Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Raul Uche dreams of Premier League debut alongside Jamie Vardy

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I know, he seems like a great prospect for the future, but it seems like he wants too much, too soon

He was speaking to an home Newspaper, he just gave out his dreams..give the guy somd slack, plus he should have big dreams

Hes 19, not 16-17..!!

Guest CityFan 06

Perhaps it's worth integrating him. 

Tottenham have done it with the likes of Winks, Alli. Everton with Lookman and Davies. Sometimes it does work, it's about taking the chance I suppose, providing the club feel the player has enough ability at the same time. 

3 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Lad who has just 16 appearances (2 starts) and 4 goals for the under 23's thinks he has a chance of making his premier league debut this season? Cant imagine Ulloa being happy if that happened!

Baby steps, Raul, baby steps...

I admire his ambition.

He's been lightly used after suffering quite a nasty injury when we signed him. He's a natural finisher from what I'm told and very highly rated. If what I've been told is to be believed we paid a few million for him, so he's not some dross we've picked up to make up the numbers.

14 hours ago, davieG said:

He's less than a year younger than Ndidi?

Ndidi is a freak (in the nice way) player really. Maybe we should follow what Genk are doing with their academy to produce the likes of him, De Bruyne, Courtois, etc, it's impressive. 

Maybe when we are consistent enough in the Prem, we can start giving more young players chances, as it will attract younger players and probably speed up development rather than having players like Jacob Blyth and others that sit in the academy until they're 23. 

34 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Ndidi is a freak (in the nice way) player really. Maybe we should follow what Genk are doing with their academy to produce the likes of him, De Bruyne, Courtois, etc, it's impressive. 

Maybe when we are consistent enough in the Prem, we can start giving more young players chances, as it will attract younger players and probably speed up development rather than having players like Jacob Blyth and others that sit in the academy until they're 23. 

Yep and not even all from Belgium ie Leon Bailey and Ndidi.

Also i just read..

Youth academy[edit]

Genk is well known for its outstanding youth academy. In 2003 they built their youth center next to their stadium and set up a youth program with Ronny Vangeneugden. There are further plans to build a boarding school and some synthetic pitches. In the past and now, many young players have found their way through the youth system. Some examples are Yannick Carrasco (Atlético Madrid), Jelle Vossen (Club Brugge), Steven Defour (Burnley), Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace), Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), Divock Origi (Liverpool) and Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City).

18 hours ago, davieG said:

"They have many forwards, but you never know," Uche told Spanish newspaper Marca when asked if he could play in the Premier League before the summer.

Much ado about nothing. player asked a specific question by a newspaper, gives a positive but modest answer > cue pandemonium 

11 minutes ago, winchesterton said:

Much ado about nothing. player asked a specific question by a newspaper, gives a positive but modest answer > cue pandemonium 

lol but his reply should have been

"They pay me well for my age I'm happy to sit here doing nothing"

or

"I'm a little pissed off I was told we would get hookers"

I think some of his comments have been lost in translation. What he actually said was:

“The weather and the food is shit but, who cares, I’m a young lad being paid a fortune to sit on my arse on the bench. My career aspiration is to graduate to the first team and get a shed load more money to sit on the bench on match days. I want a spot next to Ron-Robert Zieler even though I think he’s got a silly name. It’s a shame that Conrad Logan isn’t here anymore as he was my hero, my inspiration and the reason I got into the game. I wish he was my dad!”

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

If it was easy enough to do that wouldn't everyone though? Not easy to pluck players of that quality just off the street. 

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

Yep and not even all from Belgium ie Leon Bailey and Ndidi.

Also i just read..

Youth academy[edit]

Genk is well known for its outstanding youth academy. In 2003 they built their youth center next to their stadium and set up a youth program with Ronny Vangeneugden. There are further plans to build a boarding school and some synthetic pitches. In the past and now, many young players have found their way through the youth system. Some examples are Yannick Carrasco (Atlético Madrid), Jelle Vossen (Club Brugge), Steven Defour (Burnley), Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace), Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), Divock Origi (Liverpool) and Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City).

The thing is it can be just as much down to location, for example Southampton can have their pick of players from the entirety of the South West now as they are the highest ranked team around that area. 

In a sense that is where our academy has disappointed me slightly, although there is competition around us, we are the highest ranked side in the midlands at present so you'd hope we'd be doing something to attract players into our academy (I know WBA/Stoke are currently above us in the table but i'm referring to Champions League and last season Stature)

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's been lightly used after suffering quite a nasty injury when we signed him. He's a natural finisher from what I'm told and very highly rated. If what I've been told is to be believed we paid a few million for him, so he's not some dross we've picked up to make up the numbers.

We paid a nominal fee

21 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Perhaps it's worth integrating him. 

Tottenham have done it with the likes of Winks, Alli. Everton with Lookman and Davies. Sometimes it does work, it's about taking the chance I suppose, providing the club feel the player has enough ability at the same time. 

Winks? Have you run that through spell check? This is Spuds you are taking about...

Good stuff.

Aside from Chilwell and King when was the last time someone came through our academy and ended/will end up a Premier League player? I was convinced Moore would be, but he flattered to deceive. We binned off Clucas who looks decent. Our track record is a bit shit. 

28 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Good stuff.

Aside from Chilwell and King when was the last time someone came through our academy and ended/will end up a Premier League player? I was convinced Moore would be, but he flattered to deceive. We binned off Clucas who looks decent. Our track record is a bit shit. 

We recently sold an academy graduate for £12.5m

52 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Oh yeah he's class isn't he

I didn't say that did I? lol

You were the one asking who was the last player from our academy who ended up a premier league player. He might be an atrocious footballer but we still managed to get £12.5m for him.

23 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I didn't say that did I? lol

You were the one asking who was the last player from our academy who ended up a premier league player. He might be an atrocious footballer but we still managed to get £12.5m for him.

Stearman was a Premier League player too. Generally, I meant producing good players. 

Archived