Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Stoke post match 2-0.

Great performance and keeps the winning run under Shakes going. Ndidi is becoming such a special player for us and what a cracking goal he scored, amazing. the defence was again excellent and Benny is putting in some good displays, I know everyone was massively worried with Morgan's injury but Benny is doing a great job so far. Demarai Gray is proving that he should be starting games and really frightens defenders with his pace. the tackle by Shawcross was a disgrace and Demarai will have to get used to those with opposition players trying to take him out of the game. Vardy is looking back to his best and his goal where he got in front of the defender was brilliant and shows he is back to rattling the opposition. Brilliant result and roll on Atletico!

22 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Superb performance, magnificent win and well taken goals, what more could you ask for?

And how Shawcross never got sent off I will never know. The tackle on Gray was worthy of a red card and I am sure the ref on reflection will agree. Deplorable tackle, nowhere near the ball and lunged purely to take the player out.

Have to agree and said so at the time.

But it pleased me that we didn't make a big issue of it and, in the end, I'm not sure the referee didn't serve the game better by acting as he did. We won the match fair and square against 11 opponents.

And as Gray himself said, or words very similar: "I just had to get up and get on with it. I take the heavy treatment as a compliment."

Hopefully it shows a young man who's growing up and starting to be worthy of this great team of ours. 

I'd hate us to get like Arsenal, forever rolling over, chopsing at referees and cajoling them to send people off.      

On 2/4/2017 at 13:03, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Let's be clear I hope you are correct. However I just did not see much other than flimflam yesterday - again. He had opportunities to cause some damage and didn't deliver.

While we keep winning he will retain his place I suspect, but based on his performances before and since the managerial change there is no way he should be a starter. Continuing to play  him has cost Gray multiple starts which I really don't see as having been fair; born out by the latters display yesterday.

Mahrez has been given eight months to play himself into form and that hasn't happened. He should by now have at least become acquainted with the bench; his shot in the second half which he dragged wide of the near post when the return pass to JV would have given him a tap in, is indicative of a player who can't help himself from making the wrong decisions.

He needs a goal, and with a little more luck, he would've gotten one or two on Saturday. I usually don't mind attackers being selfish, especially Mahrez who usually does well in front of goal. Yes, he could have squared it twice to Vardy and probably should have, but he's getting into those positions and getting shots off which he was nowhere near doing under Claudio this year. I don't think Gray was much better in that regard either, going solo and choosing wrong options, but I guess Mahrez is a victim of his own success last season. I am bemused that you don't think his form has picked up since Ranieri left though...

Did anyone else think the pitch cut diagonally didn't help the linesman(assistant referee)with the crucial offside decision.Takes away a point of reference.
Was it deliberate may have paid off ?

How can it be deliberate when it's just as likely to work against you as it is for you?

Personally, I think the groundsman needs to calm down a bit and stop showing off. Saturday's pitch was a bit distracting I felt.

On 04/02/2017 at 12:03, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Mahrez has been given eight months to play himself into form and that hasn't happened.

He set up both of the goals which got us into the champions league quarter finals. This is no throwaway contribution, not to mention his other contributions. He's not consistently the world's best creative midfielder. But those flashes do come. And they win us matches. If dropping him for half a match helps him, I'm all for it, but I object to idea he's not played himself into form for the Sevilla match alone and he has contributed beyond that match too.

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

How can it be deliberate when it's just as likely to work against you as it is for you?

Personally, I think the groundsman needs to calm down a bit and stop showing off. Saturday's pitch was a bit distracting I felt.

I love our pitch, I think it's something else that sets us apart slightly from all the rest

I love our pitch, I think it's something else that sets us apart slightly from all the rest

We're Leicester City, the 5000-1 champs who shocked the world. That's what sets us apart from the rest. Trust me, no non- Leicester fan gives a stuff about the patterns on our pitch.

I just felt Saturday's pitch was a bit too much. It was like looking at one of those Magic Eye pictures that were all the rage in the 90s and made you go boss-eyed. I kept expecting the image of a dolphin to jump out at me.

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We're Leicester City, the 5000-1 champs who shocked the world. That's what sets us apart from the rest. Trust me, no non- Leicester fan gives a stuff about the patterns on our pitch.

