a Southampton or a Watford do what we have done then the whole football world should condemn these teams. Tell them they are jumped up little sh*ts and please go back to being what you should always be. Why? Why should we have to accept the status quo? How long do clubs like ours have to keep hold of our manager? Would it be acceptable for us to be relegated? What if we were relegated again and again do we still have to keep a manger just because once we and he achieved something remarkable?

I have no idea what is really going on in the dressing room and in the confines of the club and I would politely suggest that though some stories may be true neither does anyone else. What I do know and can see with my own eyes is that the club is a mess, the football terrible, the decline consistent with sides that end up being relegated. Yes the decision might not work but something needs to change and change fast or we are going to relegated. It seems that many of our own fans are happy to accept this and that it is more important to just accept this and be happy that we did something remarkable just the once in our history. To all those and those who don't support our club, saying the same, my question is why?  Why should clubs such as us not be allowed to make such decisions whilst such decisions made by so-called big clubs would just be passed off as the right thing to do?

I want to start by saying I'm not defending the players but something worth noting; 

These so called backstabbers didn't turn up this year, has any one considered they might have the best interests of the club at heart and could see something wasn't working:

Kasper has been here 7 years this season. 

Danny, Vardy, Wes, Matty James (I know he's less relevant) coming up 5.

king atleast 10 years. 

Even the likes of Riyad 3 years. 

Yesterday Claudio came out of his home and gave time to fans and his supporters , he was warm and gracious, he is a special special human being , I hope we survive and I hope he is brought back to say good bye properly to us all 

sacking a man like this can't have been easy , the owners really had a tough job there !

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

Archived