Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Liverpool post match 3-1

37 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Flipping heck, our first goals and win I'm 2017 in the league, played pretty well and you still moan. For God's sake man learn to enjoy the game a little! Hull is still a few days away! Enjoy this win! 

He's obviously a Ranieri FC supporter,wait till he finds a new club and seya later.

28 minutes ago, coatsworth999 said:

That tribute today to ranieri was not only embrassing, it was also an offence to the Thai owners. And also, I feel it played apart in the players losing concentration and cost us their goal..

luckily it didn't have any further effect!

But ranieris gone, everyone needs to get over it now, and move on 

Really? You don't think the players would have expected a tribute of some sort? Singing his name was a mark of respect and it was a song not a pitch invasion, hardly a distraction. There was a stoppage in the game at the time anyway. If Mahrez had moved his arse and tracked the forward runner that played Coutinho in, there wouldn't have been a goal.

11 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Because Ranieri told them to go out and play shit, yep of course he did :blink:

:unsure:

Come on man, for **** sake. That isn't what he put, is it? Ranieri has clearly been trying to change our style and identity and it has persistently failed. That failure has resulted in the players becoming disillusioned, losing all confidence and potentially therefore putting in less effort. Is it REALLY so hard to wrap your head around that you have to persist with this farcical act of non-understanding? 

Jeez. 

2 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

Come on man, for **** sake. That isn't what he put, is it? Ranieri has clearly been trying to change our style and identity and it has persistently failed. That failure has resulted in the players becoming disillusioned, losing all confidence and potentially therefore putting in less effort. Is it REALLY so hard to wrap your head around that you have to persist with this farcical act of non-understanding? 

Jeez. 

Yeah come on,what about bob? More like bob ostrich fox,wake up man.

7 minutes ago, iancognito said:

No he didn't, that's a daft statement and nothing like what I said but he was changing the tactics trying new things and they weren't working. In his own words after (IIRC) Southampton "I have asked my players to do something different and it hasn't worked so maybe we go back to basics after today"

If Ranieri came out and said I have told the players to sit off the opposition and try and keep the ball more I would be a little surprised to say the least, there is little or no proof this whole sorry mess has been anything to do with Claudio at all. The players simply haven't put the effort in that much is very clear. As to exactly why? Only an insider would truly know

4 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

Jeez. 

Me old, you are very entitled to your humble opinions as am I 

the players simply didn't put the effort in under Ranieri that much is now plainly obvious

i just genuinely hope we actually try and win games put some effort in and get clear of the relegation zone

up the City. :D

Just now, Bob Weasel Fox said:

If Ranieri came out and said I have told the players to sit off the opposition and try and keep the ball more I would be a little surprised to say the least, there is little or no proof this whole sorry mess has been anything to do with Claudio at all. The players simply haven't put the effort in that much is very clear. As to exactly why? Only an insider would truly know

don't see how you can have it both ways. last year was on CR but not this year? imo this year is about CR changing things up and it's failed  

13 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Really? You don't think the players would have expected a tribute of some sort? Singing his name was a mark of respect and it was a song not a pitch invasion, hardly a distraction. There was a stoppage in the game at the time anyway. If Mahrez had moved his arse and tracked the forward runner that played Coutinho in, there wouldn't have been a goal.

I'm all up for a tribute to him, but at the end of the game...but they do it at a crucial moment, and  the players would come out of the zone, then 2 mins later goal..is it connected??

During that time 5 of us sang' Leicester, Leicester...the entire time..

as no ones bigger than this club, not lineker, not Walsh and especially not ranieri 

21 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

According to whom?

Have you been in the dressing room or on 

the training grounds?

Ranieri? 

Have you not seen him shouting at players to maintain position and not close down, particularly in wide areas? 

