Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

I see the BBC's Spurs rim sesh is still in full flow.

On the BBC Sport website they have a massive article saying "Are Spurs the best of the rest and Man City's only challengers?" and in that article they show a picture of the current top of the table clearly showing that United have 4 more points than them with a game in hand and a much better goal difference.

Dele Alli must have something on them. He's escaped criticism all season and he's pure shit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I see the BBC's Spurs rim sesh is still in full flow.

On the BBC Sport website they have a massive article saying "Are Spurs the best of the rest and Man City's only challengers?" and in that article they show a picture of the current top of the table clearly showing that United have 4 more points than them with a game in hand and a much better goal difference.

Dele Alli must have something on them. He's escaped criticism all season and he's pure shit.

Yeah and Man Utd have a game in hand. Really dont get it.

There is a definite inferiority complex with Spurs, the amount of times I've heard Spurs mentioned as the best team in the last 3 seasons is unreal. Someone needs to tell these idiots that having the most accumulate points for the last 3 seasons is not the same as being better than Leicester, Chelsea and Man City in their respective title winning seasons.

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Yeah and Man Utd have a game in hand. Really dont get it.

There is a definite inferiority complex with Spurs, the amount of times I've heard Spurs mentioned as the best team in the last 3 seasons is unreal. Someone needs to tell these idiots that having the most accumulate points for the last 3 seasons is not the same as being better than Leicester, Chelsea and Man City in their respective title winning seasons.

As much as I fecking hate spuds I think they are taking the average. Only spuds fans and the village idiot could look at the 15/16 table and claim spuds better than us. Can any of our stato's tell us how many villages are in the UK. Oh and how many from the bbc where born in villages.

1 minute ago, Mrfox452 said:

I know this is the Premier league thread, but with Hart not starting for West Ham.

Whos England's number one keeper?

It'll be between Butland and Pickford. A return from injury might be too late for Heaton. There isn't anyone else. Fosters international career is over, Forster is in the same boat as Hart and the only other English keeper in the premier league is Darlow.

Mark Hudson is on the Huddersfield bench. Could have sworn he retired in the summer.

EDIT: BT ****ed up, named last year's number 5 instead of putting Terence Kongolo.

Edited by Facecloth

Slimani fails to make the Newcastle squad again.

Really don't understand them signing him, he's injured, he can't play against us, so he'll have 10 games at most for them, if like people claim a run of games and he'll be good is 10 enough for them to see him at full flow? He'll need a few games to get going, match fitness, e.t.c, there's no saying he'll even have 10 games.

I'm glad he's off our hands and if what I heard was true that we got a £2m loan fee plus they're paying his wages in full then we've arguably had their pants down (Mind you, not as much as Sporting had ours down with him) but I can see us being lumbered with him again some the summer.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Really don't understand them signing him, he's injured, he can't play against us, so he'll have 10 games at most for them, if like people claim a run of games and he'll be good is 10 enough for them to see him at full flow? He'll need a few games to get going, match fitness, e.t.c, there's no saying he'll even have 10 games.

Obviously their physio didn't have enough work to do.

• Haha 1

bournemouth being rinsed by huddersfield, that’s the form team in the whole league being laughed at by a team who’ve scored twice since what feels like summer, as most of us said yesterday, take out the top 6 and everyone will beat everyone else just depending on which team turns up on the day. 

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm glad he's off our hands and if what I heard was true that we got a £2m loan fee plus they're paying his wages in full then we've arguably had their pants down (Mind you, not as much as Sporting had ours down with him) but I can see us being lumbered with him again some the summer.

I can see Slim coming good for them . He's not as poor as some make out (and obviously not worth more than half what we paid . )

they love a big lump header of the ball up there and if their assortment of championship players can find a way to get the ball up to him I can see him getting the goals they need 

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Getting interesting at the bottom.. 40 points may not be enough to stay up!... 

We could easily find ourselves being dragged back into the dog fight. 

I said this on another thread and some questioned it. But the teams behind are gathering momentum and points, and starting to concertina up on us. We need two wins in the next few games to just breathe more easily.