Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Just now, Col city fan said:

The general standard of many of the Prem sides this season (us included) is rotten.

Says it all that Burnley don't win for 3 months and don't go down any further than 7th.

Us after short corner debacles x 10:  PUT IT IN THE BLOODY BOX

Us after lumping it to Begovic multiple times:  SIGH.

:P

Whoops, meant to put it in the match thread.

Pillock.

Edited by Vacamion

33 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Danny Murphy on MOTD alert! I sense the phrase "Mahrez has outgrown Leicester" will make an appearance, followed by a sly sideways glance at the camera.

With Gary Lineker having the same cheesy reaction

Edited by TK95

33 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Danny Murphy on MOTD alert! I sense the phrase "Mahrez has outgrown Leicester" will make an appearance, followed by a sly sideways glance at the camera.

He was praising van Dijk this morning for not refusing to play whilst trying to leave Southampton (not even sure that’s true) whilst he also was on who backed Mahrez’s boycott for outgrowing us. Waste of space. 

12 hours ago, Tuna said:

Says it all that Burnley don't win for 3 months and don't go down any further than 7th.

I was thinking about this earlier, but am I right in saying the night we won at Southampton was the same night of Burnley's last win before earlier? We were 7th after that Southampton game weren't we? So Burnley have actually climbed to 7th during 3 months without a win lol I've never seen anything like it.

5 hours ago, Richard said:

He was praising van Dijk this morning for not refusing to play whilst trying to leave Southampton (not even sure that’s true) whilst he also was on who backed Mahrez’s boycott for outgrowing us. Waste of space. 

Had another pop at us as well. Couldn't tell if he was joking in fairness but wouldn't be at all surprised if he wasn't.

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Is Danny Murphy the only available pundit at the moment? He seems to be on MOTD virtually every week.

Apart from Shearer, who is a better ex-footballer for that position who talks the most sense?

12 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

i'm amazed he didn't say anything about it this time round. perhaps he got told to stop spouting the same old shite 

Danny Murphy is rubbish now, I remember when he first started his punditry he seemed quite insightful and easy to listen to - seems he's been to the Mark Lawrenson school of trying to be deadpan. So determined to be funny / controversial it's brought his input right down. 

Shearer on the other hand must be the most improved pundit to ever grace the telly. He was atrocious when he started, now I think he's alright.

• Like 2

Wow Arsenal 30 points behind the leaders and if they don't get anything from the Brighton game are only 5 points ahead of Burnley.

Come on Brighton :D 

I hate Spurs too.. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
To add the spurs bit