Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Liverpool post match 3-1

Guest Danny Clender

No team would have beaten Leicester last night based on that performance. 

Liverpool were terrible because we made them look terrible. They were obliterated in the first 20 minutes and could not keep up. 

It was so strange to watch in terms of the comparisons to this years other games, it was extraordinary.

You can have all the skill and strength in the world, be the world's best tackler, most accurate passer but if your mind is not on it, it makes no difference at all. For me, that was the biggest revelation last night, the true LCFC mentality was back, we had intensity and we actually battled.

I certainly see no reason why Saturdays game won't change too far from this.

Play like we did last night and that CL QF spot is looking sweet. 

Carragher actually said the sacking showed that money was a problem with the game. A man who works for Sky Sports.

Also I don't think this sacking was made with the ambition of just surviving perpetually, quite the opppsite. Shows we have much greater ambitions than that.

3 hours ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

I have to disagree. You cannot luck a Premier League title win - and let's not whitewash history to suggest he just let Pearson's team get on with it. He refined what we had in the Great Escape and recognised some things that we'd never seen before. He dropped our top goalscorer and made Vardy the main man, switched from Pearson's three at the back to four, changed Vardy's role, swapped out the full backs etc. We had a game plan last season to maximise what we had with our tactics and it worked. He is a very experienced manager and I know we would not have won the league with Pearson (or anyone else I can conceivably think of). 

I am leaning more towards the idea that maybe he overthought this season, tried to set us up for an OK league campaign and a good crack at the Champions League but it backfired. We don't have the team or mentality to be more patient or to rotate and it frustrated the players. Maybe an element of Claudio himself resisting criticism and getting arrogant from winning the league and getting all the plaudits, coupled with players who were now league title winners on more money than they could imagine. That's the only way I can really rationalise how we have played this season and why we turned it on again last night. 

Spot on.

And here's another thought, very much alongside a lot of what has been suggested by people trying NOT to point the finger - I wonder whether Claudio just made the massive mistake in OVERRATING our players individually - thinking too highly of them - and believing they could be a 'purer' team (in the minds of many) rather than accepting and embracing what makes our players work to their optimum.

That would certainly be a 'no-fault' solution, and help explain away the bizarre loyalty to certain players and reluctance to drop favourites........he really believed they could be better individuals than they really are, rather than work on the team ethos of pressing and countering.

Something like that - apologies if I have inadvertently repeated someone else's thoughts...

19 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Carragher actually said the sacking showed that money was a problem with the game. A man who works for Sky Sports.

Also I don't think this sacking was made with the ambition of just surviving perpetually, quite the opppsite. Shows we have much greater ambitions than that.

Carragher is becoming ever more hypocritical by the week imo.

He started out in punditry as quite fresh and a bit different, alas he's got sucked into the bullshit media world just like the others.

6 hours ago, MPH said:

In fairness the writing was on the wall from Ranis fhe started talking about 'the Italian tactical way'

Agree. Over the weeks ,months and deep into the future, this period will be discussed, and many will bring emotions,

a few will bring conspiracy theories.

Claudio's tactics into the new season seemed to take the intensity, out of the teams actual strength, and character of

this group of players. Trying to hold on to the ball too long, trying to up the % of possesion.

It put every individual on the backfoot, eg:  King/Drinkwater  passing sideways and back, 2 players Who enjoy driving forward.

Huth and Morgan, totally lost, that their get out was hoof ball instead of having a teamate to take the ball and find the channels.

The whole teams timing was out. Last night under pressure the defence, looked better prepared, it seems they trusted their

mates to create a get out ball.Mistakes at the Back will always be made, but unlike the games before, the defence was together

Last night, and passes taken more comfortably, in our old hectic way. The back 4 were solid, no big gaps, or CBs left by themselves.

There is something to be said about the Italian way, Claudio found it and tweeked it into our play last season.

This season he got the lines wrong, and had players like Albrighton and Okazaki confused, defend or drive forward.

Our Squad, cant hold the ball like Italians, we have to be permanently on the move, attacking empty spaces, and pressing.

King would of enjoyed last night, just maybe some of the New buys also.

Ndidi, was my MOTM, his forward play and defensive nous, made sense and had purpose.

One swallow doesnt make a summer, but last night the players seemed to realise, that they can still

Play when on the front foot. The next games obviously will tell, if we can find consistency,

i am confused ,,,  people & FT pundits says " the players like to push high press high but ranieri told us to sit back/low"

hang on.. foxes have always sit low CR or not. Last year we consistently had 30% or less of ball-possession AND sitting low

And surely fat morgan & leaden leg Huth - the only time they crossed the mid line is for corners.

so i don't get it. Sitting back in the box area has always been their modus operandi - unless huth & morgan has sprung an extra leg.

today's game - when did the back 4 push or press up high?? never happened.

OTH Liverfool were the ones pushing high up & got caught out twice by foxes counter attack goal#1 & #3.

Against speedie teams with fat legged defenders - pushing high is suicidal !!

1 hour ago, erlee said:

i am confused ,,,  people & FT pundits says " the players like to push high press high but ranieri told us to sit back/low"

hang on.. foxes have always sit low CR or not. Last year we consistently had 30% or less of ball-possession AND sitting low

And surely fat morgan & leaden leg Huth - the only time they crossed the mid line is for corners.

so i don't get it. Sitting back in the box area has always been their modus operandi - unless huth & morgan has sprung an extra leg.

today's game - when did the back 4 push or press up high?? never happened.

OTH Liverfool were the ones pushing high up & got caught out twice by foxes counter attack goal#1 & #3.

Against speedie teams with fat legged defenders - pushing high is suicidal !!

What? Wes and Huth were basically on the halfway line most of the first half?! I couldn't believe how far up the pitch Simpson found himself too.

Against Swansea the furthest forward the back four got was on our own 18 yard line!

If we got on a winning rampage we could end up with 60 points, thus finishing 8th (if we go by last seasons results) that would be an epic come back.....

11 hours ago, Lestoh said:

SEVILLA ARE SHITTIN THEIR KNICKERS

I watched them against Real Betis on Saturday, they didn't look that good, like they'd had the wind knocked out of their sails a bit, saying that they had only just played us a few days before but still...

One thing I'd love to think (and did think last night) is that Claudio was somewhere, watching the game and mainly had a smile on his face (as well as feeling disappointed and let down inside). 

Can't imagine anything else from the bloke and I think that sums him up.

I expect he will be the greatest manager we have EVER had, and in the future I think we as a fanbase should really hammer home the request for either a statue or ATLEAST a stand being named after him once this has all died down.

really great performance particularly from Vardy, and fans will rightly ask where have the performances been for the last few months!. clearly there was a instant reaction from Claudio's sacking and the players were obviously stung by all the criticism that came their way.they need to have these performances from now until the end of the season.we could yet do more in the champions League!. great goals by Leicester too and so pleased with Drinky's screamer.

Taking nothing away from the lads we destroyed Liverpool last night very much like we destroyed Man City but this is partly down to the fact Liverpool just played their normal game. Kept a high line, giving Vards room to run in behind. Great to get some confidence but i think Hull will be a harder test despite Liverpool being a better side. They will be organised. 

Archived