Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The Elusive New £1 Coin

The new £1 coin has been in circulation for 2 weeks today, but i'm yet to see a single one of them. I find it strange because as soon as the new fiver came out, i was seeing them straight away. I'm starting to believe its all a big lie...

Anyone who has actually seen them, whats your opinion of them? are they easy to get used to?

I was at Bradgate Park yesterday, and there was a notice on the car park pay machines apologising that they hadn't yet been converted to take the new coins, and that the Ranger at the gate had a supply of old coins to exchange for new ones. When I spoke with him, he told me that he hadn't exchanged a single coin.

4 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

I had one. Almost looks/feels plastic, very light weight 

Won't be long until they're a few fakes in circulation  

They're impossible to copy, according to the royal mint. Sounds like a bit of a challenge to the forgers  to me.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They're impossible to copy, according to the royal mint. Sounds like a bit of a challenge to the forgers  to me.

Bloody hope so! I use copper irons at work and i was able to literally melt through those forged quids 

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

More surprising that they had snacks.

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

Or at least snacks which would require a two pounds change from a note...

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I got my first and only two so far as change from the KP buying a drink.

50 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

The new £1 coin has been in circulation for 2 weeks today, but i'm yet to see a single one of them. I find it strange because as soon as the new fiver came out, i was seeing them straight away. I'm starting to believe its all a big lie...

Anyone who has actually seen them, whats your opinion of them? are they easy to get used to?

They are not really any different, they feel lighter, the sides are not as pronounced as the pictures make out infact they even roll quite well 

had quite a few in me wallet. don't go in the trolleys in the Asda, don't go in the lockers at the baths, they're basically pointless. nobody uses quids as money anymore an they don't function for any of the tasks real people actually use pound coins for. 

Archived