Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Oh and just to add that's your opinion and your entitled to it. But it don't make you right.

I'm calling for perspective. Condemn the dad as much as, if not more than, Carragher.

Carragher spits. It's disgusting and stupid, but hardly anything more than that and had it been a hooligan supporter of Liverpool at the stadium, I'm sure the dad would've had a worse reaction to his goading.

But rightly condemn Carragher for it.

My opinion is that the dad is the worst offender. Not only does he unnecessarily start it, but he violates multiple traffic rules doing so. His filming shows his true intentions which is to get a reaction, which he got.

The behaviour is despicable, dangerous and utterly embarrassing.

I doubt the reaction be so heavily biased if it was just a regular Liverpool fan in that car instead of Carragher...

1 minute ago, shen said:

I'm calling for perspective. Condemn the dad as much as, if not more than, Carragher.

Carragher spits. It's disgusting and stupid, but hardly anything more than that and had it been a hooligan supporter of Liverpool at the stadium, I'm sure the dad would've had a worse reaction to his goading.

My opinion is that the dad is the worst offender. Not only does he unnecessarily start it, but he violates multiple traffic rules doing so. His filming shows his true intentions which is to get a reaction, which he got.

I doubt the reaction be so heavily biased if it was just a regular Liverpool fan in that car instead of Carragher...

Come on Shen. Its not going to be viewed like that.  Carragher makes a living criticising people, he lost control with a bit of ribbing , based on the evidence of the video, and his reaction was pretty grim, he's an ideal target for a panning

I'm sure the Dad, though a knob, sorted his daughter out with some of that tabloid money

JC should rightly get stick for this, dont really know how you could say otherwise

15 minutes ago, shen said:

Hardly any more than stupid and disgusting. Do you realise haw many infections it can spread. Spit in my daughters face see where that gets you. The only one that needs perspective is you.

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Come on Shen. Its not going to be viewed like that.  Carragher makes a living criticising people, he lost control with a bit of ribbing , based on the evidence of the video, and his reaction was pretty grim, he's an ideal target for a panning

I'm sure the Dad, though a knob, sorted his daughter out with some of that tabloid money

JC should rightly get stick for this, dont really know how you could say otherwise

You're right, it's not going to be viewed like that, because it's Jamie Carragher. If it had been any other nobody bloke, it wouldn't have gotten any attention.

It's this hypocrisy that's galling. The obsession with holding celebrities to a higher moral standard than the plebs and tearing them off the pedestal when they fail.

This faux outrage at a spit (since when has spittle ever harmed anyone? At worst it is considered an insult, which is the reaction the dad was fishing for) is ridiculous.

The way the dad goes about this, with the sole purpose of getting a reaction, is glanced over.

The end result justifies the means, and again, if this had been a non-celebrity spitting, then I'd bet most would condemn the dad's actions first.

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Hardly any more than stupid and disgusting. Do you realise haw many infections it can spread. Spit in my daughters face see where that gets you. The only one that needs perspective is you.

Yeah, spitting at someone is far more dangerous than hazardous driving with your phone out and the eyes off the road...

1 minute ago, shen said:

You're right, it's not going to be viewed like that, because it's Jamie Carragher. If it had been any other nobody bloke, it wouldn't have gotten any attention.

It's this hypocrisy that's galling. The obsession with holding celebrities to a higher moral standard than the plebs and tearing them off the pedestal when they fail.

This faux outrage at a spit (since when has spittle ever harmed anyone? At worst it is considered an insult, which is the reaction the dad was fishing for) is ridiculous.

The way the dad goes about this, with the sole purpose of getting a reaction, is glanced over.

The end result justifies the means, and again, if this had been a non-celebrity spitting, then I'd bet most would condemn the dad's actions first.

But I disagree with you that this wouldnt get attention if it were a non-celebrity

Granted, it wouldnt get so much attention, but cant you Picture it?:  'Liverpool fan spits on Manchester United fans daughter'

That could be a headline. 

And mate, if someone spits on you you're going to  be furious, its not faux outrage.  It was a 14 year old girl and you can hear in her voice, she feels embarrassed and violated, its horrible

10 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

But I disagree with you that this wouldnt get attention if it were a non-celebrity

Granted, it wouldnt get so much attention, but cant you Picture it?:  'Liverpool fan spits on Manchester United fans daughter'

That could be a headline. 

And mate, if someone spits on you you're going to  be furious, its not faux outrage.  It was a 14 year old girl and you can hear in her voice, she feels embarrassed and violated, its horrible

Of course it wouldn't! That sort of behaviour happens all the time among shit football "fan" groups.

The dad's the one (and ultimately the only one) responsible for putting his daughter in this position.

He just had to honk, drive alongside Carragher's car, roll down his window and needlessly goad him to make himself look 'ard and clever.

What if the bloke had lost control of his car, while he was preoccupied with this nonsense?

Would that still be the headline then?

Anyway, I feel like I'm getting nowhere with this argument.

My point wrongly gets interpreted as a defense of Carragher, when I think his reaction is juvenile and stupid.

I condemn both of them, but I react mainly to the utter hypocrisy the tabloid media (and seemingly a lot of people) are showing by making Carragher's actions look worse than the instigator's.

Edited by shen
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

NO way he's getting away with that. Sky to sack him this week.

I think you are correct.  Richard Keys and Andy Gray will be watching this with their fingers hovering over the speed-dial numbers of their lawyers, if double standards are in play here.

2 hours ago, shen said:

Yeah, spitting at someone is far more dangerous than hazardous driving with your phone out and the eyes off the road...

Might not be more dangerous but spitting at someone is a more serious crime 

driving with a mobile device is 6 points and a £200 fine 

driving without due care and attention is a fine and possibility of losing your license for a period of time

Deliberately spitting at someone is assault and carries a prison

sentence 

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Might not be more dangerous but spitting at someone is a more serious crime 

driving with a mobile device is 6 points and a £200 fine 

driving without due care and attention is a fine and possibility of losing your license for a period of time

Deliberately spitting at someone is assault and carries a prison

sentence

I wasn't on about what the law says. It's clear to me which action carries the greater danger.

Anyway, there is an entire thread about this already, so I won't continue derailing this one.

Can we just say that Carragher and that dad in the other car are as bad as one another?

Carragher for spitting his dummy out.

The father for being a **** and a wonderful role model for his kids, whilst also putting everyone around him in danger with filming during driving.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Not a question of who is more wrong. Carragher is a pundit on tv watched by millions and just cannot do something like that.

NOBODY should do something like that. NOBODY should behave like the cvnt goading him. How hard is it to fathom?

However, Carragher wouldn't have randomly spit a person, the other bloke needlessly provoked him.

Why the **** is that behaviour glossed over?

People are acting as if they would be stone-faced and unmoved if strangers would continuously provoke them.

It's a bit like Zidane's infamous headbutt. Materazzi acted like a grade A cvnt and some people actually condoned and applauded it.

It doesn't justify Zidane's actions, but acting like it's inhuman to lose control is hypocritical and ignores the origin of the incident.