Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

Every name that has been mentioned so far Is truly uninspiring. 

Mancini maybe the best of a bad bunch but his slow methodical approach would certainly end in tears for us.

I'd honestly keep Shakey in charge until the end of the season and then regroup. 

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The players would HATE Mancini lol

I think ideal is that Shakey and Stowell(y) get a result against Liverpool and we can shuffle on with them until the end of the season and scrape 17th. Take your time in the summer to make a proper appointment.

Another Italian defensive manager.

Hmmm... That makes a lot of sense.

14 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Marcelino was linked with the Swansea job. Dunno if he speaks English, but if he does then he'd be perfect for us.

he's also very animated/passionate on the sidelines like conte/klopp, he'd go down well with the media/fans which I assume is what the owners like.

PASSSHHHUNNNN and a cool foreign name - GERRRRIMIN

The players have revolted, it was all CR'S fault, well they all love Shakey and he knows them inside out so who better to take the reigns temporarily, let's see if it was true. So I believe the owners should see if performances turn around without anyone else involved probably till the end of the season then take their time in finding a suitable replacement.

13 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

What is a proper appointment though? If we are in the championship who comes? People saying Howe etc are having a laugh - why would he leave Bournemouth for us at the moment.

Money.

Double his Bournemouth wages, he's also taken them as far as they can go.

I want us to go for Wagner personally and if not Howe. I want a young up and coming manager who plays progressive, attacking football. Not a dinosaur like Pardew/Mancini et al. 

why would anyone like Howe even been remotley interested, we will not get anyone who is doing well in his job currently, why would anyone want to work with a club that sack a manager than has written the greatest story in football history?

Who ever we get will be unemployed and then sacked within 18 months. Football is a mess not just Leicester the whole game worldwide.

16 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I really don't want Shakey to take over. Players would run rings around him, he would stick with the usual 11 and it's not the 'shake up' we so badly need.

We can't do a shake-up until the summer though so our only hope is getting the players to play for each other again, particularly the attacking ones. We have enough going forward if they turn up to get us out of this despite our defence. Question is whether Shakey would have enough about him tactically.

Plenty of interesting choices out there, but most are in a job and surely wouldn't whilst a) we look like getting relegated and b) they have their own seasons and things to achieve.

Rodgers

Wagner

Berizzo

Vanhaezebrouck

Stoger

People currently out of a job I'm less sure. Maybe Rowett is worth a punt? Marcelino? De Boer?

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What would people think of Brendan Rodgers?

His record at Liverpool was comparable to Klopp, brilliant job at Swansea, likes to play footy.... bit of a weirdo though.

Honestly, I think he'd be a good fit. He'd move us out of hoof ball mentality and hopefully get the players passing with confidence - which when we've done this previously (first half of last season) we've looked sh1t hot going forward. Wouldn't be opposed to this at all.

I think Rowett is someone Rudkin might go for, he may know him from his time here, out of work etc

There are few 'experienced' managers out there who the owners are likely to look at, there is also Remi Garde who had a horror at Villa but did alright before that didn't he?

Just now, psychonaut said:

Honestly, I think he'd be a good fit. He'd move us out of hoof ball mentality and hopefully get the players passing with confidence - which when we've done this previously (first half of last season) we've looked sh1t hot going forward. Wouldn't be opposed to this at all.

I'd not even really thought about him until I saw his name on the betting, he did far better than he gets credit for at Liverpool when you consider the bumming Klopp gets.

Archived