Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The Elusive New £1 Coin

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

Perhaps we got them sooner in Scotland but I haven't seen a single old one in my change for the past two weeks. Had at least 25 pass through my hands.

I think that's something to do with you guys having the Euro by the end of 2018.

4 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Did any of you get a little bit excited when you got your first new one? I know its a little bit sad but i did when i got my first new £5 note

You think that's sad, I haven't spent a new £5 note yet. I'm been collecting and saving them since last October and every time I get one in change I keep it and put it in an envelope at home. Current total: £835 :)

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I think that's something to do with you guys having the Euro by the end of 2018.

Never going to happen. No one here really likes Nicola Sturgeon. I'm English though so will move back to Leicester if it happens.

53 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

You think that's sad, I haven't spent a new £5 note yet. I'm been collecting and saving them since last October and every time I get one in change I keep it and put it in an envelope at home. Current total: £835 :)

lol

Big envelope.  By my reckoning it now holds 167 £5 notes.

And I've had some of the new £1 coins.  They look a bit like the old thrupenny bit that I used to collect as a child.  Probably worth the same now.

Got offered five quid by a family relative for my pound coin when I received it last Sunday,  it was first time that either of us saw it lol

I did not take the offer, just gave it to him for free. 

2 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Got offered five quid by a family relative for my pound coin when I received it last Sunday,  it was first time that either of us saw it lol

I did not take the offer, just gave it to him for free. 

How do you measure familial stupidity?

On 11/04/2017 at 09:17, yorkie1999 said:

They're impossible to copy, according to the royal mint. Sounds like a bit of a challenge to the forgers  to me.

It's not they are impossible I think, but that it would cost so much to be able to it wouldn't be worth it.

They were only released at a small handful of banks and post offices (think 30 in the initial phase?). Nearest was Birmingham, so not a surprise that they haven't been seen too often here yet.

The style looks well-made and appears more valuable to look at than the old £1 coin.

The old £1 coin can still be used as normal until 16th October, when from that date it won't be legal to use anymore.

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The style looks well-made and appears more valuable to look at than the old £1 coin.

The old £1 coin can still be used as normal until 16th October, when from that date it won't be legal to use anymore.

They feel like crappy tokens you get on Skeggy Pier or something. They're too light.

On 12/04/2017 at 14:03, Collymore said:

Am i the only one who uses the outside edge of a rounded house key for the trolly? One of the most useful life hacks I use...

what's wrong with just using a pound coin?

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

what's wrong with just using a pound coin?

I've gone to put my trolley back a couple of times and found my pound coin, or the token you can get the same size, has wriggled out the slot in the trolley at some point and I've not noticed. Would be pretty pissed of if that happened with my house key.

Archived