Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Odds mean **** all at this stage, Preki went to 1/10 as did Vardy to Arsenal.

They suggest we either haven't planned or it's been kept a very close secret.

Bielsa was confirmed as Lille manager from the end of the season. But we know football contracts mean nothing these days. He isn't even listed as a candidate by most bookies, and I understand why. 

2 minutes ago, Lesteban said:

Bielsa was confirmed as Lille manager from the end of the season. But we know football contracts mean nothing these days. He isn't even listed as a candidate by most bookies, and I understand why. 

He's already torn up one contract within a couple of days. Got form lol 

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Could our players adapt to Balsa's 3331 formation?

It may actually kinda work for us in a weird way!

Could they feck! If reports are to be believed they throw hissy fits when not being allowed to play in their favoured 4-4-2. Which clearly doesn't work post Kanté.

2 minutes ago, simon789us said:

Would want someone who likes to play football but keep the fast breaking of last year the football this season has been shocking 

Mancini's football isn't like that really he's more solid defensively. Bielsa however plays a pressing fast paced game requiring the whole team to track back.

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think continuity has been part of the problem. We have played the same team and formation pretty much all season.

I worry that Shakespeare won't make the changes needed, like making Kasper Captain and dropping Wes or Huth etc.

Maybe we need someone to come in and see exactly what we all see, and make the changes straight away. If rumours of player power are true, would Shakespeare stand up to that and make these big decisions or would we see the same starting 11, and the same 4-4-2 under him because the players want that. 

I'm leaning towards a complete change and fresh start, with someone like Hiddink, who will come in and have no qualms about changing anything he doesn't like. 

Very true, Hiddink would be amazing, he'd work out the problems very quickly and do what he did with Chelsea last year i.e at least steady the ship and get some results to not even flirt with relegation. 

Regarding 'continuity' I was referring to making as little possible change at manager level.

I know what you mean about Shakespeare perhaps not making the crucial changes, but I just think the players would play for him, and for me at present that's enough.

Other than the flaws at the back, it's a really great team.

I don't think he'd be as radical as we would be, but I do think he'd start with Gray, Chilwell and have no qualms about switching Benny for Huth. 

As far as I'm concerned he probably has the greatest relationship with the players right now. 

I can't see him being as bad as John Carver, even he kept his team up. 

45 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Thinking outside of the box, I like it.

Yeah i've said it so much now i'm considering putting a bet on it.

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Why aren't we in for Marcelino? He did wonders with Villarreal & his play style would suit our players. He got them from relegation to 4th in La Liga ffs. He's the best manager available right now.

Does he speak English?

4 minutes ago, stu said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest as I bet he has a soft spot for Claudio and isn't a fan of the player power! 

We'll get someone desperate if that is the perception. 

Its a huge decision for the owners and one that could shape the next few seasons for the club. Once again they have to get it right!

Realistically we need someone who can come in and gain instant respect from the players, i don't think that would be the likes of Rowatt or Warburton - It would be a big step up for them both.  Having said that i would prefer them over the likes of Pardew, Rednapp, hodgson etc etc. Mancini isn't for me, i don't think he's the man for a dog fight and thats what we are in. 

Hiddink, Bielsa or someone of that ilk seems the best shout and probably the most likley thought process of the owners but its a matter of who would want it? 

Somebody like Howe or gravel throat seem like good shouts but i can't see either of them leaving their clubs mid season.

Wouldn't surprise me if its someone completely out of leftfield - we weren't expecting Claudio were we, so i'd ignore the bookies odds! 

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Does he speak English?

Marcelino was linked with the Swansea job. Dunno if he speaks English, but if he does then he'd be perfect for us.

he's also very animated/passionate on the sidelines like conte/klopp, he'd go down well with the media/fans which I assume is what the owners like.

Archived