Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Blimey, Brighton only 3 points behind us with the team they have, compared to ours. :nigel:

It baffles me how people on here slag other teams off as 'poor', 'average', or simply 'shit' but they're not far off us, yet they make excuses for ourselvesand think things are going ok for us.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

We play Arsenal 2 days after their first leg home game against AC Milan in the Europa League, they'll be there for the taking plus they don't have Walcott who always scores against us. We have to beat them this time, I won't accept anything less!

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We play Arsenal 2 days after their first leg home game against AC Milan in the Europa League, they'll be there for the taking plus they don't have Walcott who always scores against us. We have to beat them this time, I won't accept anything less!

We're playing Chelsea in the FA Cup that weekend.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

We're playing Chelsea in the FA Cup that weekend.

Shit forgot about that! Do you know when the rearrangement is? Thanks.

Can Tyler go one match without coming out with a blatant lie to sell the Premier League product?

He's now saying VAR isn't being called for in the league because Premier League referees aren't making many mistakes - as opposed to the referees in the FA Cup, I assume. And that referees as a collective are having a 'good season'.

Ok Martin, whatever you say.

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

It baffles me how people on here slag other teams off as 'poor', 'average', or simply 'shit' but they're not far off us, yet they make excuses for ourselvesand think things are going ok for us.

I never said Brighton were poor, average, etc, did I? I just think man for man we have much better players; how many of their players would be targets for the big clubs? But they're clearly more than the sum of their parts, which we aren't at the moment. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I never said Brighton were poor, average, etc, did I? I just think man for man we have much better players; how many of their players would be targets for the big clubs? But they're clearly more than the sum of their parts, which we aren't at the moment. 

I thought after my post it sounded like i'd aimed it at you, I didn't mean to, I meant it as a general opinion on here.

I'm talking in general and don't really include Brighton in what I was saying, I'm talking and looking at the likes of West Ham, Everton and Burnley to name but three that people slag off as poor and average...and we're much better...really? :unsure:

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

There's no way mahrez would get in ahead of sane. 

He would have been competing for the position Bernardo Silva currently occupies. 

10 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Is it me or does drinkwater look lost in this game

He's like the kid that you've been told to include in the game and no one wants to give him the ball.