Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Just now, shen said:

NOBODY should do something like that. NOBODY should behave like the cvnt goading him. How hard is it to fathom?

However, Carragher wouldn't have randomly spit a person, the other bloke needlessly provoked him.

Why the **** is that behaviour glossed over?

People are acting as if they would be stone-faced and unmoved if strangers would continuously provoke them.

It's a bit like Zidane's infamous headbutt. Materazzi acted like a grade A cvnt and some people actually condoned and applauded it.

It doesn't justify Zidane's actions, but acting like it's inhuman to lose control is hypocritical and ignores the origin of the incident.

Both are in the wrong but the other guys actions shouldn't come in to account with regards to Sky and his job.

Carragher should rightly be dismissed, he could have just kept his window up and driven on. 

For the other guy, that's up to the authorities whether they take action over his dangerous driving but it's got nothing to do with JCs position at Sky. 

Plus, it's not like this guy was calling JC all the names under the sun - he was saying "2-1...." 

Carragher needs to grow up if that's how he reacts to comments as minor as that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shen said:

Yeah, spitting at someone is far more dangerous than hazardous driving with your phone out and the eyes off the road...

What about spitting at someone while sat in the drivers seat of a moving car with your head out of the window and your eyes off the road?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shen said:

Yeah, poor dad, he did nothing to provoke any sort of reaction...

Didn't say he didn't. Infact if you read an earlier comment I stated I thought he was abit of a twat. But you seem to think spitting on a man and his child is ok because he took the piss out of the score? 

10 minutes ago, shen said:

NOBODY should do something like that. NOBODY should behave like the cvnt goading him. How hard is it to fathom?

However, Carragher wouldn't have randomly spit a person, the other bloke needlessly provoked him.

Why the **** is that behaviour glossed over?

People are acting as if they would be stone-faced and unmoved if strangers would continuously provoke them.

It's a bit like Zidane's infamous headbutt. Materazzi acted like a grade A cvnt and some people actually condoned and applauded it.

It doesn't justify Zidane's actions, but acting like it's inhuman to lose control is hypocritical and ignores the origin of the incident.

Don't understand how you can compare the two or compare it to any situation, the guy is ripping into you because your team lost a football game (Leave out the fact, the guy's a twat for recording in a moving vehicle/comes off a ****) and your first instinct is to spit on him/them? No mate, that's ****ing disgraceful. 

23 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Carragher should rightly be dismissed

Why should he?

Sky currently employ:

Kirsty Gallacher - recently caught drink driving

Paul Merson - convicted drunk driver, notorious drug user and alcoholic

Dennis Wise - Broke Someones jaw and smashed up a cab

Steven Gerrard - Assault

Lampard - Sex tape and mocked americans after 9/11

Charlie Nicolas - Threw a bottle of vodka through a car window, car went off the road

Nial Quinn - Threw someone through a window when drunk

Other media employ:

Joey Barton - God knows how many arrests

Stan Collymore - God knows how many arrests

And that's without even putting a great deal of thought into it.  The whole game is littered with people who have committed crimes.

It was a scummy shitty thing to do. But I don't agree he should lose his job on the back of the offence. The police should deal with it and that should be the end of it, unless Sky feel they don't want someone like that to front their show. But that's massively hypocritical if they do.

Edited by Babylon

Besides the driving offences, I don't see what the man utd fan did wrong? 

From the video I saw he was just having a bit of banter? Nothing abbusive or malicious? You get see way worse aimed at him on social media.

To spit at someone is just disgusting though, for me it just shows the type of human being you really are. It's quite sad really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Didn't say he didn't. Infact if you read an earlier comment I stated I thought he was abit of a twat. But you seem to think spitting on a man and his child is ok because he took the piss out of the score?

Yeah. Another one interpreting my comments wrongly. The dad's an arse and gets no sympathy from me. Neither does Carragher, but I'll point the finger at the one who caused it.

I've had enough of this discussion though. It's boring me and I'm boring you.

11 minutes ago, shen said:

Yeah. Another one interpreting my comments wrongly. The dad's an arse and gets no sympathy from me. Neither does Carragher, but I'll point the finger at the one who caused it.

I've had enough of this discussion though. It's boring me and I'm boring you.

If I've mistaken what you've said then I apologise for that, easily done in the internet. 

But yea both are twats. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why should he?

Sky currently employ:

Steven Gerrard - Assault

Charlie Nicolas - Threw a bottle of vodka through a car window, car went off the road

Other media employ:

And that's without even putting a great deal of thought into it.  The whole game is littered with people who have committed crimes.

It was a scummy shitty thing to do. But I don't agree he should lose his job on the back of the offence. The police should deal with it and that should be the end of it, unless Sky feel they don't want someone like that to front their show. But that's massively hypocritical if they do.

