Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WarehamFox

Atletico Madrid match thread

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

I agree, but also, for both occasions, the defending has been shoddy,, we should be better.  Do they want to name, names but both, Albright on has had a hand them.  It's about fine lines and they have that ability to make the most of em

Agreed - the goal was annoying in how soft it was - freedom of the county to cross and poor marking to allow a free header.  

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

I agree, but also, for both occasions, the defending has been shoddy,, we should be better.  Do they want to name, names but both, Albright on has had a hand them.  It's about fine lines and they have that ability to make the most of em

True - Both their goals have been avoidable. (Albrighton shouldn't have given the ref a chance to give it)

Looks like we are going for it! Good...

1 minute ago, Grewks said:

Only one side has made a decent cross in 45 mins...and it hasn't been us.

Look, if you don't watch much football apart from us, that's completely fine.

But commenting on what we should do to combat Atletico, when you clearly know nothing about them, isn't right.

To beat Atletico, you don't go 2-0 down, needing 3 goals. You won't find a cure, therefore you need to focus on prevention.

We've made more opportunities from crosses than anything else. 

What are you banging on about me knowing nothing about them? 

I'm simply saying how WE can improve our chances, like not crossing into ****ing okazaki. 

Clearly I know more than you, as Ulloa is on as I said. 

Be quiet now. 

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Strange thing is we've not been particularly bad in either tie, it's been last ditch at times but I only really remember one shot from them other than the goal, and that was a 25 yarder straight down Kaspers throat. They've just been more clinical than us.

Eh, the thing is, we've been so careless with the ball, we gift the edge to Athletico. I suppose I can't help but see that as particularly bad. We toss it up in midfield for a header by whomever, while AM works the ball down the field with proficiency, so they will of course get far more opportunities than us. That, plus the weirdness of the Vardy-Mahrez combination, too much to overcome, especially when we field a side that cannot really score more than 1 or 2. Which might've worked if we played an absolutely perfect game, but we weren't playing for a 1-0 game today. We knew we'd likely need 3, here we are needing 3, but we didn't field a side capable of scoring 3 until the 2nd half.  

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

We've made more opportunities from crosses than anything else. 

What are you banging on about me knowing nothing about them? 

I'm simply saying how WE can improve our chances, like not crossing into ****ing okazaki. 

Clearly I know more than you, as Ulloa is on as I said. 

Be quiet now. 

You think the tie is still in the balance....I thought it was all over after the first leg....

Let's see who was right then.

Just now, Grewks said:

You think the tie is still in the balance....I thought it was all over after the first leg....

Let's see who was right then.

No I don't think the tie is in the balance at all. 

I'm simply stating how we could improve our chances of scoring. 

8 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Reo Ferdinand also agreed Mahrez was lazy should have moved closer to the guy who made the cross for their goal Ze Guy 

Yes, he should have gone out and try to prevent to cross but you (and the other trigger happy guys) can't make him responsible for the goal. Ultimately it was Albrighton who let the score go and Fuchs who didn't come out fast to block the shooting line. You can't have one unmarked in your box and give him so much time to head it from ther and score. That's criminal at this level. 

Now I'm out again until this game ends.

Archived