Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Rudkin

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It's amazing what winning the league, finishing top 10 and 12th can do for your faith in someone.

I’ve been questioning him for a lot longer than the past 2 or 3 years.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

The one thing I and a majority of others don’t understand is the owners trust in Rudkin, if the above is true and let’s be honest he’s got away with much it seems to be.

Who are owners to have to answer and justify their reasoning to me but from the outside looking in it’s just defies belief so many players and managers come and go yet he is still here.

Even if Rudkin answered some questions to stand up for himself he might get a little more respect.

I know a lot of people don’t like Stringer (Radio Leicester) but I’ve heard he has tried to get interviews with him without any luck.

In se Asia, trustworthy staff are tough to find. People are wary of who they employ, especially early on in their business development and that mentality stays with you. 

When they wanted to get into horse racing and make a multi million pound investment, who did they give the job to ? Someone who probably knows nowt about horse racing - John Rudkin !!

41 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This talk is dangerous. If we continue how we have been over the past two or three months, bottom half of the Championship is exactly where we will end up again.

Concerns need to be aired and discussed. There’s clearly something wrong at the club.

A post like yours reminds me of this forum during Holloway’s reign. Some of us kept saying don’t just look at our points total, look at how we are actually playing. But we were put down by the usual suspects who tried to stamp on any such talk and maintained that we ‘were way to good to get relegated’.

Of course, we did and the rest was history. It was ironically satisfying actually, seeing Stoke suffer the same indignation on Saturday. The day we got relegated at their place, the Stoke fans danced around us in glee at our upset. Now they’ve got their cummupence. And I’m pretty sure they were all saying they’d be fine, a few months ago.

Mate i fully agree if we carry on like this last 3 months we will go down. In my opinion though we only need to tweak a few things, new manager, a few ins and outs. I just think that there is a general overreaction about Rudkin and this perception that we need to overhaul the board, the same board that took us from the championship to the champions league. 

• Like 1

He is the football director he should be accountable, he is the one that I imagine that builds up the managerial shortlist then Top and Vichai give the go ahead, so yes he is accountable. I think we should demote him, or bring in someone with a lot more knowhow in his position.

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It's as if people think recruitment is his only main job, and no-one else apart from him decides on such matters.

He does other things as well, and other individuals assist him on recruitment etc.

These are the key words, he is still the DOF and I would have thought he has the final say on recruitment matters and I have heard he is a right bastard to work for.

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yet all that aside, the stats would read that since Rudkin has been in his present position since December 2014, I think, despite people disliking him, though not knowing what his day to day responsibilities are, he has overseen the great escape, the Premiership title and two further seasons in the Premiership icluding a Champions League quarter final.. Like it or lump it,  he's overseen possibly the most successful period in our clubs history. 

Whilst what you have said above is true, none of it has anything to do with Rudkins involvement. I too share misgivings with others with things like transfers, but does Rudkin personally hand pick them or just do the negotiations? Are these things a collective decision and who by?  No one knows. Is he responsible for everything that's gone wrong?  I doubt it very much. As has been said, he's a very easy target because no one actually knows what he does including me. I spoke to him down at the training ground the day after he'd sacked Shakespeare and had informed the players what he had done. It appeared to weigh heavy upon him. The players were unhappy about it but both of those duties were his job and he was doing as he was told. Sometimes we all have to do that. How much influence he actually had in that actual decision and any others who knows. All I can say is that he appeared very human about the issue and also very sad about the situation. He appeared an articulate decent man to me in a meeting regarding unrelated issues.

At last, some balance.

Thanks for that Mrs Rudkin.

?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Mate i fully agree if we carry on like this last 3 months we will go down. In my opinion though we only need to tweak a few things, new manager, a few ins and outs. I just think that there is a general overreaction about Rudkin and this perception that we need to overhaul the board, the same board that took us from the championship to the champions league. 

Tweak a few things, it’s going to take a lot more than that.

