Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

Just now, Robin JD Popley said:

Is it? Because I remember reading all the negative tweets about him when he was hired. 

OH GOD WHY HIM?

AWFUL DECISION.

LOL, WELL DONE TOP.

You said no support from day one - until the end of his tenure. Find me the staunchest Pearsonite who didn't appreciate and thank Ranieri for last season and I'll happily concede.

1 minute ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Is it? Because I remember reading all the negative tweets about him when he was hired. 

OH GOD WHY HIM?

AWFUL DECISION.

LOL, WELL DONE TOP.

You're joking right? Seriously, find a single person who didn't swallow their pride over that. You'd have to be an utter cretin not to.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

You're joking right? Seriously, find a single person who didn't swallow their pride over that. You'd have to be an utter cretin not to.

Sadly, I'm not joking because I have seriously had conversations with people at games who still didn't want him here - even when we looked like would do it last season. They had to pick fault with something about him. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Or Niko Kovac, having a blinder at Frankfurt plus MTWG will find him dishy.

I suggested Kovac a few months back, I don't think we're an attractive proposition for any in-work manager with reasonable stock in a steady league, though. I think Monk / Wagner would turn us down, as it stands.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hiddink for a few months to keep us up, then throw mad wedge at Gio van Bronckhorst once he's wrapped up the title with Feyenoord.

Very decent shout.

I'd like us to look abroad for the next manager, the English coaching network is infamously poor even now. Van Brockhorst, De Boer, Dardai and Nagelssman all look streets ahead of any young English coach, with the possible exception of Howe.

2 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

OH GOD WHY HIM?

AWFUL DECISION.

LOL, WELL DONE TOP.

Initial reaction was that we'd sacked a manager that got us up and put us in 14th and replaced him with a man who'd lost to the Faroe Islands.

Ranieri proved us all wrong and nobody has looked back since.

Just now, Robin JD Popley said:

Sadly, I'm not joking because I have seriously had conversations with people at games who still didn't want him here - even when we looked like would do it last season. They had to pick fault with something about him. 

OK, well that is ridiculous.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I suggested Kovac a few months back, I don't think we're an attractive proposition for any in-work manager with reasonable stock in a steady league, though. I think Monk / Wagner would turn us down, as it stands.

It'd be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

Right now I don't see anyone in a job touching us but say Huddersfield stay down I think we could get Wagner.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Which is why I said Hiddink and then see.

If we stay in the Prem and throw big money around then there's no reason we can't attract a Van Bronckhorst, a Kovac or the like.

But nobody is going to leave a successful season in any reasonable league to come and risk relegation.

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Very decent shout.

I'd like us to look abroad for the next manager, the English coaching network is infamously poor even now. Van Brockhorst, De Boer, Dardai and Nagelssman all look streets ahead of any young English coach, with the possible exception of Howe.

I think DeBoer has flattered to deceive, really. I'd genuinely take Dyche over him if it was a choice between the two.

I keep hearing a lot about Howe, and a few months ago I might have been in that camp.....but they're a couple of games away from swapping places with us and being in the same position.

- Worst Defence in the League

- Not won in 2017

What is there to suggest he isn't just another Rodgers? He left Bournemouth once and failed miserably, it's his safety net.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I think DeBoer has flattered to deceive, really. I'd genuinely take Dyche over him if it was a choice between the two.

Based on what? The fact he struggled at a tempestuous Inter? The state they're in, the fact he pretty much immediately had to cope with all the Icardi mess and that he was given 85 days is all a bit harsh.

Just now, AjcW said:

He left Bournemouth once and failed miserably, it's his safety net.

Didn't he basically recruit the stars of the side that Dyche got promoted?

Ings, Trippier, Vokes, Mee, Shackell.

Hardly an unmitigated disaster. He signed Austin for them too and worked wonders with Jay Rodriguez.

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He had a rough time at Inter, granted. That said, the Juve dominance doesn't look set to be broken any time soon. 

The four straight titles at Ajax though, albeit in a poor league, suggests he can't be written off just yet.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Based on what? The fact he struggled at a tempestuous Inter? The state they're in, the fact he pretty much immediately had to cope with all the Icardi mess and that he was given 85 days is all a bit harsh.

Fair, but I wouldn't label him 'streets ahead of any young English coach.'

What we need is a motivator, I don't see Mancini as that guy, Pearson as great as he was I wouldn't want to go back, Pardew...snap, there goes my season ticket.

Three options for me...

Martin O'Neill with Roy Keane - Said it the other week, of all the times he's been linked with a return this could be the perfect time to get him back. If O'Neill & Keane can't motivate these players then nobody can.

David Wagner - Doing a phenomenal job with Huddersfield. Huddersfield this season are a bit like us of last season in terms of playing with spirit. With Wagner take the Leeds game for example and the passion he showed, we need someone like that right now.

Gary Rowett - This would be a gamble, but he's a well rated manager who was doing a great job with an average looking Birmingham team. If the worst comes to the worst and we end up getting relegated, at least we will have the foundations of a manager who knows the Championship.

8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Didn't he basically recruit the stars of the side that Dyche got promoted?

Ings, Trippier, Vokes, Mee, Shackell.

Hardly an unmitigated disaster. He signed Austin for them too and worked wonders with Jay Rodriguez.

Certainly not questioning recruitment whilst at Burnley, just making the point that his only venture away form what is clearly a comfortable job hasn't gone to plan.

His recruitment this season mind has been nothing short of terrible... whether that is his doing or not I couldn't say. 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Certainly not questioning recruitment whilst at Burnley, just making the point that his only venture away form what is clearly a comfortable job hasn't gone to plan.

His recruitment this season mind has been nothing short of terrible... whether that is his doing or not I couldn't say. 

To be fair to him, he quit Burnley to drop down a division and head back to Bournemouth because his mum died and the family wanted to be close.

Can't really fault that. 

Who knows what would've happened if he'd stayed.

41 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Mancini being backed quite big it seems,

Would crack some skulls and kick some arse thats for sure, knows how to grind a game down but also knows how to win a game 

2012 - Goals scored 93 Goals conceded 29 

Had a cracking defence to work with but knows how to tighten things up clearly, Hopefully he can get the best out of some of these players, I think collectively we've been very hard on players like Musa/Drinky/Okazaki/Ulloa/Albrighton, Who knows, Maybe fresh ideas will see them save themselves for us, I genuinely think Musa could be a class player for us in the future if we stick with him. 

Look at the young players we have

- Musa, Ndidi, Chilwell, Amartey, Gray, Kapustka, Mendy (sort of) We can mould these into very good players, it's clear these players who have come in are hardly likely to make an impact when the players who won the league for us last year can't be bothered to even get in position, get the basics right and it's like a snowball. 

If Mancini comes in, I genuinly think he could turn us around within weeks, We have 3 days to get someone in and get some belief for liverpool. 

.                  Kasper

Simpson   Wes   Benny   Chilwell

Mendy Ndidi Drinky

Albrighton                          Gray 

Slim/Leo

Back to basics.

Let's not get carried away!!!

Archived