Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

It's not a good sign when the only real entertainment value a televised match has to offer is the butchering of the English language by the ex-pro in the commentary box. David Prutton is doing a fantastic job so far, and I'm having to make notes just to keep up with him. It's only half time and he's already come up with the following gems: 

He wanted to say 'he couldn't adjust his feet' but he said 'he couldn't adapt his feet'.

He wanted to say either that confidence was 'flowing through him' or maybe 'oozing out of him' - but he said 'oozing through him'.

He wanted to use the phrase 'change the complexion of...' but he said 'change the complexity of...'

He wanted to say that Everton had 'come into the game' but he said 'built into the game'. 

He wanted to use the phrase 'getting no joy from...' but he said 'getting no pleasure from...'  

That last example is a subtle one, but probably my favourite so far. Still - he's got the whole of the second half to better it.

I think we need a new thread for these - maybe at the end of the season we can award a prize for the best of the lot - we could call it the 'David Pleat Trophy'.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, kushiro said:

It's not a good sign when the only real entertainment value a televised match has to offer is the butchering of the English language by the ex-pro in the commentary box. David Prutton is doing a fantastic job so far, and I'm having to make notes just to keep up with him. It's only half time and he's already come up with the following gems: 

He wanted to say 'he couldn't adjust his feet' but he said 'he couldn't adapt his feet'.

He wanted to say either that confidence was 'flowing through him' or maybe 'oozing out of him' - but he said 'oozing through him'.

He wanted to use the phrase 'change the complexion of...' but he said 'change the complexity of...'

He wanted to say that Everton had 'come into the game' but he said 'built into the game'. 

He wanted to use the phrase 'getting no joy from...' but he said 'getting no pleasure from...'  

That last example is a subtle one, but probably my favourite so far. Still - he's got the whole of the second half to better it.

I think we need a new thread for these - maybe at the end of the season we can award a prize for the best of the lot - we could call it the 'David Pleat Trophy'.

Where are you watching from? 

1 minute ago, kushiro said:

Hopefully he doesn't try to say the phrase "Bucks Fizz".

Did you see that shot from the £50m man? :D

Keane is bad but Williams is the worst CB in the prem. What was he doing against the only man who can head a ball?

haha now he's been sent off.

We have no excuse not to finish 7th.