Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

Been reading up on Mancini as there does seem to be some evidence he could be our next manager.

His style is described as well organised and very defensive. He is happy to take 1-0 wins and choke the life out of the game if needed.

He was criticised at Inter from starving the attack and being too rigid home and away. 

He is known as a very smart tactician and a good man manager, but is not without his player fall-outs and not afraid of upsetting an ego if they are underperforming.

He obviously has a decent record wherever he has been, similar to Claudio in the sense that he has managed at mainly top European Clubs.

Not sure how he will fair in a relegation battle but the idea of becoming tighter at the back and more organised could certainly help us. Similar to what Big Sam is known for and the reason he has this reputation for being able to keep teams from relegation. 

I'd still prefer Hiddink on a short-term basis, but a manager like Mancini, with bringing in his own players in the Summer, could certainly be a decent long-term appointment.

We definitely need someone with Premier League experience though. (not Pardew!) Hiddink or Mancini please

6 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Why is there this horrible little voice in my head saying "Pearson. Pearson. Pearson". Wtf is wrong with me.

Same here. Not my personal choice but I think the players want him back and he is probably the only one who could instantly restore the squad's spirit and fight.

Surely won't happen though. Even if the owners wanted him back, Pearson is far too stubborn to take a job back from owners who sacked him for his son's antics...  

My list.. but you know we will end up with Pardew. 

1) O'Neill - Already said countless times his Leicester chapter is closed. Would he come back for just 13 games though to help us?! Please!

2) Hiddink - Would get instant respect. Did the exact same job last year for Chelsea and is actually a realistic shout. 

3) Pearson - Not going to happen, but I think this is who the players want back and would actually be a huge boost to the entire squad. 

4) Mancini - Most people's no.1 choice. Just not sure if our players would take to another Italian tactician and if he could fire us up like an O'Neill or Pearson.

5) Rowett - This would be my choice if the other 4 reject us. Talented young manager who has a bright future but would still be a huge ask for him. 

Other than those, you have people like Klinsmann, Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs or personally I would love to see Gary Neville given another chance. He really knows his stuff and I think Valencia was just the wrong club for him. Neville and Giggs?! :ph34r:

No, in all seriousness. Hiddink and Mancini realistically should be what we can and will be aiming for, with Rowett or Shakespeare the ultimate option otherwise. 

Some terrifying names in that list, but some interesting ones too.

If it was the end of the season I would push for Rowett or Wagner, but it isn't! 

If we could land Hiddink to the end of the season that would be ideal for me. He has experience in the PL and as being an interim he could come in be a steadying hand and work with Shakey whilst taking the pressure off him. Give Shakey more responsibility and a chance to prove himself to be our manager next season.

Although I agree with a lot of what many people have said and there are some great managers in the mix I can't help but think what we want short term and what we want long term are two different things. We need to appoint someone until the end of the season to get us out of this scrap. Someone with Premier League experience, who understands the relegation fight (someone who isn't Pardew). It's either that or just keep Shakespeare on for me.

At the end of the season we can then re-evaluate the situation and take the time to appoint someone with a long term view. But right now we need someone who can fire up an under-performing demotivated squad is a very short space of time. I am not sure the likes of Mancini would be well equipped, nor wanting to do that.

Reality is, despite still being in the Champions League, we're a really unattractive prospect for any manager at this point. A relegation scrap that he must come out on top of or he is gone.

It's a difficult situation but I hope the owners know what they're doing. 

2 minutes ago, lcfcbaby said:

Although I agree with a lot of what many people have said and there are some great managers in the mix I can't help but think what we want short term and what we want long term are two different things. We need to appoint someone until the end of the season to get us out of this scrap. Someone with Premier League experience, who understands the relegation fight (someone who isn't Pardew). It's either that or just keep Shakespeare on for me.

At the end of the season we can then re-evaluate the situation and take the time to appoint someone with a long term view. But right now we need someone who can fire up an under-performing demotivated squad is a very short space of time. I am not sure the likes of Mancini would be well equipped, nor wanting to do that.

Reality is, despite still being in the Champions League, we're a really unattractive prospect for any manager at this point. A relegation scrap that he must come out on top of or he is gone.

It's a difficult situation but I hope the owners know what they're doing. 

