Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Rudkin

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Assuming that was his decision and not his bosses ??

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Depends whether that was actually his decision... 

Director of a department (THE department) isn't in charge of the appointment of the next most senior position in that dept?

Surely his position would be untenable if he wasn't?

Some sort of statement from the club that outlines the good things that Rudkin has been a part of and some admittance to the mistakes he's been a part of might well be a good idea at some point.

It'd probably quash some of the rumours - maybe that's why nothing has been said, because the rumours are mostly true? 

If the club continue to let people make up their own version of events then the pressure on Rudkin will continue to build - unless they can provide evidence to the contrary. 

17 minutes ago, cc_star said:

I don't think you understand the responsibilities of a director

Arguably he could go for permanently appointing, then sacking Shakespeare, losing our best ever coach in the process... Never mind not being able to sign a player we've been after for 2 years in replacement of selling our best midfielder for the 2nd successive summer since winning the title

No, I do understand his responsibilities.

Perhaps you don't understand the job roles and corporate structure of the club's executive team?

6 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Director of a department (THE department) isn't in charge of the appointment of the next most senior position in that dept?

Surely his position would be untenable if he wasn't?

If the owner over rules his opinion then he should resign ?? Is that what you would expect ?? 

Happens in business all the time - my FD can give me his opinion but I can make the final call against his advice. He is usually right ........

i note that there may be some protests tonight against him - doubt the owners will be there. I think it’s the kings official funeral this week. 

27 minutes ago, cc_star said:

I don't think you understand the responsibilities of a director

Arguably he could go for permanently appointing, then sacking Shakespeare, losing our best ever coach in the process... Never mind not being able to sign a player we've been after for 2 years in replacement of selling our best midfielder for the 2nd successive summer since winning the title

According to some in the press he didn't want Shakespeare in the first place so it would be a tad harsh to blame him for that.

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Assuming that was his decision and not his bosses ??

Agreed

3 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Well you don't think he's responsible for the basic processes within his department

In a football club, director of football deals with heading up recruitment, overall football direction etc. Manager and dof work together.

Bear in mind that a manager will be earning many multiples of the DOF there is no way it falls upon them to unilaterally hire and fire managers. Sacking a manager brings with it a multi-million pound pay off. It is absolutely a decision that days with the owners.

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I honest don’t have a clue how he got into the role. He was a academy coach years ago, around under 10 level, but the club didn’t pay him enough so he was a building sales rep as well. 

He was highly-regarded as the coach back then, and he was recommended by a few and a more senior staff member who worked with him during his role then.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/david-moss-huddersfield-town-quits-head-of-football-operations-football-club-a8016136.html

I'd take him as part of a Wagner package...although leaving after five months leaves a few questions as to why.

The chap who started the Huddersfield rise as a DoF took a role at Norwich. 

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

For example, sending the docs to the fa/fifa is not his remit, yet he gets blamed. 

For example, Shakespeare didn't tell Kelechi to take a touch of a baby elephant and give Chadli a chance to score from a free-kick. But seeing as he was in charge of the football side of things. He got sacked. Rudkin is responsible for transfers and he will have prolonged the Drinkwater sale. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If the owner over rules his opinion then he should resign ?? Is that what you would expect ?? 

Happens in business all the time - my FD can give me his opinion but I can make the final call against his advice. He is usually right ........

i note that there may be some protests tonight against him - doubt the owners will be there. I think it’s the kings official funeral this week. 

Anyone protesting should take a long hard look at themselves.

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The Thai chap - haven’t you noticed him ??

Joking aside ..   The Thais own the company and with the help of Whelan run it along with many other parts of their business empire ...  Rudkin is the DoF and has overall responsibility for ALL footballing matters ..  it is his full time job with no other distractions ..   it doesn't matter who actually makes these cock-ups ..  he is responsible.    I don't want him to commit hari-kari in the executive sh1thouse but it would be nice to know what, if anything, is being done about it.

• Like 2