Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Rudkin

Imo there is a problem here right at the top.  The owners are not expected to run tbe club.  They have appointed susan whelan and rudkin to report to the board.  These two should have very clear roles and objectives.

Now if i was vachai i would want a dof who was a leader who would run a professional outfit.... so that the academy... the scouting. .recruitment and retention plus support like psychology physios diet medical etc were first class.

I have worked with many blue-chip companies  and i met directors who were good and bad. ... imo for the good ones their attention to detail..to standards and a forward direction was clear. .. and like any leaders they need to inspire and surround themselves with a first class team.  I do not get that impression from rudders.

Edited by foxinsocks

Guest TheBear

If we appoint someone like Puel like alot in the media are now going with, surely this is a move by Rudkin to get in a man in who will say "yes sir, yes sir, 3 bags full sir" it stinks of Rudkin clinging onto the power he has assumed with various departures and multiple sackings, it seems he is answerable to no one and his word is gospel with the owners.

This guy is clearly a massive problem for this football club and the lack of forward movement and stagnation since winning the league under his watch is actually quite alarming.  If a business went from steady growth, to market leader, would the guy in charge retain a position if the business then went backwards and regressed?

I think if you want us to actually move forward as a club and get our identity back, this guy needs to be ousted.  We need to protest him being at our club and we need him gone out of our club.  He isn't qualified to make decisons that are hindering the progress of the club!

We need to vocally demostrate his role and hopefully the owners will listen!

Edited by TheBear

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The chap who started the Huddersfield rise as a DoF took a role at Norwich. 

For example, Shakespeare didn't tell Kelechi to take a touch of a baby elephant and give Chadli a chance to score from a free-kick. But seeing as he was in charge of the football side of things. He got sacked. Rudkin is responsible for transfers and he will have prolonged the Drinkwater sale. 

In one. The boss is responsible.

How Rudkin is still there is beyond most people

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Joking aside ..   The Thais own the company and with the help of Whelan run it along with many other parts of their business empire ...  Rudkin is the DoF and has overall responsibility for ALL footballing matters ..  it is his full time job with no other distractions ..   it doesn't matter who actually makes these cock-ups ..  he is responsible.    I don't want him to commit hari-kari in the executive sh1thouse but it would be nice to know what, if anything, is being done about it.

If he deals with all football matters can you explain what the director of football operations does?

What about the club secretary who is the one that deals with fa/fifa paperwork? It's more than just doubtful that they report to Rudkin.

To say Rudkin has overall responsibility for everything is rubbish.

33 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Please please please tell me this isn't true. 

I’m quite certain that Rudkin is there because the owners trust him 100%.

I’m also quite certain that the owners take plenty of advice from other sources rather than relying on rudders 

and I’m also quite certain that vichai makes a lot of decisions himself. 

rudkin is there as vichai’s eyes and ears and to take instruction. I think a few of you are making him into a lot more than he actually is. If we don’t have a big shot DOF then perhaps it’s bcause the owner doesn’t want one and someone qualified would want to make some decisions themselves !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The chap who started the Huddersfield rise as a DoF took a role at Norwich. 

For example, Shakespeare didn't tell Kelechi to take a touch of a baby elephant and give Chadli a chance to score from a free-kick. But seeing as he was in charge of the football side of things. He got sacked. Rudkin is responsible for transfers and he will have prolonged the Drinkwater sale. 

Gerimin - (the Chap that left Huddersfield).

9 minutes ago, toddybad said:

If he deals with all football matters can you explain what the director of football operations does?

No idea ..  you tell me.

9 minutes ago, toddybad said:

To say Rudkin has overall responsibility for everything is rubbish.

OK i'll rephrase that ...   he has overall responsibility for all the bits that get cocked up.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m also quite certain that the owners take plenty of advice from other sources rather than relying on rudders 

rudkin is there as vichai’s eyes and ears and to take instruction. I think a few of you are making him into a lot more than he actually is. If we don’t have a big shot DOF then perhaps it’s bcause the owner doesn’t want one and someone qualified would want to make some decisions themselves !!

That makes sense and would explain why Rudkin is not being held accountable ...   

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do you have any info on the reports that Rudkin was a building supplies salesman? 

47 minutes ago, TheBear said:

If we appoint someone like Puel like alot in the media are now going with, surely this is a move by Rudkin to get in a man in who will say "yes sir, yes sir, 3 bags full sir" it stinks of Rudkin clinging onto the power he has assumed with various departures and multiple sackings, it seems he is answerable to no one and his word is gospel with the owners.

