Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

18 minutes ago, davieG said:

I presume that's a joke considering he's been there done that and got relegated with them

I think that has been erased from his career history. Like the QPR relegations.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

David Silva has been brilliant since he joined Man City. Must be one of their greatest ever players. 

He is one of the few none Leicester players in the Premier League I actually really, really like.  For me one of the best this league has ever seen and I just like his face.  X

• Like 1

Pellegrino always seemed such a bizarre appointment from Southampton...equally bizarre was not sacking him months ago...look at their run in, they're going down.

I wonder whether Eddie Howe would be interested?

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Pellegrino always seemed such a bizarre appointment from Southampton...equally bizarre was not sacking him months ago...look at their run in, they're going down.

I wonder whether Eddie Howe would be interested?

I suppose it has worked before for them an unproven foreign manager - pochettino, koeman and puel. Think theyll go with Marco silva this time. 

Is there a Leicester version of this guy? If not, there should be. Much rather see this than Sky Sports with all their 'experts' in the studio. I know we're supposed to be all tribal on here but the fans in this do seem like a great bunch of lads (and lasses).

Edited by kushiro
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Mind boggling to think that (assuming the win tonight) they'll have 81 points with 8 still to play. A significant points total to us all.

That's as many points as we won the league with, with 24 more points to play for.

Thank God Pep wasn't there 2015/16.

"Yeah but he's ad loads a moneh, should win league" argument isn't great, Manchester United have spent comparable amounts but this Manchester City team are by the far the best the Premier league has seen, they'll break the points and scoring records. I think the most interesting thing about them is that you'd struggle to say they have one standout player. De Bruyne has been brilliant the season but Silva and Sane have been incredible too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kushiro said:

The guy holding the corner flag looks 55.

Absolute embarrasment. A complete joke.

A club that has plumbed the depths of the championship with players like Hayden Mullins and Steve Potts, and theyre moaning that they were essentially given a modern stadium thats twice as big for free instead of developing one,  and signing players like Hernandez Arnautovic Lanzini and Hart, and theyre saying their club has been destroyed.

Absolutely piss off out of the league and take your Baker Boy hat with you. "Weve aad ar fackin soul ripped aaaaaaaat". Piss off.

• Like 2

Just now, Facecloth said:

Don't think you're understanding the graph.

It's actually possible that you might be the one doing the misunderstanding! Someone trying to discredit a perfectly valid (whether one agrees with it or not) point, with some twattish made-up graph for a cheap laugh, is my understaning of it. What was yours?

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's actually possible that you might be the one doing the misunderstanding! Someone trying to discredit a perfectly valid (whether one agrees with it or not) point, with some twattish made-up graph for a cheap laugh, is my understaning of it. What was yours?

It was quite funny, given that Shen had managed to derail the premier league thread with some media related trash news article. Each to their own.

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'll be honest, I haven't followed the whole discussion, but that graph clearly doesn't say they are equal or that spitting is worse.

Edited by Facecloth

48 minutes ago, FIF said:

It was quite funny, given that Shen had managed to derail the premier league thread with some media related trash news article. Each to their own.

As you say. I wouldn't blame Shen though - people were not obliged to respond, just as our more millenial supporters don't have to get all offended when WBA supporters have the temerity to celebrate a goal in a slightly OTT fashion. Which, by the way, is pathetic imo.

They've gone about things in the wrong way, but I can sympathise with West Ham fans. We were unhappy enough with our new ground over Filbert Street, and that was done for the right reasons and we stayed in pretty much the same city centre location. The London Stadium really is awful. 

• Like 1

http://www.football365.com/news/west-ham-diamond-geezers-with-their-rhinestone-club

Why West Ham fans are unhappy - not that "They're deluded, they think they should win the league!!!!!!!"

I deliberately used the wrong 'They're' previously but it didn't sit right so had to change it

Edited by Wookie
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

As you say. I wouldn't blame Shen though - people were not obliged to respond, just as our more millenial supporters don't have to get all offended when WBA supporters have the temerity to celebrate a goal in a slightly OTT fashion. Which, by the way, is pathetic imo.

You are right and I don't blame Shen, it makes a change for it not to be me.

19 hours ago, shen said:

Yeah. Another one interpreting my comments wrongly. The dad's an arse and gets no sympathy from me. Neither does Carragher, but I'll point the finger at the one who caused it.

I've had enough of this discussion though. It's boring me and I'm boring you.

Agree with this, it seemed to me he just wanted a bit of banter, wasn't like he called him a Scouse nonce or whatever