Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

David silva has his personal issues at the moment and he doesn’t seem happy whenever things don’t quite go how he would like - maybe a damp Monday night at Stoke isn’t the best place for him just now 

I’ll get my coat ...............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.balls.ie/football/reports-emerge-much-arsenal-dressing-room-hated-alexis-sanchez-385008

Reports Emerge Of How Much Arsenal Dressing Room Hated Alexis Sanchez

Alexis Sanchez prolonged Arsenal exit bore out in front of the footballing world as his obvious unhappiness manifested itself on the pitch. While it was initially thought Sanchez was desperate for a move to Manchester City, his subsequent transfer to Man United proved it was more a case of a desperation to get away from Arsenal.

He has endured a mixed opening under Jose Mourinho, while his former club lost the League Cup Final and fell out of contention in the top four race. However it seems, as far as Arsenal's players are concerned, it was a case of good riddance with Sanchez's transfer.

Football journalist and author of 'Bring the Noise: The Jürgen Klopp Story' Raphael Honigstein has shone some light on the manner and revealed today on the Totally Football podcast that the Chilean was not a popular figure in the Arsenal dressing room.

It has become a bit of a joke to laugh at Arsenal because they made the noise 'finally we got rid of Alexis Sanchez' It’s been under-reported just how badly the whole Arsenal dressing room hated Alexis Sanchez. They really felt that he was just playing up to the camera doing all these things like ‘Oh I’m trying but nobody else is! What am I doing here?

Arsenal would put up stats inside the dressing room last year after every game showing the amount of kilometres run, the passing, and Sanchez would regularly come out with the lowest mileage run of any player in the team by a big distance.  The players would just go absolutely bananas at him playing to the camera and making all these moves like ‘Oh, they’re just not worthy of me! What am I doing here?

Honigstein did clarify he was speaking in relation to squad harmony: 'Whether they have improved as a team is a different story but I think it is a happier dressing room.'

Sanchez was evidently a frustrated figure at Arsenal and wanted out. Judging by this report, the feeling was mutual.

You can listen to the podcast in full here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

So who’s next for Southampton??

Steve McClaren 16-1 on bet victor.

Don't think I'd be able to stop laughing for weeks if that happened!

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I was kind of hoping they'd go down but to be fair if I'm honest with myself there are 3 teams I would rather went down.

There are far way worse clubs in this league then Southampton. A club that promotes youth players and one that doesn't reek of arrogance.

Hope they stay up and Pardew, West Ham and Hodgson go down!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I was kind of hoping they'd go down but to be fair if I'm honest with myself there are 3 teams I would rather went down.

I'd quite like them to go down, not because I have anything against them but because they have a couple of players that I think would be decent additions here.

2 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

There are far way worse clubs in this league then Southampton. A club that promotes youth players and one that doesn't reek of arrogance.

Looking at the remaining fixtures I think Palace have the easier run in so I think they’ll stay up

13 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Exactly, very likeable club. Hope they stay up

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Who lives nearby...

D52937A2-6ECD-4C48-B00E-41F99E4FA9AA.jpeg

I presume that's a joke considering he's been there done that and got relegated with them

On 23/02/2018 at 19:18, Super_horns said:

I presume they must have given him some warnings about it as he has been wearing the ribbon for quite a while.

And a small fine of a few thousand pounds isn't going to stop him!

With his punditry experience, Jamie Carragher might have a bit of time on his hands until May if Southampton fancy a different type of gob in the dressing room as manager. 

Hearing that Liverpool are keen on Butland.

Perhaps one if the better English goalkeepers, but still think he's pretty inconsistent to go to a club that's known for mistake-prone goalkeepers in recent times.

Edited by Wymeswold fox