This guy is clearly a massive problem for this football club and the lack of forward movement and stagnation since winning the league under his watch is actually quite alarming.  If a business went from steady growth, to market leader, would the guy in charge retain a position if the business then went backwards and regressed?

I think if you want us to actually move forward as a club and get our identity back, this guy needs to be ousted.  We need to protest him being at our club and we need him gone out of our club.  He isn't qualified to make decisons that are hindering the progress of the club!

We need to vocally demostrate his role and hopefully the owners will listen!

We've got more in common with Blackburn, than we have with clubs as steady as Southampton or even also-rans like WBA

Kante's departure without the club even speaking to him after the season, Walsh's departure despite him signing a massive new contract a few weeks before, to the disastrous summer signings and ridiculous amounts paid for 2nd tier/minor league quality players... Then we move on to this summer, the offering of our best ever asst mgr/coach the job permanently & then sacking him with seemingly no replacement in mind, after the shear balls up of a signing who's been on a radar for the best part of 2 years resulting in the f##k up of our season

This is Venky level stuff. If I was an ambitious manager confident in my own ability - I'd have a reservation about joining us. Sadly

And while Chairman & Vice Chairman may have the eye on or off the ball, as owners that's their prerogative... With the above shambles, each of them the buck stops with the director of football.... the previous kids academy director who produced how many first team players?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cc_star said:

We've got more in common with Blackburn, than we have with clubs as steady as Southampton or even also-rans like WBA

Kante's departure without the club even speaking to him after the season, Walsh's departure despite him signing a massive new contract a few weeks before, to the disastrous summer signings and ridiculous amounts paid for 2nd tier/minor league quality players... Then we move on to this summer, the offering of our best ever asst mgr/coach the job permanently & then sacking him with seemingly no replacement in mind, after the shear balls up of a signing who's been on a radar for the best part of 2 years resulting in the f##k up of our season

This is Venky level stuff. If I was an ambitious manager confident in my own ability - I'd have a reservation about joining us. Sadly

And while Chairman & Vice Chairman may have the eye on or off the ball, as owners that's their prerogative... With the above shambles, each of them the buck stops with the director of football.... the previous kids academy director who produced how many first team players?

Some of the stuff you have referenced had been confirmed by journos as being down to the owner.  maybe they like having a patsy to carry the can so they don’t have to in the fans opinion !!

Guest TheBear
35 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Stearman, Mattock, Moore, Schlupp, and now Chilwell... Only 1 of arguable PL standard and we got over the odds for him, and then Chilwell, thats really 1 or 2 PL standard players in over 10 years.... for a Category 1 academy it's a disgrace.  Correct me if I'm missing one!  We aren't even making money on them selling to lower league clubs...

I always thought our academy sides under Rudkin were all about winning, win at all costs, not about player development, they were always big physical sides that brushed aside players that tried to play football and gained success at that level only.  Goes without saying that the lack of players stepping up proves this theory further...

I seriously think we have major issues with this guy having unilateral control on all things football at our club!

5 hours ago, CockneyFox said:

Hope UnionFS take a lead on this tonight and the crowd can send a clear message to the owners

Go with it tonight but I would think we’d make a better statement with banners and chants doing more stuff (or doing it again) on Sunday, Sky will be there, might even comment on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Rudkin is the DoF and has overall responsibility for ALL footballing matters ..  it is his full time job with no other distractions

Yeah no distractions Apart from also doing his role as the Academy Director and don’t forget his role on the board of OH Leuven as well 

2 hours ago, TheBear said:

If we appoint someone like Puel like alot in the media are now going with, surely this is a move by Rudkin to get in a man in who will say "yes sir, yes sir, 3 bags full sir"

Didn't Rudkin appoint Pearson at Lueven?

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah no distractions Apart from also doing his role as the Academy Director and don’t forget his role on the board of OH Leuven as well 

This thread needs to be closed. There are two opposite views and neither side is prepared to give ground.  The Owners are clever business people, so we must hope they see what is really going on and act accordingly in the best interests of LCFC, which in fairness to them, they always have done this, even if some on here do not agree with their decisions.

42 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

And not forgetting his Horse Racing Manager post......

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Well there you go ...   He makes all these fookin cock ups cus he is being spread thinly between all his other jobs ...   Just cut it down to deciding on what colour shirt filbert should wear and we might make some progress ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1