Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Players Twitter

54 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

All of this is very nice but means nothing if it doesn't directly affect what's going on on the pitch. 

If this lot show ANYTHING less than 110% Monday night I will be livid. Go out there and do it for Claudio boys, you owe it to him. 

They wont be doing it for Claudio though will they!

If they were bothered about Claudio they would have been putting it in months ago.

They may be doing it for their mate Shakespeare though, and that is all we can hope.

10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

This is all so managed it's a joke.

Did they do this when Pearson left? No, because the club wasn't desperately trying to manage its PR.

lol it's so blatant, but in fairness some of the messages do seem genuine. As long as it takes some heat off of the club it's a good thing

I dont understand why so many people here and the media, pundits etc point the finger at vardy over Claudios sacking. Vardy was being picked in the team even though he wasnt scoring. Why would vardy go behind his back and try and get him sacked, how many other managers would have stuck by vardy with such a long goal drought. I think if anyone went behind his back its more likely to be players that are not getting picked.

1 minute ago, foxinmyhouse said:

I dont understand why so many people here and the media, pundits etc point the finger at vardy over Claudios sacking. Vardy was being picked in the team even though he wasnt scoring. Why would vardy go behind his back and try and get him sacked, how many other managers would have stuck by vardy with such a long goal drought. I think if anyone went behind his back its more likely to be players that are not getting picked.

Just because he was being picked doesn't mean he was enjoying his football

no service

lack of pressing

body language shrugging at claudio etc

24/36

5/22

People are getting their knickers far too twisted for their own good in here.

There has clearly been an element of management here but that doesn't mean what the players have said wasn't genuine. They've clearly had a chance to say goodbye in person anyway, so why does what they say publicly matter other than to appease the media? 

53 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. There has been no conspiracy to get rid of Claudio. Sorme were asked their opinion. The owners took soundings from several sources these last couple of weeks. No one feels this is solely down to Claudio, but the owners feel a change needs to be made to give us a chance of survival. This lack of effort thing is false too. Some players are woefully out of form. Others devoid of confidence.

The club as a whole has struggled to manage the euphoria of last season, and a series of events have led to a catastrophic lack of self belief and confidence. The hope is that a change of conductor does enough to allow us to survive, but there is also acknowledgement that there are other problems. 

The owners decided to make the change based on their own research. It is a collective failure for which Claudio, sadly, has carried the can. He won't be the last.

I agree with this, the player revolt thing seems to be overblown.

The idea that you wouldn't have any respect for the manager that helped you deliver one of the greatest stories in modern football history is just laughable.

But having respect for the man and winning footy matches are 2 different things. The reasons for our decline are just as multi-faceted and subtle as the reasons for our success last, and should not be reduced to 'it's all Claudio's fault' or 'it's all the players fault'. That's just lazy, tabloid-style thinking.

19 hours ago, foxinmyhouse said:

Maybe Vardy doesn't like the formation..or the tactics..or the service. There's a 100 things Vardy may not like & that could riled him.

It's not like Vardy's your boy-next-door.

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

To be fair, most players have pr agents.

ive listened to many of vardys interviews, eternal gratitude?> extremely hurtful etc doesn't strike me as his type of vocabulary 

He might not be a bard but that's not exactly high level form vocab.

I was inclined to slag the players off but I honestly have been on wholly dysfunctional teams where the coach just didn't have the answers. We loved the coach, but it wasn't working and we didn't have the means to fix it ourselves. 

Source: Was on an American football university level team that went 0-10 in  2011-12. Coach was fired; we all cared for him and had a good relationship but it just wasn't working. Dysfunction had set in. 

New coach following season (I'd graduated, one of 4 seniors who moved on that had been starters) and they go 7-4 and miss national playoffs on the last day of the season. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/25/jamie-vardy-denies-leicester-players-plotted-oust-ranieri

Jamie Vardy denies Leicester players plotted to oust Claudio Ranieri

Writing on Instagram, Vardy said: “I must have written and deleted my words to this post a stupid amount of times! I owed [it to] Claudio to find the right and appropriate words! Claudio has and always will have my complete respect!

“There is speculation I was involved in his dismissal and this [is] completely untrue, unfounded and is extremely hurtful! The only thing we are guilty of as a team is underachieving which we all acknowledge both in the dressing room and publicly and will do our best to rectify. I wish Claudio the very very best in whatever the future holds for him. Thank you Claudio for everything.”

Pretty sure they've all been on a media ban until instructed otherwise and then all been asked to post something along similar lines. They've all thanked him for what happened last season, they've all wished him the best and added their own little personal touch. Maybe cynical from me but I'm not daft enough to think that this is all a coincidence.  

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

To be fair, most players have pr agents.

ive listened to many of vardys interviews, eternal gratitude?> extremely hurtful etc doesn't strike me as his type of vocabulary 

Eternal gratitude isn't exactly "onomatopoeia", it seems pretty clear to me that Vardy wrote it.

19 hours ago, Bert said:

Pretty sure they've all been on a media ban until instructed otherwise and then all been asked to post something along similar lines. They've all thanked him for what happened last season, they've all wished him the best and added their own little personal touch. Maybe cynical from me but I'm not daft enough to think that this is all a coincidence.  

yep..& they all started after day-2..   not in drips-n-drabs.. :D

Archived