Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Jurgen Klinsmann wouldn't be a bad shout.

Except that they couldn't wait to get rid of him in the US because he was utter shite and dragged them backwards. Did well a long time ago with a talented German national side apart from which, what is it you feel would make him a huge success in the Premiership in club football?

10 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Where is there any evidence that Cambiasso actually had any influence over the great escape apart from playing in the side?

He wrote his predictions for the run-in on a napkin.

What we need is a highly rated, left-field manager that no one in this country has ever heard of. Definitely somebody who will need an interpreter for the next two years.  Ideally someone in the Pochettino mould. Preferably Spanish or Portuguese* who has a reputation for playing good football. There's enough football hipsters on this forum for us to come up with a list of names.

*I know Pochettino is Argentinian but you get the idea.

4 minutes ago, Danizen said:

What we need is a highly rated, left-field manager that no one in this country has ever heard of. Definitely somebody who will need an interpreter for the next two years.  Ideally someone in the Pochettino mould. Preferably Spanish or Portuguese* who has a reputation for playing good football. There's enough football hipsters on this forum for us to come up with a list of names.

Néstor Lorenzo

2 minutes ago, Danizen said:

No manager in the world will be able to get our back 4 to pass on the floor. I agree we should go for a manager in that mould in the Summer, but right now, we need a well known and respected man manager, who the players will listen to and not be able to walk all over. Hiddink for rest of the season and then we can look to appoint a long-term manager in the Summer. 

19 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Jocelyn Gourvennec

Was on the radar before we got Claudio. Only took his current job with Bordeaux (currently 7th, last season finished 11th) last May though.

26 minutes ago, Danizen said:

If that is the price for not recruiting someone shite (Pardew , Rowett et al) I'm in . I'm not sure we have the lateral thinkers behind the scene at the club at the moment to identify our saviour - hope I'm wrong - other clubs seem to find these gems 

35 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Whoever we get will require the players' approval so probably someone they can push around

24 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

No chance

Big chance if they have someone lined up. Blackburn have just sacked Coyle and got Mowbray in in less than 24 hours and that's the Venky's, they couldn't organise BBQ in a chicken factory.

Archived