I think this is exactly right and probably why we will end up with Shakespeare until the end of the season.

I would love Hiddink or O'Neill for 13 games but it isn't really in their interest to potentially have a relegation on their CV. 

I do hope that the owners have someone lined up, and that is why they took this decision as this time, or they are aware that the players just don't/can't play for Claudio anymore and even Shakespeare would do a better job at this point in time. 

It's an incredibly brave decision from the owners as they must know they are going to be heavily criticised, and it would have been much easier for them to stick with him, so they either are privy to things going on behind the scenes and HAD to make the change or they do have a very decent manager lined up, such as Hiddink.

We will know if they do by Monday I am sure. If no announcement or substantial rumour by then, then I think we can assume that Claudio has certainly lost the dressing room, to force them into a decision like this, with no alternative lined up. 

Would love O'neill or Hiddink but I highly suspect we will have a Shakespeare if we see an improved performance on Monday or failing that.... Pardew. :dry:

I've no idea, to be honest. Was very against the idea of Mancini and think it could go even more hideously wrong if hired, but maybe a fresh manager with different ideas could get us looking more solid as Benitez did Newcastle last season. Wouldn't be convinced but I'd welcome it a lot more than I would Pardew whose appointment would have me turning it in.

4 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

When do people think the new manager will be in place? I suspect that this will be a very quick turnaround. Wouldn't be surprised if we know before next weekend. 

Hopefully by Monday - to access the Liverpool game, prepare for the 6-pointer against Hull, and then after prepare for the 2nd leg.

I would personally like to see Mancini. He would attract better players if we were to stay up and I believe players like Schmeichel & Mahrez etc would all see that as a positive appointment making them more likely to stay. 

If we appoint someone like Pardew then watch the likes of those players leave at the end of the season. 

I have nothing against Pardew but he has had his chances in the prem and never really achieves anything. 

Any one of Mancini, Hiddink or O'Neil would be fine by me.  

I just hope the club take their time and make sure they make the right appointment. 

Guest bss9401
4 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Why is there this horrible little voice in my head saying "Pearson. Pearson. Pearson". Wtf is wrong with me.

It's called PTSD.

2 hours ago, lee7 said:

I would personally like to see Mancini. He would attract better players if we were to stay up and I believe players like Schmeichel & Mahrez etc would all see that as a positive appointment making them more likely to stay. 

If we appoint someone like Pardew then watch the likes of those players leave at the end of the season. 

I have nothing against Pardew but he has had his chances in the prem and never really achieves anything. 

Any one of Mancini, Hiddink or O'Neil would be fine by me.  

I just hope the club take their time and make sure they make the right appointment. 

I honestly don't believe CR would have gone unless the owners knew who they wanted and had sounded that person out - Mancini will be in the stands Monday night having been announced that morning. 

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Been reading up on Mancini as there does seem to be some evidence he could be our next manager.

His style is described as well organised and very defensive. He is happy to take 1-0 wins and choke the life out of the game if needed.

He was criticised at Inter from starving the attack and being too rigid home and away. 

He is known as a very smart tactician and a good man manager, but is not without his player fall-outs and not afraid of upsetting an ego if they are underperforming.

He obviously has a decent record wherever he has been, similar to Claudio in the sense that he has managed at mainly top European Clubs.

Not sure how he will fair in a relegation battle but the idea of becoming tighter at the back and more organised could certainly help us. Similar to what Big Sam is known for and the reason he has this reputation for being able to keep teams from relegation. 

I'd still prefer Hiddink on a short-term basis, but a manager like Mancini, with bringing in his own players in the Summer, could certainly be a decent long-term appointment.

We definitely need someone with Premier League experience though. (not Pardew!) Hiddink or Mancini please

That sounds awful.

Sure, right now it is about results, but our team is about pressing and attacking. We've seen how poor we are when we try to be defensive and invite pressure on us in our half. We need to defend from the front and attack.

Craig Shakespeare.

I feel continuity would really help the team right now.

From what we're hearing their is far too much player power right now in the club.

Would Mancini come in and tolerate that, I seriously doubt it. I think he'd come and dismantle it which defeats the object.

Even if we bring in somebody new, I'd still look at it short term until end the of May and then bring in a new manager to move forward. 

Which kind of backs up the "recruitment process starts now"

Archived