Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

17 minutes ago, Wizerud said:

In order of preference Rowett, Wagner, O'Neill or Pearson. The first two - if we do go down they'd hopefully be a good long-term rebuilding solution. Although I think either would be able to keep us up. There should be an uptick in form regardless who comes in, if we can believe what we're hearing about the players wanting Claudio out.

Anyone pushing Rowett needs to be given a months ban on here 

holy god have we learned nothing over last 15 years !

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I think continuity has been part of the problem. We have played the same team and formation pretty much all season.

I worry that Shakespeare won't make the changes needed, like making Kasper Captain and dropping Wes or Huth etc.

Maybe we need someone to come in and see exactly what we all see, and make the changes straight away. If rumours of player power are true, would Shakespeare stand up to that and make these big decisions or would we see the same starting 11, and the same 4-4-2 under him because the players want that. 

I'm leaning towards a complete change and fresh start, with someone like Hiddink, who will come in and have no qualms about changing anything he doesn't like. 

Well perhaps admit the possibility that he could get the best out of the players and get them organised and playing in a system they understand, are happy with and which delivered proven results . They are champions and shouldn't be losing to shite like Swansea and Burnley 

Odds on Mancini drifting to over 2/1

Guy on radio just said money on Coleman and Bielsa this morning.

Basically, the bookies don't have a clue.

Whilst Bielsa has agreed to take over at Lille next season, nothing is signed and he does have previous for changing his mind.

Please let it be El Loco!

9 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Please let it be mancini

I hope it's mancini too. I've been on good terms with the italian shop owners up the road ever since ranieri and don't want to lose that.

For anyone who isn't familiar with Bielsa, here's a snippet from his Wiki about his 3-3-3-1 formation:

The 3–3–3–1 allows great transitions from defending to attacking, as many of the players used in the formation can perform both defensive and attacking tasks. Moreover, it establishes superiority in numbers in every part of the field, since with this formation his teams could defend with seven players, attack with six or seven players, or protect a scoreline by overwhelming the midfield with 6 players. To use 3–3–3–1, all players have to quickly set to attacking positions when the ball is in the team's possession, and all players have to aggressively press and recover the ball when it is not in possession, so it requires great teamwork and understanding between teammates.[33]

This signature style of Bielsa's has had so much influence in the football scene that many present coaches – former players under Bielsa's command – are heavily influenced by the style, such as Gerardo Martino, Mauricio Pochettino, Matías Almeyda and Marcelo Gallardo. Former Barcelona and Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola credited Bielsa as his tactical inspiration and called him the "best manager in the world" in 2012.[34] Jorge Sampaoli, current Sevilla manager and former Chile national team manager from 2012–2016, has been described as a "disciple" of Bielsa.

lol

Guest LCFC_World

I have come to my decision.. I don't want these big names, Guus Hiidink, Klopp - you know that if you get these there is only one thing that will being them here and that is £££ - and lots of it. They won't have passion for the club and our fans, and no matter how much of a 'tactical genius' you are it won't help a club like us if you have no passion. So, if we can't have Nigel back then I would love to see ...

NEIL LENNON. He has passion, commitment and isn't scared to get involved when needed. I like a manger who risks getting sent to the stands for the team, it just shows he cares about the club. Not only that, he has a history with us which shows he will be giving it 100%. He would be for the long term not like Guus who would be here for a maximum 2 years. So there you have it, Neil Lennon is the man, he may not have the needed 'experience' but everyone has to start somewhere... I think he would get the best out the players and keep the dressing room together. He has a lot of team spirit. 

#NeilLennonIn.

that was my post after Pearson was sacked lollol 

1 minute ago, LCFC_World said:

I have come to my decision.. I don't want these big names, Guus Hiidink, Klopp - you know that if you get these there is only one thing that will being them here and that is £££ - and lots of it. They won't have passion for the club and our fans, and no matter how much of a 'tactical genius' you are it won't help a club like us if you have no passion. So, if we can't have Nigel back then I would love to see ...

NEIL LENNON. He has passion, commitment and isn't scared to get involved when needed. I like a manger who risks getting sent to the stands for the team, it just shows he cares about the club. Not only that, he has a history with us which shows he will be giving it 100%. He would be for the long term not like Guus who would be here for a maximum 2 years. So there you have it, Neil Lennon is the man, he may not have the needed 'experience' but everyone has to start somewhere... I think he would get the best out the players and keep the dressing room together. He has a lot of team spirit. 

#NeilLennonIn.

At the time of writing were you sat in a pub half way down a second bottle of Scotch with Lennon and Levein?

2 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

#NeilLennonIn.

Thats a poem

Archived