Just now, biggs said:

don't see how you can have it both ways. last year was on CR but not this year? imo this year is about CR changing things up and it's failed  

To a degree I do agree, of course the manager should take his fair share of the blame for things going wrong as much he took his fair share of the plaudits when Leicester won the title 

to that end the players must also take their fair share of the blame also

jist trying to be fair and even about the situation 

we all want what's best generally and that is City winning and playing well  :D

After getting up at all hours in Melbourne to watch pure shit this year, watching that felt like Christmas had come early.

Absolutely ****ing fantastic, really pleasantly surprised by how good Okazaki & Fuchs were and it was a true joy to watch Kasper celebrating the goals. It's truly motivating seeing how much our success means to the guy

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Great result. Part of me is annoyed that they didn't put in this level for Claudio, but back out the bottom 3. Win vs Hull and Shakey has to have it

They didn't put in this level for ranieri because he did not understand the players he had and their collective abilities. It's that simple . Shakespeare was there when they were assembled and knows them all personally and what they can do given the right tactics.

Ranieri was very lucky to come in as manager on what was already a winning formula based on what you saw tonight. the minute he had to be a real manager and not ride the winning horse he inherited he fell flat on his face. 

He was not manager tonight Shakespeare was and the difference was astounding. This game should have told you all that was wrong with Ranieri and just why the owners got rid.  The players have spoken in the only way they can with this performance , no one will really miss Ranieri at the club one little bit.

Ranieri got ambition mixed up with ability and was found out . He wasn't the reason we won the league last season that reason was already in place. 

4 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Shoutout to Fuchs who has struggled more than most this season. Was class tonight just like the rest of the team. 

He was awesome! Makes it harder to understand why indiviudally, players like him have been so bad!

I thought the pressure and negative press would only add to our troubles tonight and we would play with more fear and indecision.

I couldn't have been more wrong, we played so well and I'm sure this will be a huge boost for our confidence.

I thought it was the worst timing to face a team like Liverpool, as even if we played well, I thought we could lose. Beating them and in style will be a huge lift to us.

We will rightly think we can beat anybody again now. 

Jamie Carragher proudly proclaims himself a horse's ass: "Leicester should be ashamed": 

"Leicester were brilliant, absolutely superb tonight," Carragher said on Monday Night Football.

"But they have won the game by energy, closing people down, being horrible and being difficult to play against.

"That's not tactics, that's not having great players. That's having something inside you. It is right that they are asked questions because it wasn't as though we were suddenly seeing 11 fantastic footballers, we were just seeing a team fully committed.

"I've been watching football for a very, very long time and I don't think I've ever seen a game of football where two teams should come off the pitch and hang their heads in shame - Liverpool for how bad they were and Leicester for how good they were on the back of how poor they've been, just through effort and commitment.

"We saw Jamie Vardy going down on the floor exhausted, but more through relief they'd got that win because they've been battered.

"I've been a big part of that and that still doesn't change it for me. In some ways it may even reinforce that they haven't done enough for Claudio Ranieri."

Vardy acknowledged that the team were determined to prove a  point, but he also confirmed that a change in tactics was also responsible for the victory: 

Vardy: "Shakespeare told me to play a lot higher and exploit weaknesses where we thought we would hurt Liverpool," Vardy added. "I've done that tonight and managed to get in behind quite a lot.

I don't know -- maybe these pundits get paid by the amount of outrage they can generate.

38 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Umm, the forward runner was Emre Can who was playing at centerback in a three-man back line. It's not Mahrez's responsibility to track a centerback 40 yards from where he's supposed to be. Mahrez had to stay wide to cover Alberto Moreno who was specifically subbed in to play left wing back. The fault of the goal falls on Okazaki and central midfield for letting a CB roam and play a ball at the edge of the 18-yard-box. 

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

They didn't put in this level for ranieri because he did not understand the players he had and their collective abilities. It's that simple . Shakespeare was there when they were assembled and knows them all personally and what they can do given the right tactics.

Ranieri was very lucky to come in as manager on what was already a winning formula based on what you saw tonight. the minute he had to be a real manager and not ride the winning horse he inherited he fell flat on his face. 