We are talking a big change in personnel, Goalkeeper, RB,LB,CB,creative midfielder that’s what is required now, then if we lose Mahrez,Slimani etc then more players will need to be signed.

We are at that point of an ageing team, players not good enough, and players that are needed if players are moved on.

Its crucial the board get it right.

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

He is the football director he should be accountable, he is the one that I imagine that builds up the managerial shortlist then Top and Vichai give the go ahead, so yes he is accountable. I think we should demote him, or bring in someone with a lot more knowhow in his position.

So who would you have brought in then instead of Puel? Alladyce and Dyche ruled themselves out which left the likes of Moyes, Pardew and the other also rans plus we hadn't got weeks to negotiate and it was part way through the season.  Given Puel's CV I would have said that in the circumstances,  out of who was available or willing to come to a club like us in the relegation zone,  Puel was a very decent shout. Our priority at that time was above all else,  to avoid relegation and we have. Ranieri, the DofE and others choice out of nowhere was a blinding success wasn't he, even if it was only for 1yr it had to be worth it. 

The downturn has got to be put down to the players as well as the managers after all, Ranieri, Shakespeare and now Puel can't all be wrong. We're safe and live to fight another day, hindsight is a wonderful thing and it's easy without having the full knowledge of what's going on to be holier than though and criticise. So, back to your original statement about the shortlist of managers and how the DofE should be accountable,  who would you have employed?

4 hours ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

He’s an easy scapegoat. The way people go on you’d think we were bottom half off the Championship again #pespective 

We will be soon.

Our problems run deeper than just constantly sacking managers. Why aren't these people accountable for appointing these managers?

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

So who would you have brought in then instead of Puel? Alladyce and Dyche ruled themselves out which left the likes of Moyes, Pardew and the other also rans plus we hadn't got weeks to negotiate and it was part way through the season.  Given Puel's CV I would have said that in the circumstances,  out of who was available or willing to come to a club like us in the relegation zone,  Puel was a very decent shout. Our priority at that time was above all else,  to avoid relegation and we have. Ranieri, the DofE and others choice out of nowhere was a blinding success wasn't he, even if it was only for 1yr it had to be worth it. 

The downturn has got to be put down to the players as well as the managers after all, Ranieri, Shakespeare and now Puel can't all be wrong. We're safe and live to fight another day, hindsight is a wonderful thing and it's easy without having the full knowledge of what's going on to be holier than though and criticise. So, back to your original statement about the shortlist of managers and how the DofE should be accountable,  who would you have employed?

If our priority was to avoid relegation then why offer Puel a 3 year contract?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

There are managers outside of the Premier League.

When Southampton sacked Adkins they appointed Pochettino.

• Like 1

What Butland says about Stoke management of transfers is identical to LCFC transfers. This is a clear message to our owners, but the message is getting filtered by those with their self interest at heart, not the clubs best interest. We are going down unless there is a significant change in club management, not just changing the club manager.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dayday said:

Tweak a few things, it’s going to take a lot more than that.

We are talking a big change in personnel, Goalkeeper, RB,LB,CB,creative midfielder that’s what is required now, then if we lose Mahrez,Slimani etc then more players will need to be signed.

We are at that point of an ageing team, players not good enough, and players that are needed if players are moved on.

Its crucial the board get it right.

We were one of the best teams in the league just before Christmas until Puel started experimenting and I don’t think we are too far away from getting back to that with the right man in charge.

I pretty much agree on the new personnel other than GK? I don’t see 4-5 summer signings as such a massive overhaul that’s pretty standard, no?

It’s always crucial the board get it right... 

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

It's amazing what winning the league, finishing top 10 and 12th can do for your faith in someone.

Yes but we had a real opportunity to capitalise on our league win and make a real attempt to maintain a top 6 position after that. We blew it through poor management and recruitment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

He's not been Director of Football for much longer, Terry Robinson was for most of our first season up.

its not like his time as academy director was a roaring success either

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We will be soon.

