Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

29 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Totally agree.

Listening to the radio on Friday, after CR's dismissal, there were a number of 'Pearsonites' on the various phone-ins.

The untold glee in their voices was bloody sickening !

Just out of curiosity, what are the realistic points you'd like to make against Pearson?

The general talk of "Pearson haters" (yes, let's pick up here where we left off last time) usually circles around his portrayal in the media and rumours.

All these negative attributes connected to him, for most part made up by the media who never warmed up to him because he couldn't give a toss about press conferences (and you can agree with him or not on that subject, given the sports press in the UK I think he has a point), have been pretty much debunked.

Pearson wouldn't have won the league last season. However with the way he was building our squad, I'd say we'd have finished in the top half & this year challenging for top 8 if he was still in charge.

Every year there is clear progression with Pearson.

6 minutes ago, Watson said:

Oh ffs, was last season not enough to debunk the modern day possession football myth? I give up.

No, it wasn't, we took the league by storm last season but you need alternative tools in your box and we don't have them, that's a contributing factor to our position this season, the league found us out and shut us down. That's a big factor where Ranieri went wrong, he didn't prepare for it. It's like my point about Pearson and his 5-4-1. It worked great against Arsenal where they left us space for Vardy to run into, but the following games teams just had the fullbacks stand off limiting the space and Cambiasso had no outlet. You have to have a plan b and c

12 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Was with you until you said this. If we try to play a possession game we are down. For the last time, we do not have the players to play that way, nor will we ever have the players to do it better than everyone else.

The reason Claudio was progressive is because he knew that and we started employing our own fast paced style which was great to watch and very effective. 

The above poster is correct that Pearson was very forward thinking in a lot of his management behind the scenes. But tactically he was very backward and it stunted a very talented squad (which yes, he built). With 13 games left a lot will depend on tactics, not his long term plan. 

My point is, for all his strengths, a manager like Pearson can only take you so far. He's not tactically astute enough to make the most of his other undeniable talents as a manager.

agree with you about pearson tactically not always being the most astute but he certainly has his moments - QPR away, Play-offs against Watford (i know we lost, but tactically he called the games we all thought we get battered in). But he also consistently delivered his targets with us. Also for the long-term I trust Pearson more than any other manager to build us into a proper football club again. I'm not sure whether you being right about the next 13 games coming down to tactics as opposed to reinvigorating a dressing room who had lost faith with the manager. Despite the shite the media are coming out with, we have some very talented players who should be more than capable of getting us out of this scrap -  and hopefully a boost to moral should do this. I might be wrong but I think our problems are more psychological than tactical, which is why I would want Pearson back (although I say that slightly tentatively) 

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

No, it wasn't, we took the league by storm last season but you need alternative tools in your box and we don't have them, that's a contributing factor to our position this season, the league found us out and shut us down. That's a big factor where Ranieri went wrong, he didn't prepare for it. It's like my point about Pearson and his 5-4-1. It worked great against Arsenal where they left us space for Vardy to run into, but the following games teams just had the fullbacks stand off limiting the space and Cambiasso had no outlet. You have to have a plan b and c

I would say we regressed I terms of style the longer Ranieri was here. Becoming increasingly focused on long balls all the time rather than it being just one weapon, it became the only weapon.

Long term we'd need to look at having a bit more possession, but for now just finding different ways to attack would be a start. We're so predictable that it's painful.

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

How could he and the Thai's ever work together again. Surely their relationship is broken beyond repair?

Whoever said there was a massive fall out?

It's not as if there was a protracted legal battle.

Wasn't he guest of the owners at Swansea a few weeks ago? Or did I imagine it?

I'm full of respect for what NP did for LCFC. I don't care that he didn't like the media, half the time they don't deserve it.

BUT

irrespective of his reluctance to jettison that scrote of a son, which finally cost him his relationship with the owners, we absolutely have to lok forward, not backwards.

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I would say we regressed I terms of style the longer Ranieri was here. Becoming increasingly focused on long balls all the time rather than it being just one weapon, it became the only weapon.

Long term we'd need to look at having a bit more possession, but for now just finding different ways to attack would be a start. We're so predictable that it's painful.

Following the last, unbelievable, season, the whole club has regressed massively.

It has become fat, complacent, greedy. All the good work that Pearson and Walsh did has been undone. We've lost focus, we've lost desire. 

We've also signed some rubbish players who haven't fit into how we play at all and our signings were completely imbalanced. We signed too many offensive players when we should have tidied up the defence, for example.

And you're right...the longer Ranieri was here, the worse it got.

Im of the belief that he did a massive amount of good for the club...winning the league was just bizarre and awesome. But since then, he's done a large amount of damage too.

Yet people haven't seen this and would have kept him longer. Strange stuff.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Following the last, unbelievable, season, the whole club has regressed massively.

It has become fat, complacent, greedy. All the good work that Pearson and Walsh did has been undone. We've lost focus, we've lost desire. 

We've also signed some rubbish players who haven't fit into how we play at all and our signings were completely imbalanced. We signed too many offensive players when we should have tidied up the defence, for example.

Im of the belief that he did a massive amount of good for the club...winning the league was just bizarre and awesome. But since then, he's done a large amount of damage too.

wow he does talk sense sometimes!

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I think anyone who looks into the small details and the background stuff about the club like many of us do on here will probably understand.

I'd wager the scorn is coming from people who either don't go all the time, or don't actually concern themselves with all the background details of how the club runs.

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I know, my heart says Pearson, my head says move on

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Following GaelicFox's post saying a £100 bet in a Leicester shop would be enough to make a candidate odds on its almost worth a £100 to watch some people go into panic!

Anyone fancy chipping in? :crylaugh: 

I'm game lol 

i reckon make 50 pages in 4 hours that thread 

lol

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I know, my heart says Pearson, my head says move on

I need to dig out my post from a while back where I said something like Ranieri had lost me and I thought he needed to go. My only reservation was that we'd no doubt end up chasing Hiddink and O'Neill, fail again and turn to Pearson. lol

12 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

The only thing I think is, the Thais seem honourable and have said said Claudio bough prestige and quality to the LCFC / King Power brand.

I honestly think the impact Big Nige would have Would keep us up but I reckon the owners may feel re-appointing him may damage their reputation in Thailand 

Is there any evidence for this? I mean they've done great things for the club but for people who've made shed loads of money on crap duty free they're made out to be absolute saints. It seems to be completely based on some assumption that all Thai people are honourable and compassionate.

I'm starting to think this is going to happen. They obviously fire managers without any kind of replacements lined up and I can't see us attracting anybody other than out of work English managers. So out of Pearson and Pardew I'll be praying for NP, although I think it really will be ridiculous getting him back for the 3rd (4th?) time.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You haven't done much background reading into what happened at Derby have you. 

What actually happened? I tried reading a bit about it at the time but seemed like it was all speculation about drones and fistfights.

Archived