Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

10 hours ago, Vacamion said:

What on earth are West Ham thinking?

I struggle to see any way this isn't going to end badly.

If he plays any away matches, he will come in for an awful amount of stick.

And just days ago, they sack their Director of Player Recruitment over comments aimed at African players' attitude.

David Sullivan was quoted by saying West Ham ought to sign younger players - this goes against the club's own strategy. Probably a panic buy based on Moyes' input (based on his experience from their Manchester United days).

However, I don't think Evra is past it and should be given another chance. Who knows? Maybe he is the answer to West Ham's problems.

8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

And Elvis (ankle) apparently. 

Fixed.

plus I must stop reading my Twitter feed and assuming the posts are current... :mellow:

Edited by Phube

On 6/2/2018 at 17:00, HighPeakFox said:

Anyway, Mahrez, what a willy puller eh? 

Well technically most men are willy pullers. Masturbation is a fun thing and this whole Mahrez boloney is not fun, ergo Mahrez is the anti-thesis of a willy puller :ph34r::P

8 minutes ago, Phube said:

Fixed.

plus I must stop reading my Twitter feed and assuming the posts are current... :mellow:

Funny, I was just thinking how Mahrez could become an (ankle) if he refuses to play only for the club to make up he's injured.

16 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43010230

man city whining about unfair treatment, citing 9 tackles including maguire on foden in the cup.

This is one of the hardships of playing a continental style in the Premier League. The style attracts tackles and the players who suit it usually aren’t built for the robustness of English football. 

Take the piss out of West Brom (or similar) and someone’s going to nail you! 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hmmmm having seen David Silva’s many attempts at tackling and Fernandinho’s assault on Albrighton last season, pot kettle black 

Just watched it back on YouTube and it wasn’t even a foul. It was a great tackle where Foden injured his ankle but no fault lies with Maguire. 

Foden actually played on after if remember correctly. 

I’m putting money on us to have a red card today. Pep will have got into the refs minds with all this bollocks. They act like they’re the only team to get tackled. 

Stupid thing is that the ones they’re complaining about have led to no injuries in most cases. Only Foden and Sane have missed a considerable amount of time. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43010230

man city whining about unfair treatment, citing 9 tackles including maguire on foden in the cup.

The one on foden wasn't even a foul. Maguire made a good block and foden gets his foot stuck in the floor as their momentum goes on. That was purely misfortune. 

Guardiola is just a whiny little bitch despite the fact he's bought the league.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

This game is a drag. Been looking forward to this all morning, only one save from what I can recall. Arsenal are a lot more likeable without Sanchez though.