Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Liverpool post match 3-1

8 minutes ago, iamafox said:

Saturday is where it will matter more though.

Shaky seemed spot on with his attitude to that. Absolutely delighted with the players for tonight's performance "and training for the Hull game starts tomorrow". 

One game at a time and fully focused. Love it. 

17 minutes ago, iamafox said:

What a performance, what a victory.

Saturday is where it will matter more though.

If we score first, we'll put Hull to the sword and win easily. 

We showed today that regardless of what a lot of the media have said, we're a very good team when we play to our potential.

Thought there was a huge difference in pitch side activity this evening which helped. Too often this season, Claudio cut a lonely isolated figure on the side sadly.

Tonight Shaky was asking, consulting and cajoling his back room team and the players coming to the area. You could see him mouthing 451 once they scored. 

28 minutes ago, Phube said:

Just watching MOTD, didn't notice it during the game, but that drag back by Mahrez before the Fuch's cross was simple yet sooo effective! 

And Fuchs turn just before he put the cross in with his right foot :scarf:

It was like watching proper football.

One of the sweetest wins I can remember. Every player did his job with tremendous energy and commitment  (well, perhaps Mahrez was an exception) and the crowd was perfect in every way. Albrighton and Vardy especially were players utterly transformed while Ndidi was immense.

i look forward to seeing what all those idiot bandwagon-jumping pundits and journalists feel about Ranieri's sacking now.

Oh, I see that Carragher is saying our players should hang their heads in shame? Really, why's that then? For not losing to your beloved Liverpool? Or for just making you look like a complete moron after your inane bleatings over the past few days.

Has anyone heard from Michael Owen yet? I imagine he's probably gone into hiding.

Ranieri got the tribute he deserved, which was really wonderful, but as most of us have been saying on here, his dismissal was the right call. End of.

A joyous evening all round.

We set the tone in the first few minutes of the game and Liverpool never really got out of their shell after that.

I expected Liverpool to be the ones with huge energy and intense pressing, after their 2 week break and the way Klopp likes to play.

We were so fired up and I think it intimidated Liverpool. Was great to see our "average" players get stuck in and battle for everything.

Obviously Liverpool has brief spells, and passed it very neatly in and around the box, but our defending was much improved. 

Reminded me of last season, where it was difficult to pick out a player who deserved MOTM, as you could have picked most of them! 

Vardy gets it for his goals and rightly so, but I thought N'didi was fantastic, as well as the whole back 4 and Albrighton was brilliant.

I'm far less concerned now, as we know that we still have that in us and no matter who we play, we can beat them with that kind of energy and determination.

If I was Shakey, I would be telling them that this performance and result means nothing unless we follow it up with a win against Hull. 

Feeling a lot more optimistic now. Be a different test at the weekend, as Hull won't allow us space and we may have to find a different way of breaking them down. 

41 minutes ago, Phube said:

Just watching MOTD, didn't notice it during the game, but that drag back by Mahrez before the Fuch's cross was simple yet sooo effective! 

But loads of people still slagging him off. 

He played to orders tonight and being out wide, meant they had to keep a couple of players in his vicinity. Sometimes you can be effective without the ball. 

Looks like Mahrez is the next target for the boo boys. 

1 minute ago, BoyJones said:

But loads of people still slagging him off. 

He played to orders tonight and being out wide, meant they had to keep a couple of players in his vicinity. Sometimes you can be effective without the ball. 

Looks like Mahrez is the next target for the boo boys. 

He might have had a couple of good touches,  it doesn't mean people can't point out the fact he was well off the pace compared to the others.

6 minutes ago, FuchingKante said:

Amazing, the bellends on Facebook and twitter seem to hate us even more right now ??? love it

I'm arguing with one now who is saying we won't win the title again without Claudio or Kante...

Interesting to see people who seem to think we all expect us to be regular title challengers lol

5 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Jesus, people.

It was just one game, in which we had 

33% possession.

This thread looks like a replica of the 

ManCity post match threat.

The Hull game will be the true yardstick.

Another 6-points match.

It's a bit early for celebrations. We are

still deep in trouble.

Do you realize that?

I bet they love you at parties....:P

10 minutes ago, maddog said:

Wow.

Those players must have hated Claudio with a passion. 

Why???

Because he always protected them?

Btw: if you are right, then Vardy, Mahrez, Albrighton

and Schmeichel are all liars, because they said in

public, that they respect CR and will be forever grateful

to him for last season.

Archived