Our problems run deeper than just constantly sacking managers. Why aren't these people accountable for appointing these managers?

Ok so let’s look at the 4 managers they appointed. 

Pearson - success

Ranieiri - success

Shakespear - right man at the right time, should have made a change in the summer (they did try to go for Wagner, fact)

Puel - got us out of trouble but gone poorly since Feb. Still I wouldn’t say he’s been a disaster - Pardew, Moyes Man Utd, Hodgson Liverpool, Villa Remi garde . They’re true disasters.

you’d sack the board for that managerial record? Tell me a Club with 4 most recent appointments better than that... ?? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

If our priority was to avoid relegation then why offer Puel a 3 year contract?

Because nobody but a complete thick dipstick would have demanded anything less. Think about it,  a small club in risk of relegation part way through a season with a team of players with dubious ego issues and a history of firing managers quickly. Tell me, if you were Puel with a very good CV prior to Southampton, knowing that taking this job has the potential to totally screw up your future career, what would you personally ask for? I don't think that our club had a lot of choices realistically. If you as a manager had a good reputation,  would you have signed for anything less than the security of a 3yr contract?

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

You're missing Sousa (who was introduced to the owners by Milan and all went to the Cardiff game which pissed Pearson off hence he left) and Sven. Both were "big names" and poor for us.

I can't argue with the success of Pearson or Ranieri but the first was known to the club, well-known in fact, and the latter was a gamble but obviously worked so fair play.

I wouldn't say Puel is a disaster, in fact I don't think he is, but if he goes then what? I don't think the board have enough knowledge of managers to get in someone decent. We're constantly linked with PL managers - most recent Wagner again - but football does exist outside the PL. Like I said earlier, when Southampton sacked Adkins they got in Pochettino. 

Clubs can't keep hiring and sacking managers, ask WBA, ask Newcastle etc. And the people who constantly hire and sack our managers need to be accountable. So do I trust the board to get it right? No I don't. And I think we'll be in a fight to stay up next season with our without Puel.

Eriksson wasn't poor for us - if it hadn't been for the criminal start to the season under Sousa, we could've potentially reached the playoffs or even get promoted.

Then he got the sack in 2011-2012 after five wins, four draws and four losses in the league. Not exactly "poor", is it?

4 hours ago, notnow john said:

At last, some balance.

Thanks for that Mrs Rudkin.

?

I thought that was funny and genuinely laughed out loud!  I'm not Mrs Rudkin but rumour has it I may look good in a frock! We need to keep a sense of humour but it's difficult as we all care, why sometimes I don't know. Perhaps partly because of that surreal day when Andrea Bocelli, wearing a City shirt, was singing and older men like me were trying to hide a tear (unsuccessfully) wishing that their Dad's and Grandad's had been there to witness it. That year, all the world's football supporters gained the belief that anything was possible because our cut price team, with a smattering of very decent players mixed with determined individuals formed a proper team which was the sum of all its unfashionable parts and we beat the rest by a clear 10 points ... it was no fluke folks, whatever the press try to tell you!

As Leicester supporters we know our place I believe. We've not become big time Charlies overnight,  despite what certain pundits may say (they were so miffed to see us break the natural order of things and make them look like wishy washy knowledgeless numpties). We do however demand, like other supporters, that our players regardless of wages give of their best. As far as I'm concerned, if that is given I can accept the result somewhat. I  can see certain deficiencies perhaps in Puel but sheer logic would suggest that he, Ranieri and Shakespeare can't all be wrong, neither can Rudkn and our hitherto generous owners who are astute businessmen in their own right. Some of the blame has to be apportioned to certain members of a squad sadly. We are not going to attract a name as big and successful as Guadiola who, if the the team fails, we can fully point the finger at our players. But we for some reason have some ill bought ill thought out player purchases also. It's a collective failure,  not just one man's, but I would personally ask questions of certain players first.

• Like 2