He was not manager tonight Shakespeare was and the difference was astounding. This game should have told you all that was wrong with Ranieri and just why the owners got rid.  The players have spoken in the only way they can with this performance , no one will really miss Ranieri at the club one little bit.

Ranieri got ambition mixed up with ability and was found out . He wasn't the reason we won the league last season that reason was already in place. 

I have to disagree. You cannot luck a Premier League title win - and let's not whitewash history to suggest he just let Pearson's team get on with it. He refined what we had in the Great Escape and recognised some things that we'd never seen before. He dropped our top goalscorer and made Vardy the main man, switched from Pearson's three at the back to four, changed Vardy's role, swapped out the full backs etc. We had a game plan last season to maximise what we had with our tactics and it worked. He is a very experienced manager and I know we would not have won the league with Pearson (or anyone else I can conceivably think of). 

I am leaning more towards the idea that maybe he overthought this season, tried to set us up for an OK league campaign and a good crack at the Champions League but it backfired. We don't have the team or mentality to be more patient or to rotate and it frustrated the players. Maybe an element of Claudio himself resisting criticism and getting arrogant from winning the league and getting all the plaudits, coupled with players who were now league title winners on more money than they could imagine. That's the only way I can really rationalise how we have played this season and why we turned it on again last night. 

1 hour ago, boobagab said:

Umm, the forward runner was Emre Can who was playing at centerback in a three-man back line. It's not Mahrez's responsibility to track a centerback 40 yards from where he's supposed to be. Mahrez had to stay wide to cover Alberto Moreno who was specifically subbed in to play left wing back. The fault of the goal falls on Okazaki and central midfield for letting a CB roam and play a ball at the edge of the 18-yard-box. 

Mahrez was 5 yards away from him when he got the ball, started to track back then just stopped and let him go. Maybe I'm being unfair because in a game where the team gave everything, Mahrez was half-paced and moving about like a fly in a jam jar

1 minute ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

I have to disagree. You cannot luck a Premier League title win - and let's not whitewash history to suggest he just let Pearson's team get on with it. He refined what we had in the Great Escape and recognised some things that we'd never seen before. He dropped our top goalscorer and made Vardy the main man, switched from Pearson's three at the back to four, changed Vardy's role, swapped out the full backs etc. We had a game plan last season to maximise what we had with our tactics and it worked. He is a very experienced manager and I know we would not have won the league with Pearson (or anyone else I can conceivably think of). 

I am leaning more towards the idea that maybe he overthought this season, tried to set us up for an OK league campaign and a good crack at the Champions League but it backfired. We don't have the team or mentality to be more patient or to rotate and it frustrated the players. Maybe an element of Claudio himself resisting criticism and getting arrogant from winning the league and getting all the plaudits, coupled with players who were now league title winners on more money than they could imagine. That's the only way I can really rationalise how we have played this season and why we turned it on again last night. 

He didn't get lucky, I'll never buy that either. You can carry a team for a few games with luck and momentum but he spearheaded the whole season with his banter and subtle changes when needed. I just think this season he changed things that didn't need changing. The pressing game has been missing and he was trying to get us to do more with the ball and retain possession which isn't what we do best. He's spent two thirds of the season trying to accomodate players like Slimani, Mendy and Musa when the only player he's needed all along has been Ndidi who has been exceptional for a 20 year old new to the league.

5 hours ago, coatsworth999 said:

That tribute today to ranieri was not only embrassing, it was also an offence to the Thai owners. And also, I feel it played apart in the players losing concentration and cost us their goal..

luckily it didn't have any further effect!

But ranieris gone, everyone needs to get over it now, and move on 

No, it wasnt embarrasing, it was the fans saying their goodbyes and thanks , to a recognised Leicester legend.

Nothing more.!!

I supported the owners descision, I was footballing terms heartbroken, I wanted him to get the season.

That said there was always a but!!

The management knew they had an hard descision to make, I can only applaud them...

The fans tribute last night was simply that a tribute, well done to the terraces.:D :blush: :scarf:

Archived