Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Liverpool post match 3-1

Typical Leicester, we've always been bizarre.

Great team performance, fight, passion, desire was all there tonight.

Simpson, Albrighton, Ndidi & Vardy the standouts for me though, any of them worthy for MOTM.

Would love to see Shakespeare get the job permanently after that.

16 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

From the BBC.

• Leicester have won all six of their Premier League games in which they have scored first this season, the only 100% record in the division.

Shows that first one gives us confidence. 

We are definitely a confidence team once we get a bit of confidence the other team are in trouble 

4 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Taking nothing away from us but seriously who defends on the half way line against Vardy?! Be interesting to see how we break down Hull on Sat.

Hull will sit get 11 men behind the ball. But play the counter attack like we did tonight one way or another we will get through! KTF boys!!

Blimey that feels better!

Went crazy for the 1st goal!

It was like last season wasn't it?! Same team, Same players i've been calling for to be dropped but much much better! Was last season's mould in a tried and tested 4-4-2, N'Didi in the Kante roll, screening the back 4, high intensity, high line, attacking football. Not trying to be defensive (And failing!)

I have questions over Vardy's fitness - He ran his sock off tonight, something we've not seen this season, but he was blowing out his arse come 80 minutes - Has there been a reason he's not been running like last season?

Much better and much more positive. I also wonder how much input Ranieri had at half time v Sevilla and was down to Shakey/The players.

I've only said this once or twice this season because occasions have been lacking but this counts for nothing if we don't follow it up on Saturday now, I wanna see the same and I want another 3 points. Come on City!!

Mahrez was told to stay on the touchline on both sides to stretch the game wide open which worked well .He was back in place when we didn't have the ball.

We gave them a right going over tonight  no question.Would have used the subs a bit earlier possibly.We has lots of ball in the right areas great

So good to get our team back. So often this season it's been a nightmare trying to pick any outfielder worthy of Man of the Match. Or even someone who could claim to be impressive for 15 or 20 minutes. Tonight we had so many contenders in their different ways.

All the energy and exuberance was back and more than that there were countless cameos of players congratulating each other for cover provided, passes given, back up offered or blocks made.

Did the players have something to prove. You bet. That this was (virtually) the team that won the title and they did so because, at their best, they're damned good.

For the first hour or so we must have created more chances worth the name than we've recently managed in a month.

Vardy could so easily have had a hat-trick, the two he scored were magical and he gave his marker a nightmare that lasted all night.

Drinkwater's goal was one to remember. All his goals are collectors items because of their scarcity but tonights was ferocious and straight as an arrow. Yes, he should have had a second. why he never seems to guide those side-foot shots on target I'lll never know but the encouraging thing was he got into the positions and he had a go.

We too had a go and got the reward that so often waits for who dares. Vardy was quite electric and benefitted from so many balls into the space he relishes he was like a kid with toys.

But the obvious contenders weren't the only heroes. We pressed so hard and so high in the first half it's a wonder the Liverpool defenders didn't run into the concourse for a bit of air. Shinji was outstanding in this respect and so too Albrighton who also served to provide outstanding defensive cover and interventions.

Ndidi too had his best game by a distance. For me it was the day he finished being the new kid and looked like he belonged, almost to the point of being authoritative. And all those saying our title winning back four can't defend anymore should think again. All four played a massive part in our success tonight dealing with a minor barrage of crosses and probing assaults, particularly as we faded and sat deeper in the last 25 minutes.

Three-one against Liverpool is a big result and more so considering the upheaval we've had, the Champions League match and its travelling and the fact that we were playing a Liverpool team totally refreshed after a long break.

We posed questions, played to our strengths, created chances, got players in support and looked like a team enjoying its football again. It was the second successive season our youngest had bought his Liverpool-supporting big brother a match ticket for the fixture and we won by two goals the same as last time. My oldest begged him to buy him socks next time but instead has his mind on a season ticket. Perhaps we'll win another title after all!  But for now it's nice to be out of the relegation places and an important step closer to survival. What a cracking night. And that includes the Ranieri tribute. :D               

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

#AnnounceShakey

Two threads you have started now going on about him being appointed - calm down.

He has had one game in charge, granted it was a good result but if we loose on Saturday then you will be calling for his head.

I will judge him after 3 games, for all we know, this could be a one off.

Remember when we turned Man City over and everyone thought that was the big change...

Glad the owners aint as rash as you else we would be screwed.

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Two threads you have started now going on about him being appointed - calm down.

He has had one game in charge, granted it was a good result but if we loose on Saturday then you will be calling for his head.

I will judge him after 3 games, for all we know, this could be a one off.

Remember when we turned Man City over and everyone thought that was the big change...

Glad the owners aint as rash as you else we would be screwed.

I'd like to see how he does against Hull first... I am warming to the idea of it though.

Archived