Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

16 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Be a line-up a mile long for that one. That low transfer fee will see Evans getting a nice signing bonus.

Hopefully we are at the back of this long queue.  Good price, but not good enough if we have aspirations of really improving our back line.  I doubt he is much quicker than Wesley.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43366954

Jamie Carragher: Former Liverpool defender apologises for spitting incident - BBC Sport

Rex FeaturesJamie Carragher
Carragher has been a regular TV pundit since his retirement from football in 2013

Jamie Carragher has apologised after a video showed the former England and Liverpool defender spitting towards a girl in a car from his own vehicle.

The 40-year-old, now a television pundit for Sky Sports, had been covering his former side's 2-1 defeat by Manchester Unitedon Saturday.

The video, obtained by the Mirror, shows Carragher react by spitting at a car after being "goaded".

He said he was "totally out of order" and has apologised to the family.

In the video, Carragher exchanges waves with the girl's dad. Carragher winds down his window while the girl's dad winds down his passenger side window. The dad can then be heard shouting: "Unlucky Jamie lad. Two, one." 

Carragher reacts by leaning out of his window and spitting towards the car, hitting the girl, who is sitting in the front passenger seat.

On Sunday night he apologised on Twitter and said that while he was "goaded three/four times while being filmed", there was "no excuse".

Jamie Carragher/TwitterJamie Carragher tweet

15 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43366954

Jamie Carragher: Former Liverpool defender apologises for spitting incident - BBC Sport

Rex FeaturesJamie Carragher

Carragher has been a regular TV pundit since his retirement from football in 2013

Jamie Carragher has apologised after a video showed the former England and Liverpool defender spitting towards a girl in a car from his own vehicle.

The 40-year-old, now a television pundit for Sky Sports, had been covering his former side's 2-1 defeat by Manchester Unitedon Saturday.

The video, obtained by the Mirror, shows Carragher react by spitting at a car after being "goaded".

He said he was "totally out of order" and has apologised to the family.

In the video, Carragher exchanges waves with the girl's dad. Carragher winds down his window while the girl's dad winds down his passenger side window. The dad can then be heard shouting: "Unlucky Jamie lad. Two, one." 

Carragher reacts by leaning out of his window and spitting towards the car, hitting the girl, who is sitting in the front passenger seat.

On Sunday night he apologised on Twitter and said that while he was "goaded three/four times while being filmed", there was "no excuse".

Jamie Carragher/TwitterJamie Carragher tweet

NO way he's getting away with that. Sky to sack him this week.

2 minutes ago, tiredclimb said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/west-ham-united-board-protest-march-meetings-hooligans-icf-action-group-a8244951.html

Very interesting read about West Ham. Shambolic inner workings and further highlighting the crookedness of the owners. 

lol The OAP ICF threatening people? Brilliant.

Keep it going Wham, this is glorious.

Not condoning Carragher's behaviour, but it's quite typical that the behaviour of the ones riling him up is not condemned.

For some reason, celebrities are held to a higher moral standard than Johnny Nobody.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

Not condoning Carragher's behaviour, but it's quite typical that the behaviour of the ones riling him up is not condemned.

For some reason, celebrities are held to a higher moral standard than Johnny Nobody.

The dad was being a jebend but if you put yourself in the public eye these are things you need to learn to deal with. 

Just now, SecretPro said:

The dad was being a jebend but if you put yourself in the public eye these are things you need to learn to deal with. 

But that's the thing, why does being in the public eye automatically make it acceptable to behave like that dad?

He's as much a shit as Carragher in this if you ask me.

It should be irrelevant who is the famous one of the two, Carragher is just as human (and stupid) as the next bloke.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shen said:

This, I'm not a huge fan if Carragher, in fact I don't like him very much...However, in this incident we look to string him up call for him to be fired etc. while the moron father who is setting a great example for his daughter, breaking at least one law along the way gets off with out any criticism.

It's bullwhip, spitting is vile but driving while on your phone kills people.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shen said:

Whilst I generally agree with your comment ,  in this case if you watch the video its only banter , he should have gave a bit of banter back not gobbed at the car.

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

This, I'm not a huge fan if Carragher, in fact I don't like him very much...However, in this incident we look to string him up call for him to be fired etc. while the moron father who is setting a great example for his daughter, breaking at least one law along the way gets off with out any criticism.

It's bullwhip, spitting is vile but driving while on your phone kills people.

6 minutes ago, shen said:

But that's the thing, why does being in the public eye automatically make it acceptable to behave like that dad?

He's as much a shit as Carragher in this if you ask me.

It should be irrelevant who is the famous one of the two, Carragher is just as human (and stupid) as the next bloke.

I don't think anyone is saying the dad isn't a twat but spitting at someone is about as low as you can go no? 

It doesn't matter if he was goaded. If he just gave the fella some stick back nobody would care. But he didn't. He spat at a man and his child. 

Just now, woznotwos said:

Whilst I generally agree with your comment ,  in this case if you watch the video its only banter , he should have gave a bit of banter back not gobbed at the car.

I just watched the video. As was pointed out above, to go out of your way, roll your window down to goad and film the incident while driving is disgusting and dangerous.

Of course Carragher is a numpty for even rolling down his window and spitting, but why would you ever think such behaviour from the dad is defensible?

He's the one committing the worst offence!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, shen said:

So some verbal banter over the score deserves spitting in someone's face. The guys a muppet and should be charged with assault.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So some verbal banter over the score deserves spitting in someone's face. The guys a muppet and should be charged with assault.

Fck me, I swear some of you are deliberately missing the point. Then again, it's this sort of response I was expecting from those calling for Carragher's head...

22 minutes ago, shen said:

Fck me, I swear some of you are deliberately missing the point. Then again, it's this sort of response I was expecting from those calling for Carragher's head...

Not at all I don't condone what the father did at all. But he did not spit in anyone's face. No excuse for that what so ever.

27 minutes ago, shen said:

Oh and just to add that's your opinion and your entitled to it. But it don't make you right.