Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

thought about starting a new thread for this but decided against it cos of the backlog but it is important

Why do some of our fans insist on reinforcing the public perception of Pearson as a Neanderthal backwards manager. Pearson was not a basic, simple and stupidly aggressive manager as much of the media and more disturbingly our fans seem to believe - hence why the players want him back. Pearson was one of most progressive managers we have ever had, listening to new technology on both scouting and fitness - and a largely responsible for the cutting-edge infrastructure we had last year. Also despite his gruff exterior to the media, in terms of player management he was extremly progressive and empathetic. After Wayne Brown voted BNP he more or less sacked him the day before our biggest game in ten years. After Paul Gallagher's wife gave birth to a stillborn he understood something are more important than football and gave Gallagher unlimited time to grieve. He also kept the faith in both Vardy and Drinkwater when the fans had decided they were not good enough. The send off he gave to Bruno Berner was a lesson in grace and class. There are so many things Pearson has done at this club, which demonstrate the media mainstream portrayal of him is plainly wrong.

I understand the national media portraying Pearson as a Neanderthal - they know eff all. I really don't understand our fans doing the same.

54 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Pearson did wonders for this club, but he reached his level. He is a top class championship manager but not tactically astute enough to go further than that in a winning capacity. As far as I'm aware, we are still in the Prem and still have 13 games to play. I don't think we should be focusing on good championship managers just yet. 

I don't know, we finished 14th with him so that's a tad harsh. We'd have done ok with him last year as well I have no doubt.

If the players have really expressed to the Owners their desire for a Pearson's return, then fair enough. But having listened closely  I'd like to think they'd weigh it all up and do the complete opposite. The players have caused enough damage for one season.

3 minutes ago, eblair said:

thought about starting a new thread for this but decided against it cos of the backlog but it is important

Why do some of our fans insist on reinforcing the public perception of Pearson as a Neanderthal backwards manager. Pearson was not a basic, simple and stupidly aggressive manager as much of the media and more disturbingly our fans seem to believe - hence why the players want him back. Pearson was one of most progressive managers we have ever had, listening to new technology on both scouting and fitness - and a largely responsible for the cutting-edge infrastructure we had last year. Also despite his gruff exterior to the media, in terms of player management he was extremly progressive and empathetic. After Wayne Brown voted BNP he more or less sacked him the day before our biggest game in ten years. After Paul Gallagher's wife gave birth to a stillborn he understood something are more important than football and gave Gallagher unlimited time to grieve. He also kept the faith in both Vardy and Drinkwater when the fans had decided they were not good enough. The send off he gave to Bruno Berner was a lesson in grace and class. There are so many things Pearson has done at this club, which demonstrate the media mainstream portrayal of him is plainly wrong.

I understand the national media portraying Pearson as a Neanderthal - they know eff all. I really don't understand our fans doing the same.

I loved Pearson, I remember him after a match in the great escape coming over to the crowd and giving fist pumps, getting excited and really getting involved, he made a connection with us fans, however I also remember hIm persevering with 5-4-1 despite it being obviously disastrous, and keeping Albrighton on the bench despite him being our best winger and the fact is, we need to change the style of football we play, we need to change to a possession hungry, passing side more in tune with the modern game, can Pearson achieve that?

1 minute ago, teblin said:

We may have still won the league with him, we just won't ever know.

Unless he's re-employed and miracle no 3 happens. I don't really want to see him back, but it's not up to any of us who the Owners choose to throw bundles of money at to get us out of this mess, and I would support their decision. (the other miracle you're wondering about is winning The Champions League lol )

7 minutes ago, teblin said:

We may have still won the league with him, we just won't ever know.

confident enough to say we wouldn't. 

He would have brought back the diamond after getting slaughtered by Arsenal! 

Nigel was a tactical novice. Claudio was a tactical superman. What happened to Claudio over the summer? 

I can't quite believe that people actually believe for even a second that the Thai owners would sack the most successful manager in the clubs history and replace him with Nigel Pearson for a third time. His position was quoted as being untenable last time, it simply isn't going to happen and I wouldn't want it to. We need to move on from this. Pearson's last job tainted his reputation and he is now considered a Championship manager at best.

11 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I loved Pearson, I remember him after a match in the great escape coming over to the crowd and giving fist pumps, getting excited and really getting involved, he made a connection with us fans, however I also remember hIm persevering with 5-4-1 despite it being obviously disastrous, and keeping Albrighton on the bench despite him being our best winger and the fact is, we need to change the style of football we play, we need to change to a possession hungry, passing side more in tune with the modern game, can Pearson achieve that?

Oh ffs, was last season not enough to debunk the modern day possession football myth? I give up.

14 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Was with you until you said this. If we try to play a possession game we are down. For the last time, we do not have the players to play that way, nor will we ever have the players to do it better than everyone else.

The reason Claudio was progressive is because he knew that and we started employing our own fast paced style which was great to watch and very effective. 

The above poster is correct that Pearson was very forward thinking in a lot of his management behind the scenes. But tactically he was very backward and it stunted a very talented squad (which yes, he built). With 13 games left a lot will depend on tactics, not his long term plan. 

My point is, for all his strengths, a manager like Pearson can only take you so far. He's not tactically astute enough to make the most of his other undeniable talents as a manager.

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The reaction of some of the willy pullers on here if he comes back is reason enough to want it lollol

Following GaelicFox's post saying a £100 bet in a Leicester shop would be enough to make a candidate odds on its almost worth a £100 to watch some people go into panic!

Anyone fancy chipping in? :crylaugh: 

Guest CityFan 06

I'm undecided about Pearson coming back for a third time. Not sure how or if it'd work. Having said this, one thing that we can be pretty assured on, these group of players will play for him. 

Archived