Can also give many examples of when people have lost their jobs so it depends how you look at it. 

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why should he?

Sky currently employ:

Steven Gerrard - Assault

Other media employ:

Footballers don’t lose their jobs for committing offences (good ones that is)

the others would would lose their current media jobs if they committed an assault. 

He could come back in a few years but he should be sacked for now

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Footballers don’t lose their jobs for committing offences (good ones that is)

the others would would lose their current media jobs if they committed an assault. 

He could come back in a few years but he should be sacked for now

It's either sackable or it's not. The "let a few years go under the bridge" attitude makes no sense. It's basically saying, I don't like him now but we'll all have forgotten about it down the line and people won't care any more.

18 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Can also give many examples of when people have lost their jobs so it depends how you look at it.

Rodney Marsh - Joke about Sunami / Toon Army

Big Ron - Racist Comment (in the work place)

Keys and Gray - Numerous sexist and vulger comments (in the work place)

Beagrie - Punched his mrs numerous times.

Can't think of any more off hand at the moment. The only one I'd say was harshly treated was Marsh who said "Beckham would never move to Newcastle because of all the trouble caused by the Toon Army in Asia."  Which I thought was pretty funny lol

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can't think of any more off hand at the moment. The only one I'd say was harshly treated was Marsh who said "Beckham would never move to Newcastle because of all the trouble caused by the Toon Army in Asia."  Which I thought was pretty funny lol

I get what you're saying, but could you potentially get the forum into trouble with stating all of these apparent (some might be big hearsay and not true etc) happenings?

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

I get what you're saying, but could you potentially get the forum into trouble with stating all of these apparent (some might be big hearsay and not true etc) happenings?

Eh... they are all common knowledge and are the reasons they got sacked? Beagrie got convicted in court, there are numerous tapes of Keys and Gray. Big Ron was live on air and Marsh was live on the radio.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Collymore lost his job at 5 live for the dogging incident.

I know that incidents always happen with players, they're an asset to clubs so get away with most things.

If Vardy had called someone a Jap as a pundit, not a player, he would have been walking. 

And sure, we know they always get a job elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Why should he?

Sky currently employ:

Steven Gerrard - Assault

Other media employ:

I suspect it's in the hands of Sky's employment lawyers.

There must be a gross misconduct clause in Carragher's contract for bringing Sky's name into disrepute, which he is potentially in breach of.  If Sky's employment lawyers determine that he is, then Sky have little choice but to discipline Carragher.  Sky's hands will be tied as otherwise they'll be setting precedent in the workplace and potentially leaving themselves liable to unfair dismissal claims from other employees (both in the past and future).

So it's not really a case of Sky being massively hypocritical.  They'll be following the legal advice.

Edited by breadandcheese

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Collymore lost his job at 5 live for the dogging incident.

I know that incidents always happen with players, they're an asset to clubs so get away with most things.

If Vardy had called someone a Jap as a pundit, not a player, he would have been walking. 

And sure, we know they always get a job elsewhere.

The way I look at it, is that it's up to the employer to make the decision. I don't like people outside of that attempting to force their hand, whether it's the media or fake outrage on twitter.  They will know him, his attitude at work, if he's a bit of a dick behind the scenes. If they genuinely feel it's a one off mistake then they should be free to keep him on, with a in house punishment they see fit. Someone losing their job is one of the biggest punishments you can dish out IMO, personally I think that should be reserved for the most serious of crimes and incidents.

I wouldn't want some random in the street to lose their livelihood over it, so I don't see why I would want him to. It's outside of work and the proper punishment should come there IMO.

3 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

I suspect it's in the hands of Sky's employment lawyers.

There must be a gross misconduct clause in Carragher's contract for bringing Sky's name into disrepute, which he is potentially in breach of.  If Sky's employment lawyers determine that he is, then Sky have little choice but to discipline Carragher.  Sky's hands will be tied as otherwise they'll be setting precedent in the workplace and potentially leaving themselves liable to unfair dismissal claims from other employees (both in the past and future).

So it's not really a case of Sky being massively hypocritical.  They'll be following the legal advice.

That's fair enough, I have no real problem with Sky doing what they think is best for them. I have a problem with people attempting to influence that decision. It's none of their business.

But personally I think it would be a bit hypocritical that people drunk behind the wheel, endangering lives are given a pass. When someone spitting at a gobby moron isn't. Spitting is vile, but he's not really endangering lives. And before people say he could pass on a disease... give me a break.

Edited by Babylon

We all remember when Carragher risibly said our players should "hang their heads in shame" after we beat his beloved Liverpool in Shakey's first game.

I actually think he's a decent pundit but he was a complete tw@ for saying that.

So satisfying then that those words have now come back to haunt him...

• Like 1