I just felt Saturday's pitch was a bit too much. It was like looking at one of those Magic Eye pictures that were all the rage in the 90s and made you go boss-eyed. I kept expecting the image of a dolphin to jump out at me.

Tbh I don't really care what anyone else thinks, like I said I love it, it makes us slightly different. If we listened to every non Leicester fan Ranieri would still be here. I just love that we can be a little bit different, that's all.

On 03/04/2017 at 19:27, Gerbold said:

Hold on, pal! Where do you get the "aggressive and physical side through the years" from? City have never had a reputation for being 'hard' - and I recall the days of Hunter, Harris, Smith, Heslop, Ure and Storey-Moore. Our hardest player in that era was Graham Cross and maybe Ian King. I find it hard to recall anyone with a rep. for being dirty.  I presume by "'your' favourite player" you mean Walshie - well, as far as I can recall he was never cynical - tough and confrontational for sure - but not nasty. I think Huth must be the most streetwise player I've seen in a Leicester shirt. Sorry - just remembered Dennis Wise - I'm embarrassed that he ever got to wear our strip.

Sanctimonious is it - to criticise cynical play? These guys make a living out of being able to perform so anyone who deliberately uses foul play with the possibility that it could mean weeks, months, years or permanent injury out for the player he consciously attacks is a thug. if it happened on the street it would be a criminal offence.

Hypocrisy not to include every questionable foul a City player has made? I'll answer that by stating that if a City player does so (without provocation) then he deserves what Shawcross got - and he should have been sent off..

Ok so i started going down city in around 91 so i cant really speak for anything before that though i do remember seeing a video of ally mauchlin headbutting two players recently!

The first era i watched was Brian little whose team had a tremendous about of physicality  walshie, Iwan roberts etc in fact the team that got us promoted V derby had about 6 center halfs in it.

Then the 2nd major era was O'Neils and that had walshie, Marshall prior Elliot taggart Lennon etc in fact i saw Marshall describe them recently as a world class pub side aka they mixed it up. 

Now the most recent era not overly physical my old school standards but like you say very streetwise and cyncial in fact quite a few writers noticed how adept we were at the darker side of the game.

And yes of course by 'our favourite ever player' i was referring to walshie he won a BBC vote a few years back by a landslide 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/4316247.stm

And the fact you don't remember him as cynical is a good example of the hypocrisy i am talking about.

He was horrendous for it even he would admit it. amongst other occasions one particular nasty incident i remember was when he knocked Danny Cadamartari clean out with an off the ball elbow down at filbo also he was banned for a record 11 games for breaking a fellow players jaw in a similar incident early in his time here. 

Im not complaining about it though i loved the bloke to bits but then again I'm not acting like every bad tackle on one of our players has offended my senseablitities.

Shawcross took gray out

wasnt dangerous, wasn't reckless, wasn't excess force, wasn't out of control  - was old fashioned

the odd ref would have issued a red - think xhaka Arsenal v swansea - but that was also high to bring him down. 

I would expect any red issued for that to have been subsequently  rescinded

as much as it looked terrible in the modern day game, it's a throwback and it's a yellow. can guarantee that mason was then looking for anything other than a standard foul to issue a second yellow but the player was too streetwise to be caught out. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Shawcross took gray out

wasnt dangerous, wasn't reckless, wasn't excess force, wasn't out of control  - was old fashioned

the odd ref would have issued a red - think xhaka Arsenal v swansea - but that was also high to bring him down. 

I would expect any red issued for that to have been subsequently  rescinded

as much as it looked terrible in the modern day game, it's a throwback and it's a yellow. can guarantee that mason was then looking for anything other than a standard foul to issue a second yellow but the player was too streetwise to be caught out. 

Much worse than Jamie Vardy's tackle that got him sent off earlier in the season. At the very least it's inconsistent.

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think it was cowardice. I have seen cynical challenges; a push, a trip or a block off. Shawcross attempted to injure Gray, his body shape says he had no intention of going for the ball. 

I think the location of the ball 10 yards away is more relavent than his body shape !!!!!!

Just now, st albans fox said:

I think the location of the ball 10 yards away is more relavent than his body shape !!!!!!

Exactly my point, his body isn't turned towards the ball. The ball has gone.

Shawcross knows Gray is gonna be beat him, he knows he will be booked and therefore he's lined up a big impact on him (hoping he's injured him). 

Was like a tackle from the 1950